Skip to main content

Royal Watch

I watched a documentary last night called "The Queen's Diamond Decades" which looked back at the sixty years the Queen has been on the throne (it was made in 2012). The history she has lived through has been immense both in her country and overseas.

What was interesting to me though was all the weddings of all her children. It seemed that the more lavish the wedding (Charles and Diana; Andrew and Fergie) the worse the marriage was, yet the more simple the wedding, well simple by royal standards, the stronger the marriage (Camilla and Charles; Anne and Tim; Edward and Sophie).

I am loving the skirt, coat, bag and boots and notice how there is plenty of Royal PDA for everyone to see...

46DF35FD00000578-5135897-The_newly_engaged_couple_received_a_rapturous_welcome_in_Notting-a-177_1512130912415.jpg
What's with the holding of his arm?

It’s an American thing. I used to hold my husband’s arm like that when we went out for walks and I didn’t want to slip. He hated it. I wear sensible shoes now.

i just watched a documentary called monarchy: the royals at work. it was when the BBC filmed the Queen and her family for a year back in 2006 I think it was. anyway it was quite fascinating to see how it all worked. especially all the mind numbing small talk that they have to do with thousands of people each year. and the effort that goes in to each and ever special event at Buckingham Palace.

Pure class.
Kate is very polished. She either has a good sense of what will appeal to the masses or she has good advisers. Her wearing old pieces is a popular move. Of course this may have always been the practice but under the magnifying glass of social media, it is now more apparent.

Back