Skip to main content

Forum Etiquette

cat-yawn-gif.gif

Because I know you love kitty gifs, Madge!! :kiss:

Oh, I need to join it. All I'm gonna say is you started it CaspersMum! ;)

kitty.gif

i remember the days of bbb being super heavy with moderation, regular bannings, etc, and for all the effort the place seemed way more toxic as a result. things today arent really so bad at all.
the only bit of etiquette i would like to see enforced is 'no shitting up appreciation threads'. imo every hm should have at least one thread as sanctuary from hateful comments.
other than that, my only real annoyance is thread derailment. im not talking about the organic shift in topic, or a slight temporary derail. im talking about completely off the rails, using a handful of people arguing about some stupid shit from another thread that has nothing to do with the topic.
which leads to a minor annoyance in which people cant seem to let anything roll off their back and have to go to war over the slightest of provocations.

i also wish i could do something other than 'like' a post. disagree, dumb, popcorn, hug, dramaqueen, etc are some of the other ratings ive seen used elsewhere. please!

So being the ripe old age of 20 I guess I can come under the Skye excuse of "he's 20 he's immature".

But seriously, the amount of people getting the knickers in a twist over trolls or forum members (including myself) having a go at each other is annoying.

Which leads me to my point of this thread - does everyone think there are specific standards of etiquette to abide by when being on the BBB forums? The obvious ones - no racism, no homophobia etc. but is there other ones that people feel need to be enforced?

I love forums, I think they're fantastic - people from all walks of life can come have a chat, have fun and mostly what I enjoy is the arguments that ensue. No argument has ever affected me online because A - I don't know any of these people in real life and B - It's easy to talk behind a computer screen.

The disagreements and different personalities are what makes forums FORUMS. If you don't want to read a particular thread? Don't read it. Don't like what people are saying to other forum members, get over it. Chances are they have done something in order for this person to be saying certain things to another forum member - unless the attack is completely unprovoked and unnecessary, personal trolling.

But somehow I (and others) are made out to be a scandalous villain when they disagree with someone or have a general disliking to a forum member. We aren't put on this forum to get along no matter how much you'd like your cliche little "Let's all talk about BB and have fun" yeah kumbaya and all that shit.

Good post.

I don't actually see "age" as a number as my 14 yr old is a lot older in mindset than many people in their 40's on here. It's more about wisdom and life experience. I also think about littl'ns who are 5 (in numbers) but have lived through illness and/or woe having a mental age, many people who have lived relatively charmed lives, cannot grasp let alone understand.

The fact you started this thread shows your age and again numbers have zero to do with it.

I do however refuse to do the kumbaya bit. Next you will be suggesting potato sack races.

tbh the only reason i dont post much is i fear being stomped on by some of the more voracious posters. I do read everything on these forums and enjoy most of it, but can't bring myself to participate a lot for fear of retribution for an innocent comment I might make. I don't argue well and I feel totally out of my league on here. But I do love all the different personalities. BBB rocks!

tbh the only reason i dont post much is i fear being stomped on by some of the more voracious posters. I do read everything on these forums and enjoy most of it, but can't bring myself to participate a lot for fear of retribution for an innocent comment I might make. I don't argue well and I feel totally out of my league on here. But I do love all the different personalities. BBB rocks!

Opinions are like arsehole, everyone has one. Some are sweet, some are bitter, some are bland and some are down right mental. Never be afraid to voice an original thought. There is more than enough room for all of us.

Back