Skip to main content

BBUSA: Over the Top - online series on CBS All Access

The 'Late Night Jamboree' are full of crap, talking about being more honest or whatever. Glad Shane went but Kryssie is a really annoying crybaby. Then Jason is just a snake.

Looking at eviction interview, Shane full of himself saying he thought 'America' had his back. That's a problem with the public vote element you will get this kind of arrogance.

You get that kind of arrogance without it too, but it's a new twist to the BBUSA game - trying to convince people that you have Americas support so if you vote me out America won't be voting for you to win. It's probably why Jason is still there at the moment, though they all know he has to go sooner rather than later.

It's also been confirmed this week that America will vote on the final three rather than a final two, so there will be no final 3 HoH comp.

I'm not sure if there's a full story with the dog. I knew a dog a few years back that died because it couldn't keep food in or eat, it's a condition and there's no treatment for it. So it could be that, or something else, but it's speculation. Much prefer things decided by what happens in the house that outside speculation.

That also comes back to the Late Night Jamboree. I remember Shane is in interview said they were split from the others because they wouldn't open up about their lives that much. Then he admitted that on a show some people might rightly not want to do that.

I like Survivor more because of the tribes and switching element, it means you don't get alliances that last long and it's more about strategy and the individual game. It can get quite shallow otherwise, and there can be more chance to float by. This is why you get the rather stereotypical descriptions for this like 'plastics'.

I'm not sure if there's a full story with the dog. I knew a dog a few years back that died because it couldn't keep food in or eat, it's a condition and there's no treatment for it. So it could be that, or something else, but it's speculation. Much prefer things decided by what happens in the house that outside speculation.

That also comes back to the Late Night Jamboree. I remember Shane is in interview said they were split from the others because they wouldn't open up about their lives that much. Then he admitted that on a show some people might rightly not want to do that.

I like Survivor more because of the tribes and switching element, it means you don't get alliances that last long and it's more about strategy and the individual game. It can get quite shallow otherwise, and there can be more chance to float by. This is why you get the rather stereotypical descriptions for this like 'plastics'.
Chrissy said "So the vet gave you all that stuff to give her?" and she said no,she never even took the puppy to the vet,
totally irresponsible of her.The dog that you knew probably had parvo,it attacks the intestines and they cant keep food down..a friend
of mines dog just died from this,vet did everything they could to save her but she ended up dying

I was told it was something to do with the dog's brain telling it that it can't eat, so maybe it was different to that.

Whenever Danielle leaves I'm sure she'll give a fuller explanation which may or may not satisfy. I think she said it was getting better or something, and that did happen with the dog I knew, but then it suddenly got worse and died, could be the same with hers (I thought she said she left it with someone when it seemed better).

A bit behind with this at the moment but still following through the live feed updates and it still seems to be rather well received with a classic group vs group set up, actually helped both by the power shifting regularly and also be America getting it's say as well, meaning things often don't go the way of the HoH. Indeed so far 4 of the 5 evictees have been the viewers nominee.

This series also gives me the small glimmer of hope that Americans can be trusted to vote. So fingers crossed for tomorrow.

So the housemates got the news of who won the Presidential Election this week, and it's made the news in the UK.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-11-11/...-shock-to-news-of-donald-trumps-election-win/

Not sure if the vid in that article will work so here is a lower quality but longer clip which actually has some quite interesting views from Danielle especially which hit the nail on the head:

I also think all future elections should be announced by Big Brother hosts.

So the housemates got the news of who won the Presidential Election this week, and it's made the news in the UK.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-11-11/...-shock-to-news-of-donald-trumps-election-win/

Not sure if the vid in that article will work so here is a lower quality but longer clip which actually has some quite interesting views from Danielle especially which hit the nail on the head:

I also think all future elections should be announced by Big Brother hosts.
Disappointed that Julie didn't announce it by saying "by a vote of 306 electoral votes to 232..." tbh. REFERENCE YOUR OWN SHOW DAMMIT.

The strategic BB solid group v solid group dynamic I never find that great. I like Survivor more where switches mean people have to play a game and can't just float. It can also feel very petty on Big Brother as well, and bringing back Da'Vonne and now Jason to represent their earlier season annoys me so much, they are so hypocritical and petty, and passive aggressive. And in this one we have this appeal to the public from people like Kryssie and now Danielle that they are playing an honest and loyal game which reminds me of the stuff fed to us in Australian Survivor.

Because of the lack of gameplay it tends to be just about who wins HoH. That's why they have been trying to stir it up more and more with adding a public vote element. Though it's felt very haphazard for at least this and last season. They seem frightened of the public and 'give them what they want', another phrase from Danielle I think. Jason was a target early on but some of them have seemed afraid of targeting him since. Putting a past contestant (with some past support) on a public vote version with newbies was very stupid.

Disappointed that Julie didn't announce it by saying "by a vote of 306 electoral votes to 232..." tbh. REFERENCE YOUR OWN SHOW DAMMIT.
She did in the unedited clip - she very much did it Chenbot style. Talking of which now the door is open for reality stars, President Chenbot 2020 anybody?

Is anybody who is an OS fan watching this? I see "episodes" and when I watch them I just FF through... I'm sure the contestants are getting their jollies but it seems very ... hmmm ... panty-waisted.

The episodes and updates for this are surprisingly censored for an online version, Jason's horribleness completely whitewashed.

He's very likely won it now, as bad a winner as Ben from BBAU9. Shelby was another legend like Estelle who got beaten by a bitchy gay guy. Up against the odds but nearly made it.

Her cold shouldering of Jason on exiting was brilliant, put him in his place.

Does seem like it's Jason's to lose now which is a huge shame as he really was outshone by a few others this season. Justin would have had a chance had it been called a few weeks ago but I think even if he makes final three now he's not going to win it. Kryssie might surprise us I suppose, while Morgan benefits from being the only one from that side of the house left but would be a poor winner IMO.

Overall though an excellent season.

Morgan's social game wasn't bad and in a public vote it wouldn't be surprising if she was thought more likeable than the other two. Jason just has the advantage of having already been known and having a big twitter following. Morgan winning wouldn't be a bad result of those 3 left, she doesn't have the deluded arrogance of Kryssie.

I am glad that Morgan won,Jason was a nasty little shit and Kristy just delusional

Only got round to watching and although I'm glad we got the surprise result I don't think Morgan is that great a winner. Clearly benefited from being the only one from her side of the house in the final 3.

On the whole though a brilliant series and though I'd be surprised if they do it again (it'll be purely a financial decision I'm sure) it's been worthwhile for giving them a place to try a few things, though I think the jury is probably still out on whether having America nominate etc. worked - the US fans are purists of their own format and don't tend to like the public influencing things too much. Personally I like America having a nominee and how they often went against the HoH.

Only got round to watching and although I'm glad we got the surprise result I don't think Morgan is that great a winner. Clearly benefited from being the only one from her side of the house in the final 3.

On the whole though a brilliant series and though I'd be surprised if they do it again (it'll be purely a financial decision I'm sure) it's been worthwhile for giving them a place to try a few things, though I think the jury is probably still out on whether having America nominate etc. worked - the US fans are purists of their own format and don't tend to like the public influencing things too much. Personally I like America having a nominee and how they often went against the HoH.

No Morgan didn'tbenefit from being the only one on her side as Chrissy got no votes, maybe her mom. She certainly didn't take any votes from Jason.

Huge issue here was a vile things that Jason said repeatedly about the women on the show which I don't want to quote because they're so rudeand the biological warfare he waged against them by means I don't even want to describe here.

I think Jason would've been removed from BBUK from his behavior and definitely warned by BB Australia. there's some controversy about it but it's too tedious for me to get into. Let's just say he repeating called women names that any decent guy would be embarrassed and ashamed to say and repeatedly called them out saying they gave sexual favors to production and that's why they were succeeding. It was just really disgusting. The shows were, like all other shows in big brother, incredibly edited to hide his terrible behavior.

Jason had a huge advantage going into the game as a known player with something like 70,000 Twitter followers. He lost his popularity by his behavior and nothing else.

As it was the vote was very close and Morgan won by about 20,000 votes.

I don't like the public having a nominee, makes the HoH pointless at times. And I don't agree that the audience are against public involvement, it's been gradually re-introduced into their format. The Jury voting the winner is weaker in this format as the live feed audience are bound to have more of a perspective than people sequestered somewhere.

The UK version may have booted Jason for threatening remarks, but sexual comments have been allowed (Conner for example with Deana) and unlike the US version the more extreme ones shown in the highlights (broadcast as well not simply online like this one).

Back