Skip to main content

Episode Australian Survivor (2017) - Episode 11 Discussion

i suppose they had to do a tribal swap. asaga were getting destroyed in the immunity challenges.

...I got the impression that the two tribes were going to merge and not swap for some reason... I guess that I'm wrong?... cheers.

...so if Henry pops his idol out to save himself Ziggy can cancel it out on him?... have they just done this to put Henry on an even keel with the rest of them I wonder?... cheers.
That's a good point. It should put the wind up him regardless and is she going to be ruthless and judicious in her using of it.

...but so do the mushy 'letters from home' crap too don't they?... lol!... cheers.
Oh crap. I hate those. In all honesty, I try and put myself in that position of receiving one and I don't think it would bother me much to not get to read what they've written. I can go for weeks without seeing my family and some friends, so leave me out I'd say. I'd only want to know if certain people had taken ill or died.

That's a good point. It should put the wind up him regardless and is she going to be ruthless and judicious in her using of it.

...she did say at the end of tonight's show that she was keeping the idol for herself and that it'll get her to the final (or words similar) so my guess is that she intends to use that option towards the end rather than in the near future Khun Khun... besides... they'll all know that she will have it so I'm also guessing that Henry will buddy up to her really quickly to negate her temptation to do that to him... if I was Henry... I would... cheers.

...she did say at the end of tonight's show that she was keeping the idol for herself and that it'll get her to the final (or words similar) so my guess is that she intends to use that option towards the end rather than in the near future Khun Khun... besides... they'll all know that she will have it so I'm also guessing that Henry will buddy up to her really quickly to negate her temptation to do that to him... if I was Henry... I would... cheers.
All will be revealed soon enough as they don't know...yet.

What do they actually do?

It's a fancy electronic assistant. It can manage your calendar, check the weather, set alarms, Google things for you, order an Uber, play music, etc. It's a bit more fancy if you have compatible things for example I can tell it to control the TV like playing something on Netflix/Stan. Play music on my stereo speakers. Turn lights on and off.

I'll be honest it is a bit gimmicky at the moment as you could just get up and do all the things yourself. Benefit is you can be lazy and just use your voice and stay sitting on the couch.

...oh dear... sorry Consuela... but please tell me just one thing... can you re-program it to another name or do you have to call it Google?... that's the part that sounds so wanky to me... cheers.

Ha! It's all good I love it regardless. But yeah you have to say 'Ok Google' or 'Hey Google' can't change the name yet but people are asking for it.

It's a fancy electronic assistant. It can manage your calendar, check the weather, set alarms, Google things for you, order an Uber, play music, etc. It's a bit more fancy if you have compatible things for example I can tell it to control the TV like playing something on Netflix/Stan. Play music on my stereo speakers. Turn lights on and off.

I'll be honest it is a bit gimmicky at the moment as you could just get up and do all the things yourself. Benefit is you can be lazy and just use your voice and stay sitting on the couch.

Ha! It all good I love it regardless. But yeah you have to say 'Ok Google' or 'Hey Google' can't change the name yet but people are asking for it.

...this is probably a really stupid question Consuela but if you're out and are driving home... can you 'ring' it on your phone and 'tell it' to turn on your air conditioner for instance?... as I said... probably a stupid question lol!... cheers.

Oh crap. I hate those. In all honesty, I try and put myself in that position of receiving one and I don't think it would bother me much to not get to read what they've written. I can go for weeks without seeing my family and some friends, so leave me out I'd say. I'd only want to know if certain people had taken ill or died.

The over the top, overwrought, weird family emotional crap always puzzles me.
I put it down to being an indication of how relentlessly intense and stressful it must be with permanent game-head in a real arena - very weird on human emotions. Performing and playing must really mess with you, plus living like a dog - sleep deprived and nutrient deprived must make them cry I reckon.

Bet there are psych analysis of this phenomenon on the net. It is not normal behaviour

...this is probably a really stupid question Consuela but if you're out and are driving home... can you 'ring' it on your phone and 'tell it' to turn on your air conditioner for instance?... as I said... probably a stupid question lol!... cheers.

Only really if you've got fancy ducted air-con that's wired and compatible so not if you've just got a wall reverse cycle. You could have a portable air-con/heater that's plugged in which you could tell it to turn on from anywhere though. But it wouldn't be as fancy as controlling the temp it'd just turn it on like you would at the wall.

Only really if you've got fancy ducted air-con that's wired and compatible so not if you've just got a wall reverse cycle. You could have a portable air-con/heater that's plugged in which you could tell it to turn on from anywhere though. But it wouldn't be as fancy as controlling the temp it'd just turn it on like you would at the wall.

...oh really?... so it wasn't such a dumb question after all then?... lol!... thanks for telling me Consuela... cheers.

Back