Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2016) - Episode 11 Discussion

Everyone had a chance - they had the early game to make a good impression, then a chance to win the ' advantage' challenge. Saanapu won, they picked the people who had proven themselves desirable, and now they have the advantage.
This is just my opinion and prediction:
No, it's completely skewed the game. One challenge shouldn't do that. Not for this long. There is no way that the blue alliance doesn't take out Vavau when they merge. That one competition set up the majority of the game, I'm guessing well into post merge, maybe another 6 eliminations.

Even a good player like Craig won't have a chance against poor players like Lee because they will target him due to his strength. No telling what allies will reform because they've been with their second tribe longer.

I don't understand why the producers would do all that initial movement and then keep things static.

On the RHAP most recent podcast, Rob and Stephen confirmed that the merge would've happened by now in survivor US and maybe the would be even a couple days after the merge . I really can't believe how long these guys are gonna be suffering playing this game . They don't look that bad to me yet . They have a long way to go.

There is 26 episodes in this season.
Thanks! I thought maybe they made more since we went to 3 nights a week. I hadn't worked out the shows and evictions but if there are 15 episodes left and 14(?) contestants we have at least one non elimination show left.

I'm surprised that it's close to 2 full American seasons of 14 episodes. With doing double challenges it's no wonder the season seems action packed.

Thanks! I thought maybe they made more since we went to 3 nights a week. I hadn't worked out the shows and evictions but if there are 15 episodes left and 14(?) contestants we have at least one non elimination show left.

I'm surprised that it's close to 2 full American seasons of 14 episodes. With doing double challenges it's no wonder the season seems action packed.

I count 15 contestants left. I think!?

Sometimes the distance shots are of the "dream team" playing or testing the challenge. It may not actually be the contestants.

Oh that's terrible... but somehow doesn't surprise me

It makes sense so that we get an overall look and at some stage the real people would be in similar positions. Not that we'd know from the ground level. As long as Saanapu lose something soon.

...if they are throwing pre-recorded overhead shots in during the 'Live' races then that is misleading us into thinking that these 'races' are legit... because that then brings into question on just how much of the show is 'staged' or 'scripted' rather than being a natural free flowing show... Phoebe magically 'finding' that idol etc etc is a prime example of bringing doubt into the legitimacy of the 'Live' footage that is supposed to be being shot just to name one... they are not doing themselves any favours when they throw in pre-recorded shots of complete strangers substituting for the real castaways no matter for whatever reasons in my opinion... just saying... cheers.

This is just my opinion and prediction:
No, it's completely skewed the game. One challenge shouldn't do that. Not for this long. There is no way that the blue alliance doesn't take out Vavau when they merge. That one competition set up the majority of the game, I'm guessing well into post merge, maybe another 6 eliminations.

Even a good player like Craig won't have a chance against poor players like Lee because they will target him due to his strength. No telling what allies will reform because they've been with their second tribe longer.

I don't understand why the producers would do all that initial movement and then keep things static.

...I have to agree with you on this about Craig... I really like him in this and hope that he goes a long way in it but as you say... they will target him straight away and that will suck big time... he won't be in the show very long once they merge for sure... that's more the same really... but that is the game too isn't it I suppose?... cheers.

...if they are throwing pre-recorded overhead shots in during the 'Live' races then that is misleading us into thinking that these 'races' are legit... because that then brings into question on just how much of the show is 'staged' or 'scripted' rather than being a natural free flowing show... Phoebe magically 'finding' that idol etc etc is a prime example of bringing doubt into the legitimacy of the 'Live' footage that is supposed to be being shot just to name one... they are not doing themselves any favours when they throw in pre-recorded shots of complete strangers substituting for the real castaways no matter for whatever reasons in my opinion... just saying... cheers.
Who cares. I don't. It's all supposition from us anyway as to what they do to get the product out.

Who cares. I don't. It's all supposition from us anyway as to what they do to get the product out.

...yes your right about doing whatever they have to do to get the product out but it's just a bug bear that itches in my craw but I guess that I should just let it go and move on eh? :thumbsup:... but stillllllll............. ;):biggrin:... lol!... cheers.

You knew Andy was a goner when they gave him the total douche edit. Thank god though, he was such a dick. Played by a pack of girls he thought he controlled. Problem is, dudes like him control no one. Have they ever had a player with less personality ever?

Promos are making out like Phoebe is going to make some huge move. I just hope that move is out the door.

I'm liking Craig more and more ie. could he be getting a winning edit?

Are all the challenges going to be rehashes of ones we've already seen on USA Survivor? It certain is seeming that way.

There also seems to be a problem that many of the challenges haven't been remotely competitive, like total blowouts. One tribe is simply too physically weak, and that all boils down to the advantage that was won to choose their own tribe, which was simply too much of an advantage, in my opinion. It's eliminated any competitiveness and thus suspense at the challenges.

Are all the challenges going to be rehashes of ones we've already seen on USA Survivor? It certain is seeming that way.

There also seems to be a problem that many of the challenges haven't been remotely competitive, like total blowouts. One tribe is simply too physically weak, and that all boils down to the advantage that was won to choose their own tribe, which was simply too much of an advantage, in my opinion. It's eliminated any competitiveness and thus suspense at the challenges.
I find it slightly embarrassing to watch. I always was going for Aganoa as the underdogs and will stick with Vavau for the same reasons. I've developed a liking for Phoebe and Kristie and didn't mind Kat as she wasn't the usual bikini clad lady ans she did have a certain style all her own. I'd prefer a stronger male like Lee or Sam to even up the odds by joining them and time will tell if something like that happens. Bring the rest of the series on.

...just to get rid of the Sanaapu's smugness of always being the winners and thereby getting all of the rewards and to stop the sad and depressed Vavau tribe wallowing in self pity I would love for The Pag to ask both teams to voluntarily line up side by side opposite each other and then pick every second person in the line on both sides and then tell them to stand in a group together and then say these are now the new tribes!...

...just imagine all of the 'coziness' of the Sanaapu Tribe going out of the window?... lol!... they would all have to reshuffle their alliances around again and people that were Tribal mates would possibly playing against each other now... they should do it a week before they merge the Tribes... and when they then merge both tribes imagine them playing against each other after having turned on each other for a week?... it would be really interesting to see what happens in that week methinks!... yeah I know... it's a stupid idea and they would never do it but what the hell eh?...lol!... cheers.

Back