Skip to main content

Tina Arena Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Penguin is just trying to look out for this forum. To be a beacon of hope in these trying times.
haha let's not go overboard, I'm just trying to be civil & encourage conversation rather than just stirring up old animosities, It's been years...let's move forward

What do mature people talk about? Mortgages, the finance report, and how to get blood out of the carpets?

You're not being neutral in the slightest. You're enabling poor behaviour that isn't welcome around here.
Let me make this more clear. I came here in Spring 2021. Columbo & a few others were kind enough to help me sort out all the BBAU background as well as the really intense Aussie slang. I remember this Forum having many different opinions & no one was chastised for poor behaviour. I think it's important (while civil) to have different opinions. It makes things more interesting. I have friends in Discord from 2008 when we first watched JustinTV & the 24/7 live feeds of BBUSA. So again, I'm not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. I just don't understand the point of limiting discourse. One can always ignore. I certainly am not here to offend. If Brexit is kind enough to let Columbo participate again, I'm just trying to coax him into being a good participant. Pax vobiscum

Let me make this more clear. I came here in Spring 2021. Columbo & a few others were kind enough to help me sort out all the BBAU background as well as the really intense Aussie slang. I remember this Forum having many different opinions & no one was chastised for poor behaviour. I think it's important (while civil) to have different opinions. It makes things more interesting. I have friends in Discord from 2008 when we first watched JustinTV & the 24/7 live feeds of BBUSA. So again, I'm not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers. I just don't understand the point of limiting discourse. One can always ignore. I certainly am not here to offend. If Brexit is kind enough to let Columbo participate again, I'm just trying to coax him into being a good participant. Pax vobiscum

Yes difference of opinion is what makes a forum great.

Golly, I'm merely trying to be polite & encourage Columbo to be polite in return. If that is so unwelcome, please ignore me. I'd like to think it is more civil to have contrasting discourse rather than merely choosing sides & lobbing shots. Cheers
Like your little friend you tend to fall back on this notation that you’re harmless. You are not or at least when it comes to enabling him and throwing around excuses for his behaviours. As for ignoring you that was only possible when you were just a lone contributor. While you’re here actively and publicly encouraging him you’re 100% fair game for criticism. If you don’t like it you’re welcome to leave.

Let’s be honest you came here and we’re a borderline nuisance… You still are even when he’s not around. He saw that as an opportunity to have you join his little gang.

Let’s be honest you came here and we’re a borderline nuisance… You still are even when he’s not around. He saw that as an opportunity to have you join his little gang.
Well, thanks for the reply. Again, I'm under the impression that posting on a Forum does not require anything more than civility & content (witty banter is extra). If you find me a borderline nuisance, please feel free to ignore. Personally, I enjoy your posts. However, I don't need an echo chamber. It's nice to have a respite from American politics as we get closer to nutters trying to bring Drumpf back. Pax vobiscum

If you find me a borderline nuisance, please feel free to ignore.
Which was what I had been doing until your little friend rejoined and you went right back to enabling him. As I stated before as long as that continues it’s fair game on calling you out.

Like your little friend you tend to fall back on this notation that you’re harmless. You are not or at least when it comes to enabling him and throwing around excuses for his behaviours. As for ignoring you that was only possible when you were just a lone contributor. While you’re here actively and publicly encouraging him you’re 100% fair game for criticism. If you don’t like it you’re welcome to leave.
Golly, I've never claimed to be harmless. I just stated that since Brexit has allowed Columbo to return that I would try to engage him in civil discourse to curb his ranting. I'm well aware of your. animosity & again, I suggest ignoring both of us if it bothers you so much. Believe me, I welcome criticism. Conversation requires a willingness to hear others. Just my opinion Pax vobiscum

Golly, I've never claimed to be harmless. I just stated that since Brexit has allowed Columbo to return that I would try to engage him in civil discourse to curb his ranting. I'm well aware of your. animosity & again, I suggest ignoring both of us if it bothers you so much. Believe me, I welcome criticism. Conversation requires a willingness to hear others. Just my opinion Pax vobiscum
I can assure you he was not “allowed” to return.

Which was what I had been doing until your little friend rejoined and you went right back to enabling him. As I stated before as long as that continues it’s fair game on calling you out.
I don't mind what you consider "calling me out" However, unless you can point out anything where I'm encouraging Columbo to misbehave, I'll just keep on keeping on. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back