Skip to main content

BB bumped to 8.30pm from next week

See the move puts it head to head with Love Island - because making a show that appeals (or not) to the Love Island generation then airing head to head makes so much sense.

How is Love Island rating BTW?l

Love Island is doing very well, 5 of the top 10 most streamed shows on TV in Australia are Love Island episodes, with Love Island occupying the top 3 spots.

More people streaming crusty, old Home & Away rather than the BB premiere tells you everything

It’s because they have the same old people calling the shots who are earning millions a year and don’t know the average Australian living in their mansion.

It’s ridiculous.
Executives anywhere and being out of touch with reality are like PB&J

I have lost interest in BB. I thought they couldn’t get any further from the BB I use to know, but this year, I might as well watch Love Island or some kind of show like that. I don’t watch those shows because it is full of fake people with fake attitude, interested only in their looks.
Ok the guys have good bodies and I like that, but that is not why I want to watch BB. They are boring and fake hook-ups truly don’t interest me. They show nudity because there is no substance in those people.
To me it looks sleazy, very sad.

And they wonder why people no longer watch TV at all? There is so many other options tv have to compete with they never had to before yet they don't seem to ever want to make original quality content. Which i guess is all that much better for content creators who continue to grow their audiences.
So true. I watch Paramount + or stream other channel I subscribe to.
I watch the news and few progrs on the ABC. The Block and sometimes The Amazing Race but that's about it for my TV watching

Ratings last night nationally - a little over 200,000.
That is less viewers than Blow Up was getting, when Seven moved it to Seven Flix for the rest of its run.

Difference being Blow up was back in May, whereas now we're at the end of the ratings year and Seven has already claimed the win for the year. So it's just about saving face and not being humiliated. But yeah I think it'll shuffled be onto Flix or Mate by the need of next week.

Imagine if 7 decides to not have a finale and no one wins any money 😂

I suggested that when I thought they might decide to not air it at all. Wonder how the contracts read if it's only the finale that never airs.

Difference being Blow up was back in May, whereas now we're at the end of the ratings year and Seven has already claimed the win for the year. So it's just about saving face and not being humiliated. But yeah I think it'll shuffled be onto Flix or Mate by the need of next week.

I suggested that when I thought they might decide to not air it at all. Wonder how the contracts read if it's only the finale that never airs.
I expect that there has to be a winner. But there's no reason it couldn't be an online-only release :p

I expect that there has to be a winner. But there's no reason it couldn't be an online-only release :p

I remember there were a bunch of episodes of The Weakest Link (I think?) that never aired so their contestants reportedly didn't receive their prize money. But this is a bit different. The HMs surely would have been paid their stipends at least for their time away from home. But the finale hasn't been taped, the public have yet to vote, who knows how the contracts stipulate the conditions of prize money payment, but I bet they'd have every possibility covered. I'm trying to remember how they wrapped up Ten's The Resort after it got canned mid-series in 2004.

I'm trying to remember how they wrapped up Ten's The Resort after it got canned mid-series in 2004.
Im trying to look up past articles about it, I remember The Hot House which was a very similar concept aired at the same time also on Channel 10, but it finished out In April also after a shaky ratings start, while The Resort cancelled sometime in March 2004.

It's part funny/sad!nostalgia reading the article about The Hot House the $2 Million prize including the house they built (which they had to live in for at least 2 years) vs todays house prices, and being the biggest value prize on Australian reality TV history at the time or something, this being in the same year BBAU's big 'Secret' was (Dr Evil voice) $ONE MILLION DOLLARS. lol.
giphy.gif

I remember there were a bunch of episodes of The Weakest Link (I think?) that never aired so their contestants reportedly didn't receive their prize money. But this is a bit different. The HMs surely would have been paid their stipends at least for their time away from home. But the finale hasn't been taped, the public have yet to vote, who knows how the contracts stipulate the conditions of prize money payment, but I bet they'd have every possibility covered. I'm trying to remember how they wrapped up Ten's The Resort after it got canned mid-series in 2004.
Even with a live series there is every possibility they won't get to a final. Indeed if this was live with ratings like that I think it would have already been cut short - the difference this time is the cost of production has already been paid out.

Even with a live series there is every possibility they won't get to a final. Indeed if this was live with ratings like that I think it would have already been cut short - the difference this time is the cost of production has already been paid out.

I was actually thinking the same. So much for pre-recording it to save money.

It was Dog Eat Dog. They filmed 10 episodes but only 2 went to air.

One of the rare instances where the Americans actually improved the format.

Is the final due to be live or is it a pre-recorded fake final with fake reactions to fake winning again? I know they did that for BBVIP but what did they do last series?

Back