Skip to main content

David Appreciation Thread

I actually really like david I'm glad this thread exists I can tell he's sweet and has a good sense of humour idk why people don't like him? Because of the beard? Come on
I haven't seen much of him to decide if I like him or not.

@BigSisterEm from the little we've seen, was wondering which of the guys do you think he would get along with most?
Great question @GretelKruger. I've been asking myself the same question. Based on the tree house conversation with Sam and Sandra I'd say he'd be OK with Sam. David does really lame magic tricks so is probably keen to learn from Lawson. I think he'd appreciate Dion's commitment to fitness but probably wouldn't like it if Dion got all Judgy McJudge about enjoying a drink or two. I think on the whole he'd be ok with Jake but the deal breaker could be that lyrical rapping thing he does. Let's watch this space!

How long has he had that beard for? There was some suspicion here that he will probably be asked to shave it off in a challenge or task.
Hmmmm, yes, the polarising beard! David has been sporting a clean shaven beard for about two years. He went on a ski trip to Japan earlier this year and the growth of the beard built from there. I actually don't think he's that attached to it and part of the reason he kept it was because everyone kept telling him to get rid of it. But that's my take on it not his. We've said from the beginning that it may be subject to a challenge or task but my feeling is it will have to be for something amazing. Although, after a week of meal replacements, a hot dog probably seems amazing!

@BigSisterEm can you confirm that David is not the missing forum poster Camerashy1
Welcome to the forums
Well @wejoy, I haven't looked at any of Camerashy1's posts but if they were articulate, well thought out and spelt correctly it wouldn't have been David. hahaha. Sorry - sisterly dig there! I definitely can't confirm it was him but he's not a big social media/blogger kinda person so I'd say no.

Well @wejoy, I haven't looked at any of Camerashy1's posts but if they were articulate, well thought out and spelt correctly it wouldn't have been David. hahaha. Sorry - sisterly dig there! I definitely can't confirm it was him but he's not a big social media/blogger kinda person so I'd say no.
Thank you , I hope your brother makes you proud

@BigSisterEm it's great of you to give us more insight to David :)

Can I ask whether you knew David was going to apply for big brother and why he wanted to?

Btw he is my sweepa and @Jam's too. Which means we must support and hope he wins this series. He seems quite laid back and easy going- a nice guy. a lot of us have said he looks like Toby maguire- did you and the family think so too?

Great to see you on here :)

@BigSisterEm welcome to the forum. I'm a huge David supporter..yes yes I know there hasn't been much TV time on him but he won me over as soon as I saw him with those gorgeous eyes and cheeky smile plus I LOVE beards...I seem to be one of the few females here who does. LOL. I kind of stopped facebooking last year but will go check out the facebook page you started for your bro.

Go David!!!!!!!!

Great question @GretelKruger. I've been asking myself the same question. Based on the tree house conversation with Sam and Sandra I'd say he'd be OK with Sam. David does really lame magic tricks so is probably keen to learn from Lawson. I think he'd appreciate Dion's commitment to fitness but probably wouldn't like it if Dion got all Judgy McJudge about enjoying a drink or two. I think on the whole he'd be ok with Jake but the deal breaker could be that lyrical rapping thing he does. Let's watch this space!

Thanks - hope he gets his time to shine.

I don't get the beard hate on David. My hubs grew a beard this past summer, he's 41 and it was a huge achievement for him. He's had a goatee since 18 and three times a year he'd try to fill the beard in and just couldn't. He'd break once it itched and shave it off but this time he got past that with sheer determination and managed it. Meh you only live once and if you can't sport a glorious beard before you grey life ain't worth living.

We've not seen a great deal of him.

I actually really like david I'm glad this thread exists I can tell he's sweet and has a good sense of humour idk why people don't like him? Because of the beard? Come on
Thanks @Paprika. He is a good mix of sweet and salty - but I'm sure we'll get to see that in time! And yes, if people can't see past the beard it says more more about them than it does David.

@BigSisterEm it's great of you to give us more insight to David :)

Can I ask whether you knew David was going to apply for big brother and why he wanted to?

Btw he is my sweepa and @Jam's too. Which means we must support and hope he wins this series. He seems quite laid back and easy going- a nice guy. a lot of us have said he looks like Toby maguire- did you and the family think so too?

Great to see you on here :)
Thanks @Sweetgeek. I won't pretend to know all the inners workings of David but I'll try and give insight where I can.

I didn't even know David watched BB let alone auditioned! I've auditioned in the past and kept it very quiet so I'm not surprised he did also. He told me it was very last minute and I'm pretty sure the auditions were down the road from him so I think just convenience and opportunity presented.

He's been told by a lot of people in the past that he should go for it and so he did. I’m still not sure why BB picked him over me! Haha :)

Yeah the Tobey Maguire thing is a long bow but there are some photos from some angles were I can see it. It was Ejliah Woods once upon a time and then it morphed into Tobey Maguire. This is the photo I put up on his facebook page so you can see some similarities. The big bushy beard he has now makes it hard to see the doppelganger.

I hope he comes good for you in the sweeps!

Attachments

• Toby.JPG
    Toby.JPG
    398.9 KB · Views: 545
@BigSisterEm welcome to the forum. I'm a huge David supporter..yes yes I know there hasn't been much TV time on him but he won me over as soon as I saw him with those gorgeous eyes and cheeky smile plus I LOVE beards...I seem to be one of the few females here who does. LOL. I kind of stopped facebooking last year but will go check out the facebook page you started for your bro.

Go David!!!!!!!!
Thanks @MadVelvet. Yep check out the page. If the lack of David air time is too much for you, you should be able to get your fix from it!

Thanks @Sweetgeek. I won't pretend to know all the inners workings of David but I'll try and give insight where I can.

I didn't even know David watched BB let alone auditioned! I've auditioned in the past and kept it very quiet so I'm not surprised he did also. He told me it was very last minute and I'm pretty sure the auditions were down the road from him so I think just convenience and opportunity presented.

He's been told by a lot of people in the past that he should go for it and so he did. I’m still not sure why BB picked him over me! Haha :)

Yeah the Tobey Maguire thing is a long bow but there are some photos from some angles were I can see it. It was Ejliah Woods once upon a time and then it morphed into Tobey Maguire. This is the photo I put up on his facebook page so you can see some similarities. The big bushy beard he has now makes it hard to see the doppelganger.

I hope he comes good for you in the sweeps!
He has warm eyes and a kind face.

Thank you :)

Back