Skip to main content

In praise of Seven

they may have tried to hit the mark but the numbers are showing that they are not reaching the market they are aiming for, and they have lost the market that was there so it is is a risk that has not paid off for them, so not really worthy of praise in my opinion.
In Gayspie’s eyes those not watching are just haters and not giving the show a chance.

And considering the view is the TikTok generation has shorter attention spans I don't get how going from 20 minute daily shows to 70-90 minutee episodes is making the show for this generation. Is it because there is only two minutes of worthwhile content per episode?
All of my fellow tiktok generation friends switched off in 2021. The episodes were too long to commit to every night. Nor were they even entertaining enough to sustain interest. Funnily enough when I watched the first two episodes of this season I was more focused on tiktok whilst it played in the background.

All of my fellow tiktok generation friends switched off in 2021. The episodes were too long to commit to every night. Nor were they even entertaining enough to sustain interest. Funnily enough when I watched the first two episodes of this season I was more focused on tiktok whilst it played in the background.
I do agree that the first couple of seasons of BB on 7 had episodes that were way too long, and had way too many challenges.

Post the entire episodes of Big Brother AU 2025 on YouTube in 4K 60p (including a 24/7 livestream) and with no region locks, you will probably get more views per episode than the whole Channel 7 era combined. These traditional broadcasters need to die with their outdated approach to programming. Embrace the future!

Post the entire episodes of Big Brother AU 2025 on YouTube in 4K 60p (including a 24/7 livestream) and with no region locks, you will probably get more views per episode than the whole Channel 7 era combined. These traditional broadcasters need to die with their outdated approach to programming. Embrace the future!
My partner is from Chile. Chile just finished their first season of big brother. I don't know how, but they aired the show on tv, had live feeds online, concurrently had live streams of the daily shows with separate co-hosts like twitch streamers, and some episodes ran for 3+ hours. The season went for 6 months, it was extended part way through. AND, aired episodes were freely available on YouTube. I think what really helped was this cross-platform approach, giving people multiple means of tuning in. It was a huge success.

Back