Skip to main content

10% of the money gone.. It's a 10 week comp..

K

KurlyKatieK

So if every power couple gets to "steal" 10K from the pot each week, by week 10 there will be no money left.

It will change the game. HM's won't be so hungry to win, they won't be so strategic and manipulative ...

BORING!!!!

Didn't they get 10K each? That's 1/5 of the whole thing gone. Final prize must be more this year.

They got 10 PERCENT (actually a smidge under)

The prize pool is $250k. If $20k gets deducted every week... After 10 weeks the prize pool will only be worth $50k!!

There will have to be a larger amount of prize money, hope so

It's not. Sonia announced on the opening night it was $250k

So if every power couple gets to "steal" 10K from the pot each week, by week 10 there will be no money left.

It will change the game. HM's won't be so hungry to win, they won't be so strategic and manipulative ...

BORING!!!!
Who said money will be given away each week?

No one. I'm speculating. But I would also imagine Big Brother doing worse things for larger cash prizes too.

Read up.

I did say it's a smidge under and if $20k goes every week that there will only be $50k left at the end.

So the title should read 8% to be exact.

Read up.

I did say it's a smidge under and if $20k goes every week that there will only be $50k left at the end.

So the title should read 8% to be exact.

I think I've read an article somewhere, that there will be cash incentives this year...so I don't think this will be the last offer from BB, although I'm sure the challenges/task won't all be about lack of food, and some HOH/HM's maybe won't except the money?
The other HM's don't know yet that the $20k was taken out of the prize money, just they had to live on shakes for the week... ( I wonder if BB told Priya and Katie not to say anything about that?)
I think it will cause tension once HM's see the prize money whittle away(especially the HM's who think they have a biggest chance to win BB) unless they get some cash as HOH?

In some ways I think it's unfair that the money goes to one person. I mean, a homeless person could live in the BB house until near the end, and still get a good deal (food, accomodation, money) all for being on TV.

The HM's have the opportunity - fame, exposure, living essentially rent free, if they choose to give up or take leave from job to appear on the show.

The prize money wouldn't be much higher than the collective fees they'd get from Radio/TV appearances... they could ride the 15 minutes of fame, and employ a publicist to make sure their name doesnt leave the spotlight.

I'd like to think the money the housemates are spending on food this week from Priya and Katie's $10,000 will go back into the winners prize money. If $30,000 is offer tonight, it's pretty unfair for the winner.

I'd like to think the money the housemates are spending on food this week from Priya and Katie's $10,000 will go back into the winners prize money. If $30,000 is offer tonight, it's pretty unfair for the winner.
It's unfair for these two girls to leave with more than Tahan from last year. Maybe big brother was embarrassed by the little prize money last year and decided to divide it up? Only giving Tahan $5,000 after all the entertainment she provided was a joke.

Back