Skip to main content

Episode BBAU 2022 - Episode 30 Discussion (11 July, 7.30pm)

Seven's next move...

• An all newbie season

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • An all OG season

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Another mixed OG & Newbie season

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • An OGs vs 7Stars season

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • A 7Stars & Newbies season

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Live, actual Big Brother

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • An all Sonia season

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • The axe

Votes: 28 34.6%

• Total voters
I was a bit busy cooking dinner and didn't log back in... but I see Melore & Sticky have posted about it :cool:

Sticky suggested we get back in here whilst its on and give our usual rundown of what they are doing & how they're playing... I'm in :biggrin:
Million dollar island. Will go track it down!

Nothing coming up in search yet. On the TV.
But Google says 2023.
I thought it was coming soon!

Last edited:
Fuck.....I might actually apply for this.
I wish I was younger, I might be interested... But these days just going outside to the bin at night gives me the heeby jeebies... Too cold, dark and there's creepy crawlies everywhere... I might live in the bush but I don't venture into it at night... So stuff going to some island where I might have to rough it or sleep in anything but a warm queen sized bed...

Anyway I have more fun watching these shows at home & yelling at the TV on what they should have done etc... & writing a few paragraphs on here about how daft they is :biggrin:

How are you extrapolating that?
Otherwise the whole wristband thing would pointless? If someone is just going to win the whole million at the end there would be no reason or strategy in who you give your wristband to when you leave??

Or am I reading this wrong?

I'm guessing they were referring to Heartbreak Island. It's a format from NZ that was created in 2018 when TVNZ wanted to cash in on the popularity of Love Island without splashing out the money for the rights. However it's not actually an Australian production, it's actually the third season of the NZ show which has cast people from AU/NZ/UK/US. Seven have merely just picked up the rights to distribute it in Australia (and rebrand it apparently).
How the hell is this show getting a third season? I couldn't get through season 1, that Harry dickhead who went on to be on season 1 of too hot to handle was unbearable and then when the boys bullied and slutshamed that new arrival it was just too much for me.

Otherwise the whole wristband thing would pointless? If someone is just going to win the whole million at the end there would be no reason or strategy in who you give your wristband to when you leave??

Or am I reading this wrong?
Perhaps you're right. IMDB summary seems to back up there isn't one winner. I suppose I could google up the outcome of the Dutch version.

In Million Dollar Island the contestants have to survive on a deserted island for sixty days, together with 99 others. Who will play the game smart and make it to the final? And who will have enough perseverance and strategic insight to survive 2 months and be in with a chance of winning a share of the million?

oh so its kinda like Survivor. I was reminded of that one they did a couple years back (was it like 2015 or something) where they had challenges (like BB does now) and they got to 'dig up' squares of sand for 'Keys' to a treasure chest in the finale that could contain all the moneyyyy. They had vote outs too to send people home. That Shura guy hosted it IIRC (that did the Mole and the last season of X Factor)

Back