Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Disney has no input into episode choice or direction or creative decisions, they are simply just giving money so they can have it on Disney+.

The BBC/Bad Wolf/RTD are still the sole creative directors
I keep seeing people say this, and while this may be the deal in principle …

As a complete aside can I just appreciate how amazing Jim Henson and his team were when you look at those goblin puppets and compare them to what is in Doctor who nearly 40 years later.
Yeah.
As a Doctor Who fan I can admit that the Jim Henson realisation was better.
I just don't know what they were thinking with these goblins and their song.

Do we miss the New Years episodes? 😝

Thank goodness the Christmas ones are back! I love Jodie, but have RTD back makes me realise how much better we have it now.

(Let’s see if my comments age well in May when Ncuti’s first season airs 🙊)

…I was going through some of my old files and found this… I don’t remember if I’ve posted this on here before and I can’t be arsed to go through 404 pages to see if I have… so here it is anyway… I got the animated Vortex off the Internet and thought “wouldn’t it be good to see a Tardis going through it” so I downloaded the sequence of a Tardis in the opening credits of Tennant’s show methinks going through its Vortex… then I used Photoshop to isolate the Tardis from the background of its Vortex and placed it into my Vortex frame by frame… it was so difficult to do but was also fun to do… anyway… here’s the end result… cheers.

IMG_2468.gif

…I was going through some of my old files and found this… I don’t remember if I’ve posted this on here before and I can’t be arsed to go through 404 pages to see if I have… so here it is anyway… I got the animated Vortex off the Internet and thought “wouldn’t it be good to see a Tardis going through it” so I downloaded the sequence of a Tardis in the opening credits of Tennant’s show methinks going through its Vortex… then I used Photoshop to isolate the Tardis from the background of its Vortex and placed it into my Vortex frame by frame… it was so difficult to do but was also fun to do… anyway… here’s the end result… cheers.

View attachment 62236
Yes I remember that.
Very clever.

…the first video is great… it shows so much that we might have missed in the Ruby Road episode…

…this second video contains spoilers about the first two episodes of this season so beware… I’m so looking forward to seeing the second episode… it’s going to blow my mind!…cheers.

…the first video is great… it shows so much that we might have missed in the Ruby Road episode…

…this second video contains spoilers about the first two episodes of this season so beware… I’m so looking forward to seeing the second episode… it’s going to blow my mind!…cheers.

Brilliant!
Thanks for that.

May 11th for us! I think… Does that mean we have it from 12.01am on May 11?
A lot of the British commenters are very unhappy about this…

I think it means it will be about 11am on Saturdays here when it drops online at midnight UK time.

Starting with 2 episodes on one night, before Eurovision.

And yes, some UK viewers are unhappy because they can't stay up until midnight, and we may see it before them for once (boo hoo :p )

I think it means it will be about 11am on Saturdays here when it drops online at midnight UK time.

Starting with 2 episodes on one night, before Eurovision.

And yes, some UK viewers are unhappy because they can't stay up until midnight, and we may see it before them for once (boo hoo :p )
Boo Hoo indeed!!

I’ll actually be in Europe when it comes out too. Better get my VPN ready!

…he’s bald… then he has an afro… he’s bald and then he has an afro… why am I not too invested in the new Doctor?… he seems too overly pumped up to me… is he trying to be all ‘showbizzy’ so that we all love him?… is he trying to ‘refresh’ the show by trying to do everything to the point that he’ll be tap dancing with a top hat and a cane soon?… it’s sad because they’ve announced that the new season is starting soon… before I’d be all hyped up and would wake up at any hour to watch it ‘Live’ with eager anticipation like an eager little school kid… but now?… I don’t really care… I’ll watch it… eventually I guess?… I’m not really bovvered… and I’m really pissed off with them for making me feel like that…

…plus… Disney having their finger in the pie is not going to end well in my eyes… they’re eventually going to want to ‘change’ it to suit them and them only… they can’t help themselves… it will be ‘Americanised’ eventually… it will no longer be ‘ours’ as we have always loved it… if I remember correctly… Torchwood had a few episodes to do with the USA and it was no longer on our screens anymore after that… please correct me if I haven’t got that right… I see dark clouds ahead with our beloved show… I’ll shut up now… cheers.

…he’s bald… then he has an afro… he’s bald and then he has an afro… why am I not too invested in the new Doctor?… he seems too overly pumped up to me… is he trying to be all ‘showbizzy’ so that we all love him?… is he trying to ‘refresh’ the show by trying to do everything to the point that he’ll be tap dancing with a top hat and a cane soon?… it’s sad because they’ve announced that the new season is starting soon… before I’d be all hyped up and would wake up at any hour to watch it ‘Live’ with eager anticipation like an eager little school kid… but now?… I don’t really care… I’ll watch it… eventually I guess?… I’m not really bovvered… and I’m really pissed off with them for making me feel like that…

…plus… Disney having their finger in the pie is not going to end well in my eyes… they’re eventually going to want to ‘change’ it to suit them and them only… they can’t help themselves… it will be ‘Americanised’ eventually… it will no longer be ‘ours’ as we have always loved it… if I remember correctly… Torchwood had a few episodes to do with the USA and it was no longer on our screens anymore after that… please correct me if I haven’t got that right… I see dark clouds ahead with our beloved show… I’ll shut up now… cheers.
Sorry you feel that way.
I think he makes a sensational Doctor and I'm incredibly excited for the new season.
As far as I recall you weren't happy about Jodie Whittaker's casting either, but came around a little bit eventually?
Hopefully this will be the same.

Back