Skip to main content

BBUS Pre-Season

Kingston

Canadian Royalty
It's still a bit early but I came across an interesting piece of information while creeping the BBQ today...

It looks like CBS is ditching Real Player SuperPass as their live feed partner... The live feeds starting with season 15 will be the sole responsibility of CBS.COM... As CBS has always been the ones controlling what content from the house is and isn't seen, there should be no worry that the switch will increase the times that the feed is blacked out...

There is no word on whether or not the new CBS.COM live feed will carry the same types of subscription fees or whether they will offer the same features and content offered by SuperPass...

What was stressed is CBS.COM's commitment to the fans that the live feed is still seen as an integral part of the show...

That being said the BB content on CBS.COM such as past episodes or other clips have always been restricted to US ip-addresses... It is still unknown whether or not the switch will affect viewers outside of the US...

bb15-live-feeds-cbs.jpg

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-15-live-feeds-cbs-votes-to-evict-superpass/

This is all very interesting to say the least... I'm still intrigued as to why the season has been extended and exactly how it will influence the series...

I know Robyn Kass has been pimping the auditions on twitter for some time, so it's unlikely BB15 will be a second round of All-Stars... That being said with 3 of the past 5 season featuring returning former players I hope all the HG's are unknowns...

While the change in how the live feed is delivered may not be significant, I'm hoping that it is a sign that there are more fundamental changes in store to some of the other BBUS institutions...

It should also be noted that BBNetwork says that the broadcast episodes will air Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for BB15... This should be interesting in terms of the live feeds, but as someone who generally only watches the CBS show, I preferred the old schedule with episodes evenly spaced throughout the week... Back to back PoV/Eviction episodes really don't give much time to digest what has just happened and IMO has lead to the show becoming even more predictable...

Still no word on the Wikipedia rumor that says BB15 will be filmed in HD...

Last edited:
I do think this will almost certain see the feeds geo restricted to the US and possibly Canada. I agree the schedule isn't great - would be better if the Sunday episode is on Friday as at least that would be relatively up to date. They'll almost certainly have the Food comp and nominations on Thursday and the Veto comp on Friday, so everything is just so out of date by the time it airs.

I do think this will almost certain see the feeds geo restricted to the US and possibly Canada. I agree the schedule isn't great - would be better if the Sunday episode is on Friday as at least that would be relatively up to date. They'll almost certainly have the Food comp and nominations on Thursday and the Veto comp on Friday, so everything is just so out of date by the time it airs.

I love the mentality that US fans have, I read a few comments on the article and people are under the impression that as long as there is a subscription fee, there will be no geo-restrictions... They are also under the impression that the live feed is a "major" source of revenue...

As BB US still remains a popular summer series and it airs on a Canadian network simultaneously, I can't see the live feeds not being available here... However I have no doubts that they will be restricted everywhere else... I think it would be great if the US producers took a page from BB Canada and made the live feed free...

As for the scheduling I'm hoping they keep the same in house scheduling... Or at least for nominations... A day between the eviction and the nomination ceremony could be interesting... I agree though that the PoV and PoV ceremony could be held closer to the days they air... I know that in the BB Canada house, from Monday until Thursday's eviction there is essentially nothing going on in the house... In the US especially the live feed viewers know exactly how the week will end for days before it happens...

Last edited:
CBS have confirmed details on the live feeds - much the same as before, except in news that surprises nobody the feeds will be restricted to US viewers.

https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/...rother&referer=bigbrother.com&data=&cfs=SFS_3

WOW! Going to be a lot of upset Canadians... However this really isn't that big of an issue as long as they haven't found a way to block VPN services... I'm also surprised that they'd be blocking Canada as BB is slightly more popular here than it is in the US...

[MENTION=11956]markie_mark23[/MENTION] The US live feeds have ALWAYS been available to Canadians but are now restricted to US residents or US territories only... Despite being a subscription service... If this isn't a significant indication of what would happen if BBAU brought back the live feed service, I don't know what is...

Last edited:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10zzmb_bb15-tour-with-julie_travel

ET house tour is out. I have to say, I usually get really annoyed that we always have the same house layout. But I like the design they used this year. It looks like there are at least some minor changes, like the kitchen.

16 houseguests this year, all new houseguests but 1 will be familiar to viewers. No nominations chairs - this ties into this year's twist.

The twist this year has America affecting nominations. Julie says that before the game begins America will be asked to do something that will affect nominations. Popular theory is HoH picks 2, America picks 1. This would explain the nomination couch. But who knows.

Side-note: It's funny to see people on BBUSA forums getting mad out about America having power. Granted, we don't even really know what the actual twist will be. But I love anything that gives our Big Brother more viewer input.

rumours are that the 'familiar houseguest' will be a relative of one of a previous HG, or a former "Survivor" contestant...

Shame they haven't revamped the layout but it looks good at least - and the bedrooms seem a bit bigger. Twist will be interesting - not immediately obvious how that might play out considering it's before rather than after the nominations.

I hate that as soon as something involving the public influencing "the game" comes up everyone seems to think things will erupt in to a popularity contest... And I'm really getting sick of the hardcore fans slamming BBCAN like it was some sort of abomination...

I'm glad Julie took the time to point out that the couch set up had to do with the twist... That being said I don't think it will really be anything major... I have a feeling that we will rank the HG's each week and the HG with the lowest ranking will be thrown up on the block... Grodner & Co seem stupid enough to believe that this will make it a no floater summer but in reality I don't think it will really impact strategy or voting... Some how I don't think putting a "floater" or a quieter player up against two people that the HoH sees as a threat will suddenly change the house vote...

Grodner would never get rid of one of her competitions unless she has a viable replacement so dumping the PoV in favor of a public vote is never going to happen...

I also think because US viewers have been bought up on competitive reality shows that they will probably be much smarter with their voting and certainly look on gameplay as a favourable attribute rather than a negative as viewers of other Big Brother's may do.

My only complaint is it looks like this twist will be revealed early each week, meaning the HGs will still know pretty much how each week will pan out. As I've said before I think a good twist would be to use America's Vote only to decide a replacement nominee if the Veto is used, giving the Veto much more random consequences and meaning the HGs don't know who is up for eviction until moments before the vote.

So confirmation today they'll be three nominees each week and a weekly "MVP" chosen by the viewers who will have some kind of secret power. Also looks like they've completely revamped the front of the house, but still no word on a long overdue switch to HD (BB is the only show in America not in HD!)

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/big_brother_15/2013_Jun_19_twists
http://www.bbspy.co.uk/usa/news/061...ouse-pictures-nominations-mvp-twists-revealed

Hmmm... It should be interesting to see how this plays out and with three nominees it sounds like either the MVP will either replace the veto, giving the MVP the power to remove one person from the block or the veto completion will give someone the power to remove a nominee without a replacement...

It does seem a bit odd that Grodner seems to be breaking one of her golden rules that the HoH is the ultimate power... That being said we all know that is often not the case...

Someone on the BBQ brought up an interesting point, that with MVP voting opening tomorrow, we are essentially voting to give someone a power without knowing what the power is...

Last edited:
Cast reveal today... I can't be bothered posting them... I also can't say that there's really anyone I'm excited about a single one of them... Nothing exciting about the familiar face Julie was teasing... It's Rachel Rilley's sister... Unless the twist is compelling I doubt I'll watch more than the first episode...

Cast seems pretty much the same old same old. Good interview with Julie here though, and loving the front of the house:
[youtubevid]pppQRQXbzaw[/youtubevid]

Cast seems pretty much the same old same old. Good interview with Julie here though, and loving the front of the house:
[youtubevid]pppQRQXbzaw[/youtubevid]

It's really too bad they haven't revamped the inside of the house to match... 10 seasons now of the same floor plan!!! I think out of any season this should have been the season to make a change... After next series they will have doubled the life of the old house, and even then they attempted to make structural changes towards the end of it's run...

It's really too bad they haven't revamped the inside of the house to match... 10 seasons now of the same floor plan!!! I think out of any season this should have been the season to make a change... After next series they will have doubled the life of the old house, and even then they attempted to make structural changes towards the end of it's run...

i spose the current layout flows, and they can rely on themes to get them through to keep it somewhat fresh.

might also be something to do with CBS having a thing for familiarity.

Back