Skip to main content

If I was to watch any season of BB, from any country... which one?

Time travelling back to 2006 and the "Big Brotherhood" was one of the lamest launch twists the show has ever done - on paper it wasn't too bad an idea but it just didn't really work.

Time treavelling back to 2014 and the "Big Brotherhood" doesn't seem to bad. Compared to the years before it it might have been lame but compared to what followed it I'd say only 2010 offered a better launch twist with the live final selection of the HMs and a further twist involving the final HM.

Initial thoughts. I don't know what to think! I love that they can boo housemates. I can't understand a word Bonnie is saying. I don't understand why the host flicked her bean.... But I fucking love it haha.

I like it so far. It's so different.

"Wankers! *cough* Meow *whistle*" Jesus Christ! Hahaha this guy is brilliant.

Time travelling back to 2006 and the "Big Brotherhood" was one of the lamest launch twists the show has ever done - on paper it wasn't too bad an idea but it just didn't really work.

Time treavelling back to 2014 and the "Big Brotherhood" doesn't seem to bad. Compared to the years before it it might have been lame but compared to what followed it I'd say only 2010 offered a better launch twist with the live final selection of the HMs and a further twist involving the final HM.

2006 was a piss poor effort... I'll give you credit though... In hindsight the "Big Brotherhood" twist was much better in comparison to any of the series following... However BB7 in reality was nothing more than a continuation of the two series prior... The only reason the series stands out for me falls on a handful of HM's... And even then it was not always for the better... IMO the show had reached it's creative peak and looking back the show really started to show it's age...

As for 2010... Again I'll give you some credit... The 2010 launch was refreshing watching HM's selected live... However the rest of the twist was complete and utter crap... I think it's pretty obvious that not everyone left on the podium stood the same chance of being "randomly selected"... And clearly the producers hand picked someone they thought could pull off the task... The only remaining postive from that series was the fact that it ended two weeks early to make way for Ultimate Big Brother... It rates only mildly better than some of the other crappy series I've seen...

Huh? How come so few people recommended BBUK 5 (2004) ?!

THE series that made worldwide news as it erupted in a chaos and carnage known as Fight Night.

Still remember watching the live streams when it all went down. First they cut away the cameras, but could still hear the audio for awhile.

It is probably the most important series of BBUK but far from my favourite - I'd rate 2,3,6,7,9 and 11 over it I think. However I would still recommend it, but think for anyone knew to BBUK they're probably better off watching another season of BBUK first.

It is probably the most important series of BBUK but far from my favourite - I'd rate 2,3,6,7,9 and 11 over it I think. However I would still recommend it, but think for anyone knew to BBUK they're probably better off watching another season of BBUK first.

I'd take Kitten's week 1 rebellion and "No Naked Jacuzziness"over the first few weeks of constant fighting... Don't get me wrong BB6 was classic but I prefer BB5 over it...

My issue with BB6 is that it took almost a month for a legit plot to develop. "Watch crazy people argue about nothing" is great but only for so long. I prefer 5 and 7 because the plots are much more tangible and strong.

Also, since 2 was mentioned I think it's kinda garbage. It's one of those early-2000s "legendary" series that You Had To Be There for.

I am addicted to BB UK 2006 now, I have completely stopped watching the current Australian big brother. I love how they show the housemates in their daily sequence of events, each day in the house. It's how big brother Australia used to be. Not overly edited and psycho.

I tried watching big brother US but thought it was way too edited and seemed kind of fake. I like BBUk because they have nasty and volatile housemates (like BB US), AND they are not overly edited.

That sounds awesome purple.jelly, I will be watching it. Right now my whole life is consumed by BBUK 2006, it is debilitating. I'm gonna have to watch ALL UK big brother's now.

Also, since 2 was mentioned I think it's kinda garbage. It's one of those early-2000s "legendary" series that You Had To Be There for.
That's probably fair with the early series of all versions actually. However definately recommend watching a few select episodes just to get a feel of things.

I prefer 5 and 7 because the plots are much more tangible and strong.

7 got moving a lot faster than 6 did but still it wasn't until the replacements came in that the story really started to develop... That fist week or so was fairly painful... Also the cast was all over the place... I mean in the span of 16 days they lost 6 HM's... Shahbaz "walked" on day 8, Dawn was ejected two days later, Bonner was evicted on day 9, George walked on day 13, and then 3 days after Sezer was evicted...

Yay just saw your comment that it's the best season of all time!
Lol it is so insane. The second I start watching the guy with Tourettes enters and falls down the stairs.
Don't like how they ostracized the gay guy (forgot name). I'm feeling so sorry for him.
Lmfao at the girl who has tantrums. Imagine how the Australian public would react to her.
Yah BBUK is something like I've never seen seen before with BB, but I loved it this year!! Last year, the only thing that kept me going was Gina and Dexter...lol!! So needless to say, I was very reluctant to watch it agisin, but I'm glad I have it any other try!! 2014 was REALLY good !! I'm gonna have to watch season 6 too. May start tomorrow...lol!! Had surgery today, so I don't have much else to do....lol!! BBAU is my favorite tho !!!

Back