Skip to main content

How does BBAU compare?

Never watched BBUK and this is my first season of BBAU. So based on BBAU, BBUS, BBCAN and in my country (Portugal) we have Secret Story (season 5 will start this month)...I would say that

BBAU is so far my least favorite just for the simple fact that there are no live feeds so it can be highly manipulated in terms of what they show on the edit version...I did like the first episode and the host but after that is going down, from boring episodes where it seams they are rushing to show things to "live" episodes where the host shows up in the beginning to say hi and doesn't show up for the rest of the episode...

BBUS is still my favorite mainly because I like the scheming and seeing ppl being screwed left and right :S and most important the public doesn't have much influence so the little poor pity me card doesn't influence the game. Although after BB7 it has kinda sucked.

BBCAN was a pleasant surprise and it seamed a fresher version BBUS.

Secret Story is not bad I like they have secrets and have to figure them out and all that but at least on the Portuguese version the production has to much influence on the game and manipulated the nominations (I will even say the public vote) according with their favorites, and pretty much at the end the poor little guy with the most dramatic story wins.

Until now I have watched only one season of BB Canada and I couldn't get used on that show cause from Day One the main focus was on game and how to win the show. Many tasks were in that direction and it was too much from me.

When we had BB in Croatia (few years ago, 3 or 4 seasons) it was similar to BB Australia but the problem with our BB was that Croatian public is so predictable and after one week you know who is going to win. They have many sterotypes here and if you're atheist, gay (or even women) there is no way you will win.

There were some good girls in the show but noone didn't vote for them in the final. The first season was the best one, cause there wasn't censure of sex scenes and we could see a lot. The seasons after were boring and actually I don't even remember now the winners. One girl from the first season got work on TV and all other are not in media anymore like it usually happens with most of them.

I think BBAUS is the best BB by far. It's way more fun. BBUS use to be great but it's gone down hill for several seasons now.

I pretty much agree with Flyrod. I think BB US is the worst. It's just one repetitive competition after another, all kinds of nastiness is allowed, and the diary room consists of HMs screaming inanities like, "I want to win," or I went into the yard and saw.... It is mega scripted. BB Canada is marginally better. Both US and CAN, because there's no public vote, consist of endless eviction talk, lying and backstabbing.

BB UK and AU are hard to compare since they are so different, and I enjoy both, although UK wasn't that great this year--to much manufactured drama. So far, this year AU is my favourite.

I'm done with BBUK after this year's disaster... the pass to the final, too much interference from BB, and vile Helen winning killed the show for me.
I heard so much about about BBUS that I know I'd hate it - actually I tried once and switched off after ten minutes... No thanks, not for me.
From what I hear now about BB Canada it doesn't seem that much better.
So it's BBAU for me, despite the editing, despite the missing live feeds etc. The whole atmosphere is better - less competitive, less manipulative, there's less nastiness (with some exceptions, but in general it's better), there's hardly anybody I totally despise (or to a much lesser degree), the whole thing is more relaxed and more fun to watch, and the housemates as a group are much more likable.

BBUS has become a disastrous trainwreck with horrible casting and poorly thoughtout twists which have negatively affected the game. The scripted dairy rooms, unanimous votes to evict, unlikeable houseguests and robotic host drive me up the wall to the point where the last two seasons, despite having little to watch over the summer I have given up on watching the last few weeks and just tune in for the finale. There I desperately hope for perhaps a surprise or two but no.......BBCAN is a far superior version of BBUS with overall better casts and workable twists.
BBUK I cant really understand what they are saying half the time and couldnt get into this season when someone got a pass to the finale on week one.

For me as a Canadian I enjoy BBAU the best, like the BB interaction with the housemates, and unscripted diary rooms, and although Sonia is very gameshowy at least she has some comprehension of what is going on in the house unlike Julie Chen. Ive always liked and gotten along with Aussies and I prefer this type of show though edited because in the versions Ive watched it appears that the Aussie public often gets the votes right despite the edit.

Its great to have live feeds and in the US version they frequently show that the edit being provided by the TV version is often completely inaccurate as production tries to manipulate their favorites into the winners seat.

However live feed watching is basically an exercise in boredom as little actually happens on them and you have to be a complete addict to actually watch them for any length of time. I dont mind the lack of live feeds in BBAU, I just take it for great viewing entertainment with interesting characters, find it more overall fun and enjoyable and rank it #1 for viewing. Thats my take.

#1 BBAU
#2 BBCAN
#3 BBUK

#4 BBUS......its virtually unwatcheable

Other than our own BBAU, I have only watched BBUK. I love the UK version - the format is similar to ours, the housemates are usually very interesting, and the hosts (Emma Willis/Davina) are excellent and aren't scared to ask the difficult questions.

I am currently watching the 2014 UK version and I am not liking it as much as previous years because of the bitchiness and lack of fun. But previous years have been fantastic. I highly recommend the 2010 season as a starting place - there was a very annoying aussie in that one, and a great winner.

Back