Skip to main content

Eviction Stage design, On-Air Graphics and Theme Song Talk

Last year's stage was a massive improvement on 2012,
But like everyone else I don't like the close in feeling of it all

The overall feeling is very dark and very closed off.
I guess they are still tpfinding their feet, and what works well
Remember it took 3 seasons for them to get the set perfect last time,

BB just isn't the big event like it used to be, and I don't know if it's becasue of the format or just change of times,

Another thing worth noting:

During 2005-2007 the eviction stage was also used for Nominations shows - but as a result of using camera angles they NEVER used during evictions and blacking out the entire auditorium - it looked like a different set that was inspired by the eviction stage.

The thing that annoys me the most is that they don't utilize the space of the stage properly... All they have is "Sonia's Circle" at the front and a tonne of empty black space at the back that wasn't used effectively... Also I found that the eviction plank last year was too wide which made for weird hunch-back walking when evicted housemates were giving high fives...

They could always add a stage in the middle to take out a few seats - indeed think having Sonia right in the middle of the crowd might help with the atmosphere a bit.
Do you mean a bit link BBUK?

article-2548325-1B101E0500000578-448_634x409.jpg

The thing that annoys me the most is that they don't utilize the space of the stage properly... All they have is "Sonia's Circle" at the front and a tonne of empty black space at the back that wasn't used effectively... Also I found that the eviction plank last year was too wide which made for weird hunch-back walking when evicted housemates were giving high fives...
to high as well

Another thing worth noting:

During 2005-2007 the eviction stage was also used for Nominations shows - but as a result of using camera angles they NEVER used during evictions and blacking out the entire auditorium - it looked like a different set that was inspired by the eviction stage.

I went to a few FNLs and Nomination shows in 2006 and 2007 and in those seasons they used the eviction auditorium at Dreamworld for both but had a black curtain behind about row 10 of the auditorium, making it look and feel like a separate area for the TV audience but in reality it was all the same place.

It was bloody cold in there in the later weeks of the season as it was right in the middle of Winter (admittedly Qld Winter but we feel the cold up here) and there was not very many people filling the huge open space of the auditorium.

and why the heck is the audience not allowed to bring signs??? seriously, you can have security check the signs upon entrance if you're scared people will write inappropriate things. and i miss how people used to dress up despite the occasional cringe factor.

seriously though the crowd used to go WILD!! now they just sit politely in the dark while the cameraman pretends they aren't there.

Have channel nine placed their cameras differently to channel ten? If channel nine's cameras are behind the audience, when channel ten's cameras were in front, people standing, jumping up and down and waving signs would be interfering with all channel nine's shots.

Part of the problem is the circle that Sonia stands on is further into the audience area. The whole black void between that circle and the curved projection screen is what would have been the space used for a set in the Channel Ten days.

I don't know why, + I don't think anyone else cares, but I liked the screens they had in the old sets :/ It was good and made the auditorium look good :)

The best thing for channel nine to do with BB is to just hand it back to channel 10, they have no idea how in the channel 10 era it was way better, why don't they bring back one of the eyes from 2001-2008, not copy cat the one from UK

The light bars they had that would change colour were VERY effective at "filling the voids" in the set. I always wondered what lighting device they were. Anybody know?

The best thing for channel nine to do with BB is to just hand it back to channel 10, they have no idea how in the channel 10 era it was way better, why don't they bring back one of the eyes from 2001-2008, not copy cat the one from UK
I wish for this too. Ten would do anything to have the show back, and they would actually be edgy with the format again. Nine are just too safe.
How I understand it is that Nine's 3 years deal that they bought the rights for ends this year, if the show doesn't do well I think it will be the last season on Nine. So there is no excuse for Alex and Co. not to try everything and go all out this season, because its ultimately their last chance.

The light bars they had that would change colour were VERY effective at "filling the voids" in the set. I always wondered what lighting device they were. Anybody know?
From what I know they were just LED strips with a frosted "bar" cover of the top used in 2007. In 2006 is was just LED Netting.

To be honest I don't think anything would be drastically different if it went back to Channel Ten... What BB needs at this point is consistency and a solid format that isn't going to flip flop from week to week...

Channel 10 being so desperate for ratings would be making all the same decisions Nine did when they revived the show... We might get some shiny new packaging but it would be business as usual in so many other ways...

In my opinion Channel 10 would be better off repackaging the format with some new elements and pushing it towards an older demographic under a new name... The show isn't what it used to be and is next to impossible to recreate the same show many of us fell in love with... The only solution is to wipe the slate clean and start over...

Speaking of theme songs, does anybody know where I would be able to get the music played during Sonia's walk-down/entrance. If you are unsure which I mean its played between 1:17 - 1:39 of this eviction:

Back