Skip to main content

CONFIRMED: Emma Willis replaces Brian as BBUK host

I don't get the lack of promotion for this season... I can't remember the timeline for last year but it does seem like we get less for the summer series than we do for the summer series...

5 second promo shown today on Channel 5:
[video=youtube;-OOxQCbeL8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-OOxQCbeL8M[/video]

Seriously though, we still don't know the launch date but we knew the launch date for BBCAN at least 6 weeks in advance, do they usually wait this long to reveal when it's starting? (I only started watching BBUK last year so I'm unsure)

The launch date is never confirmed until the schedules are released around two weeks before - but there is nothing to speculate about as it'll start in exactly the same week almost all series have since BB9.

The launch date is never confirmed until the schedules are released around two weeks before - but there is nothing to speculate about as it'll start in exactly the same week almost all series have since BB9.

I agree but as far as promotion goes I think starting with announcing the start date like they do in the North American series is the best way to start... Followed with advertising... I mean as lame as the US ads are we are still about 6 weeks away front he start of the series and they are already hyping the upcoming series... All that being said the US series starts 20 days after the UK and we've known for months exactly when the series starts and while it may have only been rumour until recently that the series would be longer and would have more HG's than previous series... I don't understand why the UK series isn't beefing up the promotion especially given the dwindling numbers in recent years... It's a solid campaign but I can't help but think that ratings could be slightly higher if we had more to discuss and speculate about over a longer period of time...

The difference is CBS have the big programmes having their season finale where playing a BB ad six weeks in advance gets peoples attention. C5 haven't got a show that is even close to the (relatively poor) ratings that BBUK now has, so they can play adds out six months in advance and people won't really see them.

The difference is CBS have the big programmes having their season finale where playing a BB ad six weeks in advance gets peoples attention. C5 haven't got a show that is even close to the (relatively poor) ratings that BBUK now has, so they can play adds out six months in advance and people won't really see them.

Ok that's understandable...

Back