Skip to main content

"You are all playing the game" - nope

Poxy

Big brother said last night they are all "playing the game". Nope this lot are hopeless, I cant see any pacts forming, not too many leaders either.

Bitch Boy Benjamin is the only one really playing the game with his "divide and conquer" strategy. Why arent the "blokey" boys forming a pact to vote for the others, or the girls.

They can do this without breaking the rules. They just need a leader to say "we want our group to be here til the end" and the voting flows from there ...

I'm not sure that actual game playing is all that common. The standard trope is for HMs to think of themselves as being authentically themselves. I not sure that even Ben is playing the game. It just looks to me like he's a loud, opinionated personality who gets in peoples faces and has influence.

The only serious game players from BB history who come to mind are Michael, BB5 and Paul BB4, mainly pot-stirrers rather than strategists, and Tim BB5. Tim Brunero stated after leaving that he was playing the game 100% of the time. As runner-up of his season, he was by far the most successful.

I don't see Ben as operating with as much calculation as Tim. He does appear to be thinking about HMs though, so maybe there is something going on with him. It was interesting hearing him identify George as a pot plant to BB in the DR.

[MENTION=2181]Poxy[/MENTION], BB Said they're all playing the game as a reminder that they're all contestants in the game that is Big Brother, not suggesting that all the HMs are engaging in some kind of mindfuckage.

Because they're all spineless.
As I have said previously, Ben is extremely aggressive and intimidating if he has a problem with someone and people are trying to enjoy their time in the house not make it more stressful so they let shit happen.

If Ben were to have one of these boys (Josh or George) in the firing line then I suspect it would change, but because things aren't directly happening to them they try and avoid confrontation of sorts.

Didn't one of them nominate Ray for playing the game, the Nominate Angie for not playing the game during the previous weeks task.

Didn't one of them nominate Ray for playing the game, the Nominate Angie for not playing the game during the previous weeks task.

It's come up in a few nominations. Playing the game seems to be a reason given when the nominating HM isn't sure of their target HMs personality, as in, they think they've perceived a mask or suspect a hidden agenda to their behaviour. It's like a stock phrase for expressing trust issues.

It's come up in a few nominations. Playing the game seems to be a reason given when the nominating HM isn't sure of their target HMs personality, as in, they think they've perceived a mask or suspect a hidden agenda to their behaviour. It's like a stock phrase for expressing trust issues.

No but someone specifically mentioned Ray was playing the game when they nominated him. Then nominated Angie for not playing the game the previous week with the two house challenge.

No but someone specifically mentioned Ray was playing the game when they nominated him. Then nominated Angie for not playing the game the previous week with the two house challenge.

Yeah, I understand that. I'm sure I've heard more than one HM use it. It seems to be not uncommon but without going back over previous nominations I can't cite specific cases. I'm pretty sure it was Josh this time round. As usual the reason wasn't well articulated and on further prompting it sounded like his problem was that he thought Ray wasn't being himself or sufficiently authentic or something.

Angie not playing the game, from memory, was more about not taking the task seriously enough.

Back