Skip to main content

How To Get Away With Murder

the Theorist

Over-thinker. Over-analyser. Over-complainer.
Awesome site donor
latest

How To Get Away With Murder follows the personal and professional life of Annalise Keating, a criminal law professor at Middleton University in Philadelphia who selects a group of her best students from her university class to work at her firm. As her professional and personal life start to collide, Annalise and her students become unwillingly entwined with a murder plot.

---​

I hardly ever watch TV shows in real-time but I decided to download catch-up on this series because I'd heard a lot of really good reviews about it and wow! I am seriously hooked. It's honestly one of the best and most compelling TV shows I've seen in a long time. Sometimes it gets confusing because there's several really intricate and confusing storylines all happening at the same time but it eventually all gels together and so far the twists have been insaaaane!

I am excited for (and dreading) the season finale next week - I can't wait to see how Season 1 ends but at the same time I don't want it to end at all... how am I supposed to wait over six months for Season 2?! :dead:

Anyone else watching this?

I'll have to get on it
Just avoid spoilers at all costs, especially with the season finale this week. It's so much better when you don't know what happens - there's a lot of things you won't see coming. My mouth was virtually hitting the floor every second episode. :hilarious:

Just avoid spoilers at all costs, especially with the season finale this week. It's so much better when you don't know what happens - there's a lot of things you won't see coming. My mouth was virtually hitting the floor every second episode. :hilarious:

Downloading all 13 eps as we speak, will binge watch in a few days so I dont get anything spoiled! Thanks for reminding me to get it!

I'm loving it so far. I am so tempted to read ahead so I know what happens, but trying my hardest not to. I've just seen episode two (watching it via free to air), and with another twelve episodes to go, it seems so long to wait to know how everything will pan out! Judging by the first two episodes though, there will be so much more storyline to come, it'll be worth it.

My jaw did drop in episode 2 though - I have some guesses as to how it will all come together, but very much hoping and expecting to be surprised.

The AV Club is reviewing it, and there's always some good discussions there too.

Oh my god @twist, how can you resist not watching ahead with so many episodes available! My suggestion definitely don't read anything though, it'll just ruin it imo. It'll deflate the suspense/surprise, etc.

It reminds me of Pretty Little Liars a bit. Except 20x better.

Also, @twist are you watching from Ch7? Just out of curiosity are they cutting the gay sex scenes? (Although I spose if you haven't seen the American broadcast you wouldn't know.) I only ask coz apparently UK has been cutting the gay sex scenes out of their broadcast (and let's face it, there's a lot of them lol... out of all 13 episodes I can only recall three that were straight sex scenes :p;) ).

Oh my god @twist, how can you resist not watching ahead with so many episodes available! My suggestion definitely don't read anything though, it'll just ruin it imo. It'll deflate the suspense/surprise, etc.

Also, @twist are you watching from Ch7? Just out of curiosity are they cutting the gay sex scenes? (Although I spose if you haven't seen the American broadcast you wouldn't know.) I only ask coz apparently UK has been cutting the gay sex scenes out of their broadcast (and let's face it, there's a lot of them lol... out of all 13 episodes I can only recall three that were straight sex scenes :p;) ).

So far they haven't cut anything.

I have been thinking about this and trying to recall what's been shown already. There was a scene in episode one, but from memory it was just eluded to in episode two. I hope Ch7 haven't cut anything out - but I couldn't say for sure at this point. I guess it depends what the 9 or 9.30 pm time slot allows, but I would much prefer they present the show in full, rather than censor it like the UK. Definitely a show where you have to get the WHOLE experience :)

I agree about not reading ahead ... but it is SOOOOOOO hard!

Back