Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Hunted not even trying anymore.

"We have eyes on the vehicle. Two occupants. One in the driver seat, one passenger".

*cuts to shot of driver, passenger and badly concealed cameraman in the back*

I made it through the first episode of this season, and immediately remembered how staged and fake it is. I just can't.

Thinking about sending my Australian friend a package of Canadian goodies just curious if Fireball Whiskey is a thing in Australia? I see that it is available online but not sure if it’s as common place as it is here.

IMG_1245.jpeg

Thinking about sending my Australian friend a package of Canadian goodies just curious if Fireball Whiskey is a thing in Australia? I see that it is available online but not sure if it’s as common place as it is here.

View attachment 59799

Yeah, it's definitely a thing in Australia.
I would say it's fairly common for people to buy rounds of fireball shots when out or to bring a bottle out at a party.

I'm going away this weekend with friends and tempted to bring a bottle. Not too long ago I was staying at a farm in NZ for a wedding. I bought some fireball and everyone was all, "Why?.. ok.." but boy did they all love that I did.

Am I the only one who struggles with not intending to sound rude but ends up doing so?

I was a few minutes early for a haircut and someone had already greeted me and offered a drink while I wait… Not two seconds later someone came up and offered to do the same. I just meant to say that someone was already helping me but I guess the way I said it came out very blunt cause the guy walked away and kind of gave me the stink eye.

I just meant to say that someone was already helping me but I guess the way I said it came out very blunt cause the guy walked away and kind of gave me the stink eye.

Ha, don't worry about it, just forget about it and carry on.

Someone please explain? His rants about Sydney I understand because I did more than my share of partying in Sydney. Melbourne on the other hand I was only there for a few days, was poor AF, and was crashing with friends who were also poor AF.

Someone please explain? His rants about Sydney I understand because I did more than my share of partying in Sydney. Melbourne on the other hand I was only there for a few days, was poor AF, and was crashing with friends who were also poor AF.

I haven't been to Revolver for many years. So I can't speak with any recent experience. It's on Chapel Street and is the place people go when they don't know anywhere good. Also, it is open all night. Which is the main attraction. When the better places close people go to Revs. It's dark. It's full of couches. With loud music. It's kind of a shit hole.

It's a kind of cross between a bar and a club. So people think there's always the possibility they may find someone to hook up with but almost certainly won't unless they're extremely desirable. It doesn't have the flow of mixing of a club and groups tend to just hang out together. No one really has a good time, but they are there to keep on drinking.

It's the place people go before they get old enough to realise they'd have a much better time with their friends hanging out somewhere they can chat and enjoy drinks and conversation. Probably in large part, because they haven't made proper friends they actually like and get along within their adult life. It's just groups of people who hang out. In a loud place barely chatting which is preferable to a quieter place they'd have to try and actually get along.

One thing I found fairly consistent is being approached by attractive women there. I'd be thinking, "Ooh Hello." Then she'd ask if I had drugs or offer to sell me some. Much to my disappointment.

Last edited:
I haven't been to Revolver for many years. So I can't speak with any recent experience. It's on Chapel Street and is the place people go when they don't know anywhere good because it is open all night. So often after a better place close, they go to Revs. It's dark. It's full of couches. With loud music. It's kind of a shit hole.

It's the kind of place people go when they don't know better. It's a kind of cross between a bar and a club. So people think there's always the possibility they may find someone to hook up with but almost certainly won't unless they're extremely desirable. As it doesn't have the flow of mixing of a club and groups tend to just hang out mainly together. No one really having a good time, but they are there to keep on drinking.

It's the place people go before they get old enough to realise they'd have a much better time with their friends hanging out somewhere they can chat and enjoy drinks and conversation. Probably in large part because the groups of people who go there haven't made proper friends they actually like in their adult life. It's just groups of people who hang out. People in a loud place barely chatting is preferrable to a quieter place because without the noise they'd have to try and actually get along.

One thing that I would say was fairly consistent the times I would be there, is that I'd be approached by attractive women. I'd be thinking, "ooh Hello." Then she'd ask if I had drugs or offer to sell me some. Much to my disappointment.
Ok. I guess the closest comparison was the difference between the afterhours I used to go to and the "other" afterhours that I didn't dare go to... Most of Canada has pretty strict liquor laws (in Alberta the latest bars/clubs can be open is 3am) so when I say "afterhours" the places only served non-alcoholic refreshments but just talk to the person next to you and you could get an entire alphabet of other substances or they knew someone.

Anyways my regular haunt would always have a few randoms that would venture in when they didn't want to go home after the bar closed or people who had probably "over indulged" but for the most part the regulars/occasionals were all pretty good. Any time I went I'd always leave with at least one new FB friend, and would usually end up at some randoms house for a sketchy Sunday party.

Aside from an old co-worker of mine who was apparently one of the founders I never heard anyone speak positively about the "other" afterhours. What kept me away the most was the fact that I'd heard of several shootings that were assosiated with the place. Basically thier clientel were mostly gang related and/or sketchy people that had been banned from the good place.

In other words my heaven vs hell.

Miss me bitch?
giphy.gif

Back