Skip to main content

Survivor San Juan Del Sur

Reed's speech was EPIC, I love how passionate and articulate he is, and that he didn't back down.
Plus, his eyes are AMAZING.

(Not a fan of the final 3 at all but the winner was better than the other two)
Can't say I was a fan of any of the castaways this season. But if push came to shove Reed would be it, he masterfully teared missy a new one without coming across as vindictive, nasty, bitchy, etc..... it was just merciless unrefutable truth bomb after truth bomb, shock and awe indeed. Sad to say but his little speech was the best thing about this season which says it all really.

Jeremy and Reed were both superfans, but Jeremy at least knew to vent privately to camera. Reed was entertaining, but lacked discretion and the ability to stay strategically quiet. His beef with Missy is strange, as he should be frying bigger intellectual fish than her. She was a bit of a cantankerous old chook, as was Dale, but she was not a significant player other than being a loyal, predictable goat.

eh, I disagree! Missy's edit was more subtle, but her influence over the others was clear if you looked for it, and a lot of the secret scenes and interviews confirm that. I think she's someone who could go far in just about any season. With how middle aged mothers are often perceived and pigeonholed, though, it'd be tough for her to win, as we saw.

Can't say I was a fan of any of the castaways this season. But if push came to shove Reed would be it, he masterfully teared missy a new one without coming across as vindictive, nasty, bitchy, etc..... it was just merciless unrefutable truth bomb after truth bomb, shock and awe indeed. Sad to say but his little speech was the best thing about this season which says it all really.

Reed's speech was the epitome of vindictive, nasty, and bitchy, though. It wasn't about betrayal or emotions or anything, it was literally "I dislike you and I'm going to let you know as articulate a way as I can." Again, he shot for Sue Hawk but ended up as Corinne Kaplan. Not impressive.

What do people think Reed's chances would have been had he made it to the final 3? He seemed to have a lot of support in the jury, and the eliminated contestants. I noticed, for example, that the older guy who played the game with his daughter (sorry, can't remember either of their names, it seems a lifetime ago) put his hand on Reed's shoulder in support after Jeff had questioned him.

I hope to see him again as an All Star one day.
I'm certain that any member of the male alliance would've won against any of the 4 girls Jac, Nat, Missy, Baylor had they made it to the final 3.

eh, I disagree! Missy's edit was more subtle, but her influence over the others was clear if you looked for it, and a lot of the secret scenes and interviews confirm that. I think she's someone who could go far in just about any season. With how middle aged mothers are often perceived and pigeonholed, though, it'd be tough for her to win, as we saw.

Reed's speech was the epitome of vindictive, nasty, and bitchy, though. It wasn't about betrayal or emotions or anything, it was literally "I dislike you and I'm going to let you know as articulate a way as I can." Again, he shot for Sue Hawk but ended up as Corinne Kaplan. Not impressive.

No it wasn't. If you think that was 'nasty' than you have had it pretty good until this point in your life.
Basically all the jurors were nodding their heads and smiling in agreement, Reed was simply telling it like it was in regards to how Missy (and I guess by association bratty Baylor) carried herself in the game. Not all of the jurors had to express their disdain of Missy because the way in which Reed went about it was close to perfect as you could get.

No they weren't. Jeremy made a face of acknowledgement and Jon nodded that the jurors will decide their fate (which is a fact about the game of Survivor and nothing about Missy herself), and those were the only reactions shown until Baylor cried. Like, cool Reed, we get it. You're pissed that Missy always had the upper hand and never needed to entertain you as someone to work with and you want to make your disdain for her clear with some dramatic, incredibly rehearsed speech. Not impressive.

And the actual contents of Reed's speech didn't really make much sense at all. An eccentric person making demands of everyone for things to which they feel self-entitled to describes Reed just as much as it does Missy. He complained about her receiving handouts in the game even though he gave up his spot on the baseball reward for her (literally three days after complaining about Jeremy and Natalie doing the exact same thing.) The whole speech reeked of desperation.

No they weren't. Jeremy made a face of acknowledgement and Jon nodded that the jurors will decide their fate (which is a fact about the game of Survivor and nothing about Missy herself), and those were the only reactions shown until Baylor cried. Like, cool Reed, we get it. You're pissed that Missy always had the upper hand and never needed to entertain you as someone to work with and you want to make your disdain for her clear with some dramatic, incredibly rehearsed speech. Not impressive.

And the actual contents of Reed's speech didn't really make much sense at all. An eccentric person making demands of everyone for things to which they feel self-entitled to describes Reed just as much as it does Missy. He complained about her receiving handouts in the game even though he gave up his spot on the baseball reward for her (literally three days after complaining about Jeremy and Natalie doing the exact same thing.) The whole speech reeked of desperation.
Seems like you're pretty invested in Missy for some reason, a fan of hers perhaps? lol ;)

Look the only other thing I'll add on this 'topic' is that Reed's (low) opinion of Missy was reflected in the majority of the jurors by the fact that no-one else (besides baylor who doesn' count lol) bothered to throw a vote her way.

Missy may not have been the nastiest piece of work to have ever graced Survivor but she was an entitled bitch who understandably rubbed many (especially Reed) up the wrong way. I also happen to share his view on her and I don't think it has anything do with being spiteful at all, just simply calling a spade a spade.

Connoisseur, you can't lump Nat together with those other 3 non events, as she was easily the biggest player this season, often overplaying her hand. Keith was more popular in public than on the council, for not being a fan and screwing up their plans. Jon wouldn't have voted well versus Nat. Reed was eliminated without a single supporting vote that week. Nat told some of the biggest lies of any season, kept a straight face and didn't even burn bridges. She won comfortably and this scenario was in her worst case scenarios of Jaclyn and Jon winning immunities at inopportune times.

They made interesting viewing, but Reed and Josh really didn't play 'large'.

Seems like you're pretty invested in Missy for some reason, a fan of hers perhaps? lol ;)

Look the only other thing I'll add on this 'topic' is that Reed's (low) opinion of Missy was reflected in the majority of the jurors by the fact that no-one else (besides baylor who doesn' count lol) bothered to throw a vote her way.

Missy may not have been the nastiest piece of work to have ever graced Survivor but she was an entitled bitch who understandably rubbed many (especially Reed) up the wrong way. I also happen to share his view on her and I don't think it has anything do with being spiteful at all, just simply calling a spade a spade.

Jaclyn only received a spite vote and a vote from her loved one, but I don't think it'd be fair to say the jury held a low opinion of her. And besides, if Natalie was voted off at F4 Missy would've received votes from her, Baylor, and Jeremy.

I think the weirdest part of it all is that the edit didn't lead up to this at all. The worst we saw Missy do was get bossy about the rice and defend her daughter when someone called her a brat. We barely even saw Missy and Reed interact.

Connoisseur, you can't lump Nat together with those other 3 non events, as she was easily the biggest player this season, often overplaying her hand. Keith was more popular in public than on the council, for not being a fan and screwing up their plans. Jon wouldn't have voted well versus Nat. Reed was eliminated without a single supporting vote that week. Nat told some of the biggest lies of any season, kept a straight face and didn't even burn bridges. She won comfortably and this scenario was in her worst case scenarios of Jaclyn and Jon winning immunities at inopportune times.

They made interesting viewing, but Reed and Josh really didn't play 'large'.
You are saying that under the assumption that the vast majority of the jurors make their decision on who to vote as the winner based mostly on whoever 'played' the game best.

I'm pretty confident when I say (barring 1 or 2 'superfan' jurors who go on and on about the purity of the game of Suvivor lol) that when it comes right down to it the majority in the jury do no such thing.

They base it on the social aspect of the game, meaning whoever they got along with the best that happens to be sitting in the F2/F3.

And in any scenario that involves a guy (as much as Nat got a long with the guys and considered to be an honorary 'one of the boys')I sincerely doubt that the male jurors would've chosen her for the mill over Jon, Keith, Wes, Alec, etc... That's just my take on the game of Survivor, you are well within your rights to view it differently.

Keith in the final three would have been interesting. Wes and Alec had zero chance to either make the final 3 or succeed in it. Jon was in the girl alliance and Jaclyn couldn't get either Wes or Alec's support in the final three. I think big moves and challenge success has dictated most of the recent winners more than gender.

In the whole Missy/Reed relationship - situation. It's not like the finale was a BOMB. Reed had made it patently clear before of the very creep mother/daughter dynamic of Missy and Baylor, and also pointed out to Missy's face she's a shitty at the role she put herself in as a "mum" IN the game. Reed certainly was a bitch, but at least an honest one. I would take him over a manipulative bitch like Missy any day.

BTW if the final tally is any indication, Reed's comments were heard AND agreed with to some extent by the other Jurors as the only vote Missy seemed to get, was from her whinging brat, Baylor.

i just don't know where I stand on this, Missy was a Brat and Reed called it. But he did go on and it was no" Let the snake eat the rat", straight and to the point Sue Hawke:)

It just goes to show you only need to burn one person in the game of Survivor to lose. Reed pretty much killed any chance Missy had of winning, hence Baylors tears. Baylor had probably already mentally spent the money. And then she just saw it go up in a poof of smoke. I personally love bitter and twisted jury rants, they certainly beat the wishy washy crap other people come out with.

Overall, a pretty meh winner, although she did play the game so I guess that is what won it for her. Given that she was effectively already one vote behind the other two finalists before she even started it was a complete blow out in her favour.

Looks like there is no favourites again next season, I'm living in hope for a Fabio return, I guess I'll be waiting a long long time ie. forever.

It just goes to show you only need to burn one person in the game of Survivor to lose. Reed pretty much killed any chance Missy had of winning, hence Baylors tears. Baylor had probably already mentally spent the money. And then she just saw it go up in a poof of smoke. I personally love bitter and twisted jury rants, they certainly beat the wishy washy crap other people come out with.

Overall, a pretty meh winner, although she did play the game so I guess that is what won it for her. Given that she was effectively already one vote behind the other two finalists before she even started it was a complete blow out in her favour.

Looks like there is no favourites again next season, I'm living in hope for a Fabio return, I guess I'll be waiting a long long time ie. forever.

Based on the Ponderosa footage of Baylor, I would be very surprised to find that she actually would think her mom stood a chance of winning since people greeted her with a cold shoulder when she was voted off.

Reed's speech doesn't deserve any credit because it really didn't change anything. Missy didn't lose any votes from it.

I thought it was obvious that the male jury members had made up their minds on Missy and Baylor a loooong time ago. Reed was simply voicing what most of the male jurors as a collective (barring Jeremy and Jon perhaps) felt about them. Similar credit was given to Spencer in the previous season when in actuality it had little influence on the other jurors as well. I don't think influencing the other jurors was the main objective behind Reed's speech anyway.

It was merely to let Missy (and Baylor) know what a couple of deluded bitches they had been and that their entitlement and unashamed poor treatment of the rival alliance members (who made up most of the jury) had completely snuffed out any slim chance they might have had in winning their votes. And I'm sure they enjoyed seeing Missy squirm and Baylor turn on the water works too. lol

Overall, a pretty meh winner, although she did play the game so I guess that is what won it for her.
Amen. Let's just say that I don't have the time of day for insufferable douchy in-love-with-themselves individuals such as Nat and Tyson. They may have played the game 'well' (their greatness is grossly exaggerated by a selective winner's edit) but I can't say that I'm pleased to see them take out a million dollars.

Last edited:
Or it may simply have been his strong opinion, theatrically delivered - and thank god for that. The others weren't exactly displaying the lost art of rhetoric during their sad turns.

Back