Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

You only had four years of Trump. Adding to my suspicions you're not legit.
additionally if you are a MAGAt, they still believe that the 2020 election was stolen & look forward to the 2024 election where they hope to rescind the results thus providing them w/8 years of drumpf...
I always knew you were real, I'm not sure why you feel as you do, but you can always mute me...js
Pax vobiscum

To be fair it did feel like a bloody long four years of Trump the first time around!
thanks, Isee...
Drumpf & his MAGAts continue to think 2020 was stolen from them
& our Supreme Court is obviously compromised (Clarence & Gini Thomas in particular)
2024 (the long, drawn out campaign again grrrrrr) shall prove to be yet another rather unCivil War
That is why I especially appreciate this odd place to rant
& see opinions of other countries & their elections
Cheers
Nancy Pelosi speaking to Democrats

If Trump & Biden is all America has to offer in 2024, then sorry to say, you're fucked.
haha as I like to say Fucking is too good for you rather than Fuck you, but thanks very much rj
still there is a difference & still I vote & work for all democrats to win, the last good Republican I met was.....well, nevermind haha

De Santis is even worse. I hope some decent people put themselves up, but America's lurched to the right. Ugh.
Lurch is too kind a word, timmy! There is a microscopically small possibility that someone other that Drumpf & Biden are going to end up the choice November 2024. Anyone but Drumpf is still my favourite.

It truly is shocking how the escalating to world war 3 on multible fronts is going on and no one apparently cares.
Thomas Paine The American Crisis 1776 1783
These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman....
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

taking a breath from US Politics, literally
Just wanted to add this about #CanadaOnFire
As a nearly life long Californian, it's irritating to me that the US coverage seems to be centered on US horrific air quality & less on helping Canada fight the fire...

Last edited:
Any progress on this? Might be worth applying and ducking back over long enough to make it happen? Even if you both have to take turns?

We are pretty sure we can apply from here, as we still have a house there and paying tax in Australia so have a connection there. We are going to look into it in a few weeks time - at the moment my mum is in the hospital so that has been our priority.

We are pretty sure we can apply from here, as we still have a house there and paying tax in Australia so have a connection there. We are going to look into it in a few weeks time - at the moment my mum is in the hospital so that has been our priority.

Hope your Mum is doing ok, Isee!

Hope your Mum is doing ok, Isee!
She seems to be through the worst of it but recovery may still take a while. She had a melanoma cut out of her leg earlier this year and they did a skin graft but the skin graft did not take. For a few months it has been slowly heeling but covid must have lowered her defences and infection took over the wound, which in turn also effected her heart - atrial fibrillation. So lots of medication and monitoring to get right.

She seems to be through the worst of it but recovery may still take a while. She had a melanoma cut out of her leg earlier this year and they did a skin graft but the skin graft did not take. For a few months it has been slowly heeling but covid must have lowered her defences and infection took over the wound, which in turn also effected her heart - atrial fibrillation. So lots of medication and monitoring to get right.

Oh dear, what a struggle. Hope she is on the mend soon. x

Sending love & positive vibes your way!

Back