Skip to main content

Lawson Vs Skye

Skye is a nasty bitch and gets away with it because no one pulls her up on it. Well Lawson tried.

I think Skye's shot about his girlfriend was nasty. It completely was irrelevant. I hate people who point score by being hurtful like that.
And the issue here is that Skye isn't a ditsy bimbo, she knows exactly what she is saying and doing!

And I, too, am beyond thrilled that you've managed to address me using this... BUTTONS WITH SCREEN thingy.

Looks like all of your typing classes have really paid off. You'll make a great PA one day, I'll put your application near the top of the list xo

Of course we're assuming you'll actually remember to do that but WORKing for you - Ms (?) Ciccone, would be an honour. Athough I can't work Thursdays. Thursdays are when Whitney Houston and I have a counter lunch at the Pig's Arse.

Loving this thread and people finally coming around to the realisation what a sham Skye is.

My thoughts on the favourable Skye edits and the bits of Skye that we are not seeing that ex HMs keep telling us, is that Ch. 9 is very ratings driven channel and with Skye being the seemingly most favoured housemate, they don't want her to leave and potentially lose some viewers. Another reason for no live feeds.

Loved Dave's input into this "argument".

Will you be using a Medium? :writing:

Not the REAL Whitney Houston - my *cat* Whitney Houston. I didn't mention it earlier because I was concerned that......you know..........you might not have remembered the other Whitney was....deceased. Plus you're both...well, 'were' both in the <finger quotes> "industry" so you may have even been friends and if you WERE and you were having a bad day with your.....'memory ailment' then it might have come as a bit of a shock.

Not the REAL Whitney Houston - my *cat* Whitney Houston. I didn't mention it earlier because I was concerned that......you know..........you might not have remembered the other Whitney was....deceased. Plus you're both...well, 'were' both in the <finger quotes> "industry" so you may have even been friends and if you WERE and you were having a bad day with your.....'memory ailment' then it might have come as a bit of a shock.

Oh honey, I have no trouble remembering anything. My memory is on point.

You should know after sitting in the back seats of one of my many stadium shows during my international tours; 30+ years of songs to remember across an illustrious career!

But poor you dining with your cat... I gather nobody needs help typing any more? You should try something called "Typing of the Dead", the title sums up your career (and Whitney) rather well.

If you do tire of eating Purina, Mabel usually puts food scraps out the back door for the racoons, help yourself xo

How is Skye nasty?? Especially compared to Lawson, Dave and Ryan?
Skye acted like a complete shit last night. It's the same thing she did with Ryan. She asked Lawson if he knew the word, he says no he was trying to think of it himself and then she fires off a personal attack which made zero sense. He asks her why she's being rude and then she starts with the talking over him and all the noooooooooooooo's. The only thing she didn't do was put her fingers in her ears and start singing. Even her supposed zinger was a fail because it had nothing to do with what she had twisted the conversation to. With all of the HMs saying the same thing about her, it was only a matter of time until BB finally showed in full what she's really like in that house.

I've just rewatched that scene and it was clear from the start that she was in the mood to rip someone a new one.

At first it seemed like David would be her target, but that failed. Then Lawson jumped in so she attacked him instead, and even that failed which is why she walked out. She's feeling threatened, hence the "favourite" label she tried to put on Dave, and I assume this will lead to her latching onto Ryan.

This is the side of her the other HMs have been talking about and I want to see more of it. She needs to go.

I'm no fan of Lawson by any means, but everything he said to Skye was on point.

But having said all that, I noticed in the intro Mike Goldman refers to it as "Skye takes on Lawson and WINS!"

This says it all really. They're (BB) still trying to paint her in a good light. A winner's edit, pretty much. Ugh.

I've just rewatched that scene and it was clear from the start that she was in the mood to rip someone a new one.

She tries it each time she is up for eviction.

But having said all that, I noticed in the intro Mike Goldman refers to it as "Skye takes on Lawson and WINS

They think she won because she mentioned Lawson's girlfriend.

I can't stand Mike Goldman, never have.

Funny though how when Skye "attacks" people she always does it alone. Yet when David or Ryan took her on, it was with others on their side. The David Priya confrontation was about just that, a whole group chanting at Priya and that is what she was upset about. People shot her down too. Skye defends herself in her own way. I still stand by her until she proves me wrong.

I think Skye's shot about his girlfriend was nasty. It completely was irrelevant. I hate people who point score by being hurtful like that.

Oh god, thank you for pointing that out. This was exactly what I was thinking - what a low blow that was.

I thought the entire thing was just a joke, Lawson trying to press her buttons and pretending he was serious, and Skye trying to get the drop on him. She couldn't get the drop on him, hated that she couldn't, and then used the girlfriend line. That was the WHOAA moment. Any context of the conversation being a joke was brought out of line right there. It's not an excuse to say Cheating Is Wrong So It Was Okay (which is another story). You don't bring something as serious as that into a conversation that's only intended as humour, even if you're the target. It's not cool.

That conversation, more than anything else on the show, has shown us something about Skye - she needs to get her way. Even in the diary room afterwards about how she thought he was evil... that's so childish. I can remember Lawson in particular talking about this attitude before but had never really seen it (other HMs might have mentioned it as well, I'm not sure). Looking back to some other things like the hotel task, it makes a lot of sense now.

It's a shame because I think Skye is generally a pretty good housemate, but that kind of crap could lose her a lot of points.

Funny though how when Skye "attacks" people she always does it alone. Yet when David or Ryan took her on, it was with others on their side. The David Priya confrontation was about just that, a whole group chanting at Priya and that is what she was upset about. People shot her down too. Skye defends herself in her own way. I still stand by her until she proves me wrong.
Priya had a reason to be upset and dealt with it with a mature, well articulated conversation. Skye's plan to put people down, (for no reason I could see apart from realising she may not be the 'favourite') backfired, so she lashed out with a low blow. And that's what I didn't like about it.

Back