Skip to main content

Estelle's "hard life"

Allgood

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a transcript or a video of Estelle explaining why she has had a hard life.

Or is it another fairly major topic that we have not been allowed to see this year but are constantly reminded about it on the daily show?

Well I'm not sure if it actually exists. Estelle has apparently told everybody she had a hard life, but won't actually give any details.

But knowing Estelle, if she stubbed her toe once when she was 14, that probably constitutes major life trauma, and will be sure to cause a cry session.

Everyone has had a hard life – according to themselves.

Every last one of us has a “hardest thing I’ve ever been through,” moment in our lives… Some of us might have the death of a parent, or a diagnosis of a life changing medical condition… Some of us might not get a pony for Christmas. But all of us will look at that “hardest thing ever,” as the hardest thing ever and react to it as such. It’s a perfectly normal stage of human development called adolescence.
It’s only as you get a bit of perspective (that tends to come with having more challenges) that you can actually look at a problem in its full context and see that maybe not getting that pony isn’t the same thing as getting run over by a bus.

That said, I knew a girl in TAFE who teared up talking about how hard it was to be diagnosed with myopia, and liked to talk about how it changed her outlook on life… I thought it was funny until I realised she wasn’t trying to make a joke, and was actually serious. Then it became fucking hilarious.

Well she comes from Morwell, Vic. Morwell/Moe I think has the highest unemployment in Vic.
Remember Jaiden Leski, the toddler murder, it's that area.
Poor and not very nice places.

If she was hanging around skate parks in Morwell it would be pretty rough going.

But then we have her riding in the Netherlands supposedly, how does that work? she's quite well spoken.

Michael says she's allways going on about her tough life.

All we ever hear about anything is people talking about having talked about something -why do we never hear the real conversations?

Estelle's had to go through her whole life dealing with people who don't get how much of a special little princess she is. It's a hard life. She does her best to explain to people that her biggest faults are that she pushes herself too much, won't stand for discussions about racism except on her terms and tries too hard to impress people how good she is, but nobody gets it.

Despite Estelle's best efforts to mark herself out as special, unique, different and better, people keep putting her in the weird corner. It's a hard life. She's tried to make herself the centre of attention with pony club gangsta rap. She's tried to impress people by adopting a personality pretence for every occasion. She's even tried creating a signature lavender look replete with kitten sound effects. Nothing works.

Poor put upon Estelle. Such a victim. Of herself.

It's a hard life.

I did hear she owns a land drover and 2 properties. She was asking George what she should do with one of her properties. Whatever happened, she's come out with some nice assets. For some reason BB doesn't want to show what the deal is with Estelle.

We don't have any details. Haters will hate.

From what I gather is, she is proud of where she ended up. Not a total wreck, got her life together. Went back and finished school after being a drop out and is now a law Student. I think people are taking her being proud of herself in a negative context.

Everyone's life is different. It's stupid when people sit there and try and judge their experiences or merit between them. As far as we know and what we've seen is. She's made reference to having a hard life at times. Other house mates then put a value judge on their life being harder and so it's something to complain about.

There was something a while back that I think even Bradley made mention to her saying she had a hard life, but then how come she rides horses ect? That gives me the impression she's never actually clarified what she means. So it could be anything, even the wrong use of words.

In an article about her - she says her mother was a freelance political writer for Time.

Oh gawd. I had the unfortunate experience of living in Moe for 2 months and I nearly necked myself, it was so boring and far from Melbourne! Having said that, there is certainly a high unemployment rate but also a wealthy set that resides there too. I'm guessing she's having a big whinge about nothing and has lead a fairly cushioned life. She's just turned, what 23/24? And she's travelled and partied in Europe and she studies at university and she claims to own 2 houses and she's a showjumper. I do know that kids that come from a life of poverty don't have access to horses nor can put competitive showjumping on their resumes. When she grows up a bit I imagine she'll look back at her ridiculous "pity-me" remarks and cringe... I should bloody hope so. I suspect her love of hip op and skating has coloured her adolescent views about what's cool and she wants to subscribe to the "I'm from the wrong side of the tracks" cliche, which is quite pompous and borgeouise (scuze spelling) of her and shows she has no fucking idea how repellent that is to youth who really have done it tough.
Rant over ;)

Well she comes from Morwell, Vic. Morwell/Moe I think has the highest unemployment in Vic.

If she was hanging around skate parks in Morwell it would be pretty rough going.

But then we have her riding in the Netherlands supposedly, how does that work? she's quite well spoken.

All we ever hear about anything is people talking about having talked about something -why do we never hear the real conversations?

I remember during the olympic horse events the commentators were talking about how some of the riders had rich patrons help them out. There were a couple that would have had no chance if someone hadn't stepped in and basically provide training, mentorship, accommodation and the horse. It's possible that someone decided she had some talent so took her on and helped get her life on track.

Estelle's had to go through her whole life dealing with people who don't get how much of a special little princess she is. It's a hard life. She does her best to explain to people that her biggest faults are that she pushes herself too much, won't stand for discussions about racism except on her terms and tries too hard to impress people how good she is, but nobody gets it.

Despite Estelle's best efforts to mark herself out as special, unique, different and better, people keep putting her in the weird corner. It's a hard life. She's tried to make herself the centre of attention with pony club gangsta rap. She's tried to impress people by adopting a personality pretence for every occasion. She's even tried creating a signature lavender look replete with kitten sound effects. Nothing works.

It's a hard life.

Sure is, I feel so sorry for Estelle..............................

I did hear she owns a land drover and 2 properties. She was asking George what she should do with one of her properties. Whatever happened, she's come out with some nice assets. For some reason BB doesn't want to show what the deal is with Estelle.

Also Bradley said that to Sam when he meet him in the Captain Quarters.

Perhaps her rich patron bought her a couple of houses, a car and shouted her a trip to Ibiza too? Rich patrons tend only to patronize athletes who will go to the Olympics or the Commonwealth games too. I doubt they'd patronize a a mid-level show-jumper or whatever she is.

I remember during the olympic horse events the commentators were talking about how some of the riders had rich patrons help them out. There were a couple that would have had no chance if someone hadn't stepped in and basically provide training, mentorship, accommodation and the horse. It's possible that someone decided she had some talent so took her on and helped get her life on track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I don't know many poor kids who by the age of 23 own an expensive car, have a property portfolio, competitive show jumping and world travel under their belts as well as study law at university. Hmmm, just duzn't quite add up. Lolz

Love it, you're very cheeky and quite a giggle supermonster. ;)

It's a hard life.

Hey Maddy, how do you get that picture of your cat to move it's paws? It's so damn cute and I'm a cat owner (read: slave) who is a luddite when it comes to technology and I'd love to know how to make that happen with pictures of my cats. Cheers babe ;)

Perhaps her rich patron bought her a couple of houses, a car and shouted her a trip to Ibiza too? Rich patrons tend only to patronize athletes who will go to the Olympics or the Commonwealth games too. I doubt they'd patronize a a mid-level show-jumper or whatever she is.

Then maybe she has family that is well off or came into an inheritance. Fact is we don't know. She may well be full of crap but just because someone is in a good place now doesn't mean their early years were a picnic. George also said his early life was very hard, yet now he's worth millions (on paper at least).

Do we know where the properties are? Unless they're right in the middle of a city, there are a lot of place a house and land can be picked up extremely cheap. How old is the Range Rover or what ever it is that she owns. You know you can pick up a second hand Jag for under $20k. Without details we really can't jump to conclusions.

Aww shucks mate, thanks. I'm a bit embarrassed to be ranting but hey, I'm stuck at home with broken ribs and have become a BB fanatic in the meantime! Eeek ;)

Hellzbellz I couldnt agree with all your points anymore

Back