Skip to main content

Fishtank Live

Tim

Don't block a thread, bitches.
Staff member
Administrator
Anyone else heard about this Big Brother-esque online show?

Online streamer house, if you last 6 weeks you get $10k. Everyone watching online can pay to make things happen to torment the contestants. I've only just started watching but going by the clips I've seen on Tiktok some insane stuff has already happened.

It's giving very 2000s aesthetic.

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 9.59.25 pm.jpg

People are doing live feed recaps on Twitter, makes me nostaligic for Channel 10 BBBA days lol

Whow! It is really like the old BB, well I signed up and they are sleeping at the moment , lol.
$40.00 it is not that much but I am happy just watching it without being involved in their lives. If you pay, when they are finished with the show they are emailing it to you

Fishtank has no venture capital seed money, we rely entirely on viewer contributions. You are the director.

To support Fishtank, sign up for the Season Pass. You get:

• Custom username color in chat
  • Custom profile picture
  • Access to all archived footage for the entire show
  • 20% off all FISHTOYS
  • 300 tokens starter kit
  • FREE copy of Fishtank Season One, emailed to you once complete
$40.00, one time payment.

Or you can just watch it for free without all that. It is easy just sign in

God, this does feel very naughties. A few things like this used to crop up back in the day - usually either a student project or something set up by rich folk with questionable motivations.

God, this does feel very naughties. A few things like this used to crop up back in the day - usually either a student project or something set up by rich folk with questionable motivations.
What worries me is that people can get involve, the Internet is full of nasty people, and would hate to see the contestants suffer. I enjoyed seeing them act with each others that's enough for me

Having given it some time it's very oldschool Big Brother mixed with 2023 streamer culture. You can pay for text-to-speech announcements into the house (very common for streamers) so you can have a basic conversation with the fish if you really wanna pay. I have seen this play out in some fun ways though, like TTS being announced into the bedroom telling one fish that the others in the living room are talking shit about them.

But this also means the main chat is full of teen boys saying stupid shit.

Also the producers enter the house a fair bit and tell the fish what to do and say.

Having given it some time it's very oldschool Big Brother mixed with 2023 streamer culture. You can pay for text-to-speech announcements into the house (very common for streamers) so you can have a basic conversation with the fish if you really wanna pay. I have seen this play out in some fun ways though, like TTS being announced into the bedroom telling one fish that the others in the living room are talking shit about them.

But this also means the main chat is full of teen boys saying stupid shit.

Also the producers enter the house a fair bit and tell the fish what to do and say.
I watched it last night a little and this morning, it is boring and not at all what I thought it would be, nothing like BB. The chat is idiotic.
Like you said the producers enter the house a lot.

Seems like a bunch of streamers are also running their own livestreaming competition/Big Brother esque show. Production seems all right so far and its free, at least, so the only thing you’re losing is time.

Back