Skip to main content

Australian Idol 2024

I wonder if Marcia is pushing herself too hard with Grease.

Anyway, I thought Denvah had the edge tonight and could actually win this. They are all good though.

I wonder if Marcia is pushing herself too hard with Grease.

Anyway, I thought Denvah had the edge tonight and could actually win this. They are all good though.
Fortunately, for Marcia, Grease is over in Melbourne so no more travelling backwards and forwards for her.

Yes, they are all good and I think any of them would be worthy winners, for very different reasons, but my 10 votes went to Dylan as I've always really enjoyed his performances. At first I wasn't a fan of How Deep Is Your Love, but I've since watched it and listened to it many times and it is actually very good imo. Good luck to all of them!

I am so torn. I felt so sure I'd be voting for Dylan 10 times over. But it's like tonight was the first time Denvah, as a very genre-specific contestant, had total freedom to do her thing. After that last song, I found myself wanting to vote for her.

I don't know, I think I'll be doing a split vote.

Go with your gut feeling @Coppelia and whose music you want to listen to on an album and in the future. Although, I think all of them will do well anyway because they are all different and have something unique to offer.

I'd be very happy with either of these 3 winning.
You could legit see any one of them releasing music and following the footsteps of Guy, Jess & co.
I think Dylan probably wins though.

At the risk of being the only person who can't see the emperor's new clothes... wasn't Amy off-key multiple times in that?
Just catching up on last nights show and yeah I was surprised to hear this too. She’s usually pretty pitch perfect but Chains certainly wasn’t. Overall she’s still pretty amazing!

I won’t really be upset with who wins tonight, I reckon it will probably be Dylan but I’m sending my votes for Amy.

Hopefully, it was just too hectic a schedule for her with the Grease performances and Idol appearances and travelling constantly between Melbourne and Sydney and she just needs to chill and recover.
Prayers for Marcia! Selfishly I hope she’s better, back tonight and does the performance she was scheduled to do last night (love her new single) and is well enough to do the Sydney season of Grease as I have tickets for next weekend!

And yeah I agree that Denvah is good when she does country. I’m still not sure I’d want to listen to a whole album or a concert.

I've watched a couple of the performances back again now. It was pretty cool to see an Australian Idol live audience going absolutely wild for Shannon Noll again.

The final 12 seem to be genuinely friends with each other (not to mentioned the rumoured romance). Nice to see. The first ABC season of American Idol was very much like that.

Ricki and Scotty sign off with “see you next year” 🤩

An emotional winners performance but I’m keen to hear the recorded version.

Back