Skip to main content

What would reepbot say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is fantasy? What is reality? Sometimes I get confused. I dream of moments so clear and vivid, so lifelike that I feel that they must be real. I know they must be real. But then I realize, slowly but surely, that I was daydreaming. Escaping from who I am or just letting my imagination run wild? I do not know. Maybe I don't understand myself very well.

personally I think imagination and fantasy should play a role in everyone's lives ... and if they don't I'm not sure how people cope with some of the realities of life ... escape is sometimes a very real necessity

personally I think imagination and fantasy should play a role in everyone's lives ... and if they don't I'm not sure how people cope with some of the realities of life ... escape is sometimes a very real necessity

but if fantasy takes over reality, so much so that reality seems like fantasy.....

well I guess that depends on which is better to live in - the reality or the fantasy ...

I think its a protection mechanism to be believing in the fantasy rather than the reality ... so maybe the reality needs to be dealt with so it can be changed

well I guess that depends on which is better to live in - the reality or the fantasy ...

I think its a protection mechanism to be believing in the fantasy rather than the reality ... so maybe the reality needs to be dealt with so it can be changed

ok. i think i believe in the fantasy.

willpower. the power of the will. determination is such a great attribute to have I reckon. i try to have willpower but sometimes i fail.

Willpower is control of oneself and ones conduct. So if someone went around the forum picking fights with people, that would show a lack of willpower

Reactions: Jam
i never or rarely get angry because i have a terrible memory. i have trouble remembering who i interacted with on this forum so sometimes i have to do a search of my name and put their username down to see our interaction history. that is why i have started to write a diary. not only to help my memory but to also maybe provide inspiration for a story.

i never or rarely get angry because i have a terrible memory. i have trouble remembering who i interacted with on this forum so sometimes i have to do a search of my name and put their username down to see our interaction history. that is why i have started to write a diary. not only to help my memory but to also maybe provide inspiration for a story.
Just learn to be entirely predictable. Then you don't need a memory.

For instance, I don't remember having green curry for lunch 3 days ago, but having it 10 days in a row, I probably did. Man-diary avoided.

Just learn to be entirely predictable. Then you don't need a memory.

For instance, I don't remember having green curry for lunch 3 days ago, but having it 10 days in a row, I probably did. Man-diary avoided.

but a diary isn't just for what you had for dinner, it is a way of putting down your thoughts, feelings, and observations on the events of the day. it is a delight, a pure utter delight full of purity and happy dancing of words that can mean so much. look at the words, witty, look at them dance. feel those words, feel how they bring out the emotions in you. that shiver up your spine, that distant memory of a summers day where the sun set late along the beach as you played a game of cricket with your family. hear the words, listen to what they are telling you. hear their voices and understand them.

but a diary isn't just for what you had for dinner, it is a way of putting down your thoughts, feelings, and observations on the events of the day. it is a delight, a pure utter delight full of purity and happy dancing of words that can mean so much. look at the words, witty, look at them dance. feel those words, feel how they bring out the emotions in you. that shiver up your spine, that distant memory of a summers day where the sun set late along the beach as you played a game of cricket with your family. hear the words, listen to what they are telling you. hear their voices and understand them.
I would write about the angriest guy I've ever seen walking in the CBD last Wednesday. He punched scaffolding, kicked rubbish bins, asked me angrily what I was looking at when a bus was almost hitting him from the other direction.

He was a Big Issue seller, but wow did he have big issues. Two shoulder charges I saw. Challenged cars to hit him. Plenty of undirected swearing, like Gordon Ramsay eating a terrible meal, but there was no restaurant and no 3 day old scallops.

Last edited:
I would write about the angriest guy I've ever seen walking in the CBD last Wednesday. He punched scaffolding, kicked rubbish bins, asked me angrily what I was looking at when a bus was almost hitting him from the other direction.

he sounds quite scary.

'I do believe,' said @Jam rubbing her foil 'that I shall have nachos tonight.' i think that is a good opening line to a story. maybe i can have like jam be an actual jam tart food and she lives in tastyland which is ruled by a chocolate doughnut.

he sounds quite scary.

'I do believe,' said @Jam rubbing her foil 'that I shall have nachos tonight.' i think that is a good opening line to a story. maybe i can have like jam be an actual jam tart food and she lives in tastyland which is ruled by a chocolate doughnut.

'I do believe,' agreed Jam, rubbing her rapier, 'that I will have nachos for dinner tonight. With lashings of..... wine.'

You are writing my biography, reepbot? I am a tart, so that's accurate, but so old that Gordon Ramsay would have a super tantrum. And I think that I'd prefer to live in tastyland ruled by a doughnut (especially a chocolate one!) rather than live in today's Australia ruled by a buffoon.

'I do believe,' agreed Jam, rubbing her rapier, 'that I will have nachos for dinner tonight. With lashings of..... wine.'

You are writing my biography, reepbot? I am a tart, so that's accurate, but so old that Gordon Ramsay would have a super tantrum. And I think that I'd prefer to live in tastyland ruled by a doughnut (especially a chocolate one!) rather than live in today's Australia ruled by a buffoon.

Not sure, @Jam min' until the break of dawn, but I'll have to have a bit of a think about it. Maybe not a biography but a mystery? Like you could be a private detective investigating who is stealing jelly babies?

I agree with you about PM buffoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back