Skip to main content

BBUSA 14 - Episode discussion thread

Your not seriously defending that whole atrocity?

To take two housemates outside (appears to be without microphones) and just a camera team to interact with possible fans (and each other) is bad for the game. The last Celebrity BB had an outside excursion where off camera revelations created an argument back in the house.

The whole scenario wasn't a reward either, it was 5 minute ad for Kellogg’s Corn Flakes. It had nothing to do with Big Brother, everyone was feigning excitement and either group seemed to have little interest in each other. I’m sure there is someone that loves Big Brother and gymnastics and this is a dream come true for them but for the rest of us it stunk.

Because BBUSA is basically a pure strategy game, outside influences are even more detrimental to the game. That's why intruders wouldn't work and that's why interacting with the general public should be a no no. That includes all the posing and fawning over each other for PR shots.

I can assure you that any interactions with people they had outside the house were closely monitored... Shane was given the trip for winning the veto that week so it was a reward or prize if you will... I'm not defending the tackiness of it but these "trips" have been a part of the series since it launched and none of them have ever had an effect on the game whatsoever... On the other hand the banner planes that flew over the house did and houseguests were inside the house...

Dan really controlling this season then and Danielle so, so, stupid. Her face was priceless.

Attachments

• bb142012-9-13-18-46-18.jpg
    bb142012-9-13-18-46-18.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Dan really controlling this season then and Danielle so, so, stupid. Her face was priceless.

I'd say he's one of the smarter players in BB History but certainly not the ultimate... I really wish Jun (BB4) would come back at some point... IMO she's probably the most underrated players of all times and you rarely hear her brought in to conversations... She's on twitter and always has something to say about BB.

Dan totally deserves the win this year. But I have something inside of me hoping that doesn't happen.

At this point I want an Ian/Dan final two. And I'll actually be OK with either of them winning.

I really don't understand Dan's move, doesn't Ian pose as best chance of winning? Shane won a few times at the start but along with Daniele has been a shrinking violet ever since.

Last edited:
I really don't understand Dan's move, doesn't Ian pose as best chance of winning? Shane won a few times at the start but along with Daniele has been a shrinking violet ever since.

If either of them win HoH it would be more beneficial to take Danielle with either of them to the F2 as they've both played a better game...

I'd say he's one of the smarter players in BB History but certainly not the ultimate... I really wish Jun (BB4) would come back at some point... IMO she's probably the most underrated players of all times and you rarely hear her brought in to conversations... She's on twitter and always has something to say about BB.
At the time it was very much "Jun who?" when she won BB4 but rewatching it earlier this year with the knowledge she won she pretty much pulled a blinder, though I wouldn't say she's one of BB's ultimate players myself, but is definately underrated.

At the time it was very much "Jun who?" when she won BB4 but rewatching it earlier this year with the knowledge she won she pretty much pulled a blinder, though I wouldn't say she's one of BB's ultimate players myself, but is definately underrated.

I wasn't implying that she was one of the greats but she's certainly underrated... In fact for the longest time I thought that season was one of the worst but looking back it was actually pretty decent compared to some of the more recent garbage... The series was all over the place; the balance of power shifted quite a bit and alliances changed and shifted. The veto also really played a pivotal role vs BB3 where it remained basically unused... Allison's another player I'm not sure gets much credit although she's played much more of a "dirty" game...

I'm happy with the winner! I just can't help feel that Dan overplayed it toward the end and should have evicted Ian when he had the chance.

How good is the US version of BB compared to the Australian one? I'd like a lot of drama and twists from BB.

How good is the US version of BB compared to the Australian one? I'd like a lot of drama and twists from BB.

It's a very different format to Australian & UK versions. It's very survivor-like as there's no public voting and housemate strategy and backstabbing come to the forefront. I didn't think much of it at first, but it grows on you and a refreshing alternative. There are moments of high tension and unpredictability that make it fun. But I still prefer the normal format!

Great final - and rather unexpectedly for BBUSA quite funny thoughout. It's the best BB final I've seen in quite sometime.

I absolutely agree zac that Dan overplayed his card with evicting Shane. OK, there was a risk Shane would have evicted him, but ultimately I think Shane would have stuck with their final three deal and evicted Ian as the biggest threat in the final rounds of HoH. I'm sure if Shane had won HoH he'd have honoured his final two deal with Danielle, but to be honest I don't think he would have won the final round. Had Dan reached the final two by either winning HoH or Danielle choosing him I think he'd have won it (and I think Danielle would have chosen Dan over Shane).

Happy for Ian though - a deserved victory.

Yeah. Dan played a really good game, but as he blindsided so many people, the Jury House held a grudge against him. He played a better game, but Ian played a safer game.

A butthurt jury will always ensure they'll vote for the other guy... It really doesn't matter who it is...

I was just reading the jury weren't allowed to watch the show. Didn't they watch it in previous seasons?

I was just reading the jury weren't allowed to watch the show. Didn't they watch it in previous seasons?
they didnt start jury til season 4. in BB3 they saw the DR of Danielle ripping on everyone and they stuck it to her and she was robbed of the win. its only been 2-3 times the better player didnt win imo cause of a butthurt jury. Ian or Dan winning was fine with me but i thought Dan should of won. yea jury is a big thang not to piss off but luckily in most cases on BBUS they arent butthurt. at least not the majority of the jurors. i can understand being bitter but you got played. own fault.

I'm not sure about recent years but I know in the beginning the members of the jury would watch highlights from the house with DR sessions edited out...

they didnt start jury til season 4. in BB3 they saw the DR of Danielle ripping on everyone and they stuck it to her and she was robbed of the win. its only been 2-3 times the better player didnt win imo cause of a butthurt jury. Ian or Dan winning was fine with me but i thought Dan should of won. yea jury is a big thang not to piss off but luckily in most cases on BBUS they arent butthurt. at least not the majority of the jurors. i can understand being bitter but you got played. own fault.

I disagree... BB is much more of a social game than Survivor. It's one thing to stab people in the back but you also need to take into account that some of the people who you do that to are going to choose who wins in the end. It's such a fine line that you have to walk when you play the game like Dan did... Unfortunately he lacked the charisma Will Kirby had...

I wouldn't say Danielle was ROBBED either... She knew exactly what she was getting in to... She knew the people she was bad mouthing would at some point be able to watch the show before casting their vote at the end... Lisa also wasn't such a bad player either and unlike Danielle she was a physical competitor... Instead of voting to bring back her showmance she was smart enough to bring back the easy target. In the following HoH she could have easily stayed in the tub and possibly won but instead got out knowing she didn't want the power just yet... Amy also wasn't going to give up a chance to win HoH and send Chiara packing which is what needed to happen... I went back and watched some clips of that episode and Lisa said she knew she had to remain "innocent".

She played much more of a social game vs Danielle who pretty much stuck to Jason and didn't care about anyone else. It's also not as if Lisa was completely unnoticed throughout the season unlike someone like Maggie... I'm also certain that even if a jury had been used Danielle's mouth still would have gotten her in to trouble... She got in to several arguments throughout the series and had a fierce temper....

Lisa is one of only three winners that have managed to escape the curse of the 1st HoH... Like Rachel (BB12/13) and Hayden, Lisa also went on to win the final HoH and eventually won their respective seasons... Outside of those three winners there have been 2 others 1st HoH's that have made it to the Final 3 but never made it to the final 2 and those were Janelle and Jerry. Rachel (BB6) is the next highest place finisher having finished 8th in her season and was the 2nd member of the jury. Lisa's claim to this title was not matched for 8 seasons with Janelle being the closest to actually matching her as Jerry was never a contender. That being said Janelle's HoH win in season 7 was shared with Jase who was the 3rd to leave the house that season.

Last edited:
It's a very different format to Australian & UK versions. It's very survivor-like as there's no public voting and housemate strategy and backstabbing come to the forefront. I didn't think much of it at first, but it grows on you and a refreshing alternative. There are moments of high tension and unpredictability that make it fun. But I still prefer the normal format!

I just started the first episode of the fourteenth season of BBUS. I like the whole idea of no public voting (for viewing purposes though, wouldn't want that in BBAU) and their casting seems to be a lot more diverse then ours.

Back