Skip to main content

The Bachelorette Australia 2016

Frockage.....= dark number, big, can't get a good look
Did they all utter the love???
I wasn't paying much attention either. I think Matty was avoiding saying it, but said it would be easy to do. There was heat between them, at least lol

Oh, well. If Bachette is to bite the dust after this, maybe it will go out with a BANG! :whistling:

Who is this?

398847B300000578-3872782-image-a-41_1477437653197.jpg

It is sad about her mother, but the taking of time out to do this show after a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer was always questionable to me. It's a quick and ruthless cancer for most, and she must have been informed of that. At least she wasn't in Bali or wherever when this stage, or worse, was reached. Very very sad.

I agree. She comes across generally as a nice fun person on the show, but for me there is just this shadow of doubt about her - she talks about how family is very important to her, and yet she chose to go on this show while her mum has such an aggressive form of cancer. I'm not saying she has to give up her own life goals to take care of her mum, but she could still have found a partner in a way that didn't take her completely away from her family during this crucial time - e.g. by using online dating sites, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1477492221][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thought Jake would be going. He was quite nice, so of course Georgia doesn't want him.

That's not a fair comment, Lee and Matty are quite nice, too.

That's not a fair comment, Lee and Matty are quite nice, too.

Oh, I didn't mean Lee and Matty aren't nice, especially Matty. It just seems to me that Georgia is basing her choice on which guy is most likely to move to be with her, she doesn't seem particularly open to compromise.

I thought Jake was lovely. Really though it would be him and Matty in the final two. Matty is adorable. I hope he's not acting. It would be nice if something came of all this.

In shallow news, I wish they'd stop giving Georgia an orange lip at the rose ceremony. It really does not suit her.

I'll be glad this one is over. Wish Cam was still there. I guess she can't keep all of them. I missed the drama of Courtney, oddly.

You know what though, there is always another way of looking at things, and just maybe her Mum's illness made her do this show.

Having been through some horrid family deaths recently, one thing becomes clear, people react differently to terminal illness.
Some do very weird things, some become something special, some are walking disasters.

Strikes me she may have more reason to want her Mum to see her settled and maybe even pregnant.
Just maybe she & Mum wanted this, fast track romance and everything else on speed so Mum is there for it.

Lately, watching this show I've been getting the vibe that there is something "off" about her. Like, she could turn into a raving bitch on a moments notice.....or something. I don't know. Her search for love seems all about her, and not about the guy. Kind of like he's just the appropriate accessory she needs to source. Plus she seems to be saying the same things to each guy she has a meltdown over getting rid of.

Lately, watching this show I've been getting the vibe that there is something "off" about her. Like, she could turn into a raving bitch on a moments notice.....or something. I don't know. Her search for love seems all about her, and not about the guy. Kind of like he's just the appropriate accessory she needs to source. Plus she seems to be saying the same things to each guy she has a meltdown over getting rid of.

I have felt this a bit recently... yesterday when I was watching the episode and she was getting all insecure and interrogative about the Melbourne stuff, I was thinking, if anything, shouldn't Lee be the one who's worried about the relationship being based on the convenience of both of them living in Melbourne? After all, Georgia's the one making the decisions. I feel like SHE should be reassuring him that if she chose him, it wouldn't be just for the convenience, rather than the other way round.

You know what though, there is always another way of looking at things, and just maybe her Mum's illness made her do this show.

Having been through some horrid family deaths recently, one thing becomes clear, people react differently to terminal illness.
Some do very weird things, some become something special, some are walking disasters.

Strikes me she may have more reason to want her Mum to see her settled and maybe even pregnant.
Just maybe she & Mum wanted this, fast track romance and everything else on speed so Mum is there for it.
Yeah, I am with you on this. No doubt she talked through doing the show with her mum. It is highly likely that her mum didn't want Georgia to put her life on hold because of the illness.

Reactions: kxk
I have felt this a bit recently... yesterday when I was watching the episode and she was getting all insecure and interrogative about the Melbourne stuff, I was thinking, if anything, shouldn't Lee be the one who's worried about the relationship being based on the convenience of both of them living in Melbourne? After all, Georgia's the one making the decisions. I feel like SHE should be reassuring him that if she chose him, it wouldn't be just for the convenience, rather than the other way round.
I feel like the producers would have said to her - you have to give the viewers some doubt about each guy so they can't pick the winner, so you need to come up with at least one negative aspect you are concerned about. Channel 10 like to throw us off the scent with these things otherwise people won't watch.

Wondering whether to avoid this thread (and other portions of the internet) soon given I'm on the west coast... I have gone and spoiled it for myself the past few seasons though, because I was just too curious!

Not looking forward to seeing someone get hurt tonight, the runner-up portion of the final rose ceremony is always so brutal. Both of them seem nice. Matty is obviously very invested. Lee is a bit more reserved but also appears to really like her.

Back