Skip to main content

Post BB - Housemate Antics 2013 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
tee_smyth
3 hours ago
Super excited to announce my involvement with #TheSims4 launch! Check out my interview in the latest @girlfriendmag out now!

10593301_638714102908792_522167429_n.jpg

Cool, can we block Tully's exits in the kitchen and set fire to the oven in this one?

tim dormer ‏@timdormer 1m
CANT WAIT! @AustraliaZoo 2mrw to celebrate tiger cubs bday & announce a new role as a Wildlife warrior ambassador! http://bit.ly/1tnAliT

Big Brother’s Tim Dormer is going croc hunting with Bindi Irwin

• 6 hours ago August 21, 2014 12:01PM
005270-f9b28030-28e4-11e4-a134-cf54b9daa685.jpg

Crikey ... Big Brother winner Tim Dormer is heading bush next month for a croc-hunting holiday with the Irwin family. Picture: Tim Marsden Source: News Corp Australia

IN what may be the strangest holiday ever, reigning Big Brother winner Tim Dormer will next month camp out in the bush and hunt crocodiles with Terri, Bindi and Robert Irwin.

On the surface, Dormer and the Irwins couldn’t have less in common — he’s the loud and outrageous reality television star, and they’re a wholesome family of animal lovers.

But Dormer, who describes the late Steve Irwin as his “idol”, is studying a Bachelor of Biodiversity and Conservation and has a passion for animal protection.

BIG BITE: Big Brother winner Tim Dormer attempts to sell wisdom teeth, fails

MASTER STRATEGIST: How Big Brother winner Tim Dormer played and won the game

In a few weeks’ time, he and the Irwins will head to Cape York in Queensland to spend several days catching, tagging and releasing crocodiles at the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve.

006226-a8abdde4-28df-11e4-a134-cf54b9daa685.jpg

Wildlife warriors ... Bindi, Terri and Robert Irwin have carried on the conservation efforts of the late Steve Irwin. Source: Supplied

It’s part of the family’s ongoing conservation efforts and will aid a University of Queensland research project.
“I don’t know what to expect but Terri has promised she’s going to have me jumping on a big giant croc,” Dormer said.

“It’s going to be wild. I can’t wait.”

Tim Dormer's nudie run

The bizarre trip came about after Dormer met the Irwins at a function at Australia Zoo, where Terri brought up the idea of some time in the bush.

“She joked about taking me with them to catch crocs and I told her I’d love to do that,” he said. “Next thing, it was happening. So I’m going croc catching with the Irwins. It’s random.”

005324-06e63544-28e5-11e4-a134-cf54b9daa685.jpg

Animal lover ... Dormer is a passionate animal enthusiasts and is studying conservation at university. Source: News Limited

The move will now see the curly haired ladies’ man become an ambassador for the family’s Wildlife Warriors organisation, which champions conservation efforts.

Since that first meeting, Dormer said he had grown close with the Irwins, particularly 16-year-old daughter Bindi, who he now considers a close friend.

FAMILY LEGACY: Bindi Irwin’s heartbreaking birthday wish

“She’s an inspiration to me. Bindi is someone who dedicates her life to a cause and is using her public profile to have a positive impact. She’s amazing.”

Since leaving the Big Brother house last year, Dormer has spent time working in TV and radio. His dream would be combining his passion for wildlife with a media career.

006280-964d407a-28df-11e4-a134-cf54b9daa685.jpg

Legacy lives on ... the late great Steve Irwin with wife Terri and daughter Bindi pictured in 2002. Source: News Corp Australia

But for now, he will continue his association with the vehicle that made him a household name — reality TV.
The week after his outback adventure, the new season of Big Brother launches and it’s rumoured he will play an active role in the production.

While he wouldn’t comment on how involved he will be, Dormer confirmed there had been discussions with producers.

“I’ll have a part to play, even if they don’t want me to,” he laughed.

crocodile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back