Skip to main content

BB15 UK - The House

Geez that's the first time I've seen what surrounds the house. It's in an industrial estate! Random.

@Consuela That, or something more retail-y, could be the BBAU house surrounds in a few years... :yuck:

I like how ours is isolated, adds to the whole BB philosophy IMO. However I guess we're rather spoilt with our wide open spaces so I understand especially with the UK that it can't really be anywhere but in suburbia.

It's actually Elstree Film & TV Studios which surrounds it, though there is a supermarket just across from the back of the garden. The big building in view is where the studio used to be in the C4 days.

The land by the BB house has been cleared since the last series in preparation for expansion by Elstree - they hope to build new studio space there.

Yeah we are spoilt with our isolated house. So funny but wrong when the UK public call out to the housemates or throw things over the walls. Although the best/worst message from outside was Maisy's dad hiring a plane with a sign to fly over and tell her to be good, but that could happen anywhere.

It's amazing how many BB houses are actually in quite built up areas. Many are on studio lots so they're not exactly in residential areas but they're hardly isolated.

It's amazing how many BB houses are actually in quite built up areas. Many are on studio lots so they're not exactly in residential areas but they're hardly isolated.
I couldn't get over how BBCAN house is basically ALL indoors - only place they could see the sky was out where the hottub was ... yuk :S
mind you I DO get a bit sick & tired of all the sunbaking in BBAU - eyecandy or no eyecandy ... it gets a bit hohum after a while!

I couldn't get over how BBCAN house is basically ALL indoors - only place they could see the sky was out where the hottub was ... yuk :S
mind you I DO get a bit sick & tired of all the sunbaking in BBAU - eyecandy or no eyecandy ... it gets a bit hohum after a while!

I can't get over why this is still brought up all the time... It has been explained time and time again why the BBCAN house is constructed the way it is... That said most Canadians are used to spending around 4 to 5 months of the year with little sunlight and will spend the vast majority of said months indoors away from the cold...Milder days can be spent outside and most are but can sometimes be few and far between...

During the work week most Canadians are at work during daylight hours... Where I live the sun is usually just rising as I wake up to be at school for 8 and would usually set between 5:00 to 5:30... The plus side we enjoy extended hours of sunlight in the late spring/early summer... The sun will typically rise around 5:00 in the morning and usually sets between 10:30 and 11:00 at night...

BBCAN HG's are lucky to even have an outdoor space at all... Loft Story was shot from September through December and the house was completely enclosed... Typically snow will fall anytime from the beginning of October to early November and typically late November through to early February are the harshest conditions... However that's not to say the weather doesn't deviate... We had snow fall in early May this year...

Conditions are just not favorable for an extended outdoor space despite BBCAN being filmed in months that are known for typically milder weather conditions...

Here's a video I shot for some friends in December... It was our first major snow storm of the year where the temperature was around -35... Factoring in wind chill and it was somewhere in the 40's for approximately 6 to 7 days... We had a fairly harsh winter so this wasn't the only time we experienced bad weather...

View My Video

Last edited:
Kingston - I don't see why I have to explain myself AGAIN but this was my FIRST BBCan experience - I wasn't around for BBCan1 ... (I just borrowed your OWN tone there btw)

I was merely COMMENTING on it not asking WHY - because for me as a Kiwi-born Australian living for so long mostly indoors is unthinkable and not being able to see the sky would be unbearable - its not like they can gaze out a window and see the sky ... the only place they get to do so is in the hottub area ... so for me I think I'd truly end up with cabin fever & bouncing off walls even though I am not one to sit out in the sun for hours on end anyway (I've had enough chunks taken out of me due to skin cancer)

I realise Canadians have to live differently - I'm not completely thick! I have met a few really lovely Canadian online friends over the years - one in particular lives in Goose Bay and has sent me photos of a polar bear trap ... these differences in our lives have always been the things I enjoyed talking with them about ...

I'm sorry if my COMMENT rubbed you up the wrong way - our lives and how we live them are different ... but please - lighten up on me - I'm a bit of a wide-eyed innocent when it comes to BBCan ok? and sometimes I ask stupid questions ... I'm actually thankful to have someone like you to learn from

We don't get snow here in the 'burbs of Sydney ... maybe once or twice in the midst of Winter we might get it up in the Blue Mountains but to get to actual snowfields for skiing my family drives around 5-6 hours to Jindabyne - about 450kms away

So watching your video at first its tempting to go "ohhh pretty ... snowwwww" but then I remember my US and Canadian friends always sigh when the first snow arrives because its time to bring out the shovels, the snowblowers and the coats and boots ... so I've learnt its not just pretty its a LOT of hard work ;)

Tellymix has posted the first overhead shots of the house. I used to get excited about such things a few years ago, but not too much revealed here - it's essentially the same garden as last year but with the tree house removed and the pool put in the circular area.

http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/bi...4-first-pictures-of-the-house-from-above.html
it really looks cramped in that outdoor area doesn't it ... and they have people throwing things over the fence?! nuts!

I've never watched a full season of an international BB. But I'm going to try with this season of BBUk. The ads have me interested and the house looks cool.

I love it! The House looks great, feels a lot less cluttered than last year's and the celeb house. Got a futuristic dystopian dictator type feel.

Also am I imagining it or is the spa a bit larger?

I don't like how the house layout hasn't really changed at all but the decor is interesting compared to our AUS houses. Also, is it just me or does everyone else feel like the bathroom in Channel 5 series always looks a bit similar. Saying that though, the garden and the bathroom are my favourite areas of the house. Excited to see the diary room revealed on launch night (or will they reveal it earlier).

Press photos have been released by Channel5. There's numerous 'fan sites' posting them. Here's a small selection:

View attachment 39210

View attachment 39216

View attachment 39211

View attachment 39214

More photos at bigbrotherextra (or numerous other fansites)

i don't know if i like it, nothing looks soft and comfy enough to relax on. the use of purple/pink, and yellow/lime, looks a bit out of place with the theme, i thought it would be more blue/grey. it really doesn't matter what it looks like, i just hope the show is good

I love it! The House looks great, feels a lot less cluttered than last year's and the celeb house. Got a futuristic dystopian dictator type feel.

Also am I imagining it or is the spa a bit larger?

A few news sites have been saying that it is the largest ever pool or something in BBUK history.
Oh, and I think bbspy has more pictures than tellymix so you should go check that out.

First look! The new futuristic Big Brother house in bright green and purple...and with nowhere for the housemates to hide

article-0-1E60EC8600000578-861_634x421.jpg

article-0-1E60EC0B00000578-578_634x422.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...een-purple-housemates-hide.html#ixzz33SvycHOH

Back