Skip to main content

$10m or the life of a stranger

$10m or the life of a stranger

• $10m

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • Life of a Stranger

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters
Whether you do it yourself or you don't have to get your hands dirty, it's still murder. In fact, the latter is more cowardly. As for trying to fool yourself into thinking you could do so much good with the money, who are any of you to decide the worth of another's life and bargain it away? I could never take the money - the guilt would blight my entire life and I'd never enjoy it. I wouldn't even consider this an option.

Have anyone seen that Twilight Zone where a door to door salesman arrives with a box with a button? If you press the button you get $10 million, and someone you don't know dies. He leaves the box with you for a week.

After the week, he returns and goes off and gives the box to someone... someone you don't know. (cue theme music)

I know that it would be wrong to take the money but I can't be sure that I wouldn't do it. It's not hard to convince yourself that it doesn't matter because people die all the time.

The guilt would be far too much. I know people die all of the time, but I'd never be able to shake the feeling that it's my fault that someone has died.

There is absolutely no way I would choose to take a life for $10million. Karma is a bitch.

Last edited:
What @mikidiki said. I'd take the money if it was just someone random and I couldn't see it. But if you opened up a curtain and I saw someone in danger right in front of me...... I'd use some of the money to buy the family a good attorney.

I would just close the curtains & pretend I saw nothing.

The guilt would be far too much. I know people die all of the time, but I'd never be able to shake the feeling that it's my fault that someone has died.
Surely the guilty person though is the one making you the offer.

Save the life, imagine the guilt! Once you sentence them to death they won't be a stranger, they'll be that human you killed for selfish reasons.

For a pet, is take the money though. It's so not the same thing.

Not even one, Reaper's are almost $17million $US each!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Atomics_MQ-9_Reaper

Cheers but I was actually thinkin about the following sort of Drone, albeit with a couple of simple modifications. :D

Actually, I'm surprised no one appears to have used such an easily and relatively cheaply available device to get the odd bit of "live streaming" of the current BB house.

regarDS

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-18_12-37-16.png
    upload_2014-9-18_12-37-16.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Tee
Save the life, imagine the guilt! Once you sentence them to death they won't be a stranger, they'll be that human you killed for selfish reasons.

For a pet, is take the money though. It's so not the same thing.
I'm the opposite. I'd save my fur babies any day.
I guess this isn't a good time to admit I'm a nurse...

In all seriousness, if it truly came down to it and someone was drying right in front of you, I couldn't imagine anyone walking away.

Yes, people die all the time but you're not killing them! And that's essentially what this is, if you take the money. I'm sorry, but no, I would not kill someone for $10m.

People saying they would take the money - if this was really offered to you, I bet you would NOT take that money, it's gross and you couldn't in the end.
You are a rich murderer, no worse executioner, what fun:(

And come on saving animals over people is just sick - sorry if that hurts, but it really is sick you know.
It is a common trait of dictators/despots/madmen, they all love animals and hate people.
You are talking about somebody's sister/mother/child or brother/father/child, can you really do it???

And - if asked that in company, everyone would chose the life, even if they are lying

I wouldn't take the money. It is the same as being asked to kill someone to get 10 million dollars. There really is no difference in my eyes no matter how you try and justify it.

It is interesting. I think most people would say that they would not take the money but most people who do commit murder, do so for a lot less.

I wouldn't do it. I have grown up watching and reading too many Superman stories to not have learned a thing or two about morality. Don't bring up Man of Steel.

Back