big brother 2014

• YES

Votes: 114 78.1%
  • NO

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • undecided

Votes: 18 12.3%

• Total voters
No. Not in it's present corrupted form. Completely agree, Tim. Being constantly disappointed in what they're no longer doing makes me angry and sad.

Fix it, or F@*K OFF! ;)

I'm also surprised but I guess the teens that vote don't know or remember what the show used to be.

Ah well. Unless NINE or another network are prepared to take the REAL risks, I'm just not really interested anymore. :(

This is all fair enough. But the current format is still rating! 950k last night and consistently high in the demos all season.

Unfortunately, this is exactly NINE's excuse for maintaining it in it's present form. No offense intended, bleachy :)

Of course I'd like to see it back but it needs more of the live format / streaming and more adult content. I don't mean sexual content but more adult and mature discussions, themes, etc. A bit of a blend of the channel 10 /9 and something you'd see on SBS. Perhaps SBS should take it on. Get a good mix of cultures, ages and minds in there. We don't need all the games - we need to watch the housemates interact for better or for worse.

remember when toilet paper used to become an issue? and coffee?

I have to admit... I actually don't miss the endless toilet paper conversations. At times I was thinking "For the love of God, give these people toilet paper so they will talk about something else".

Unfortunately, this is exactly NINE's excuse for maintaining it in it's present form. No offense intended, bleachy :)

(None taken) .... and of course it is. What I am saying is that whilst there is a strong sense of nostalgia amongst some here, commercially there are enough people who actually do appreciate this format that makes it viable and sustainable. I believe it will be back next year and even if it is the same format I will watch it and so will enough people to keep it on air.

A star now filter. Every applicant who doesn't state their (main, previous or otherwise) occupation to be a model / actor and has a star now profile gets rejected. Sick of housemates hiding the fact that they want to be professionals in these fields and are (probably) only on BB to make their career grow.

Agree 100% .
Yes I would like BB but with some changes.
No BB favouring one HM like Bradley last year and Ben this year.
Intruders - forget them. It has become boring and predictable. Maybe have intruders that stay for a few days/week (like Justynn) cause havoc then bugger off - no hope of becoming a HM.

I would love to see BB back next year like someone else here said any BB is better than no BB.
Next year I would like to see the BB shop return instead of the HMS writing down their shopping on a white board. Also I would love to see the chores return like housekeeper, shopper/chef and all the other ones.
Obviously a live stream of some sort would be ideal but I won't be holding my breath on that one.
I have to be honest here I know some people on here don't like the direction that the show has taken on ch9 but reality shows need to evolve over time to remain fresh. If the show this year was the same as the 2003 series I highly doubt that the show would rating like it has been. We have to remember that in 2001 BB was the first reality show that an Australian network had produced and at the time it was something new and exciting, unfortunately now our commercial networks are over run with reality shows/competitions and that the general viewing audience won't be happy or entertained to watch what we here on BBB consider to be classic BB.
Does anyone remember when in the 3rd season of survivor they did the first tribe switch and fans were not happy about it at all. People were saying that that was not survivor. Now look after 27 season of survivor the show is still going thanks to the show and game evolving.
I'm not trying to defend all the stupid twist and changes that the show has made over the 2 years its been on ch9. I like most people on here hate this bullshit "family friendly" crap that the show has become. I even was called a keyboard warrior by someone on twitter because I tweeted to someone who said that they let their 4yo watch the show and I tweeted that kids should not be watching BB.
Yes like I said the show has to evolve over time to remain relevant but the complete lack of enforcing the rules this year is doing my fucking head in. And don't get me started on the "holiday" that is being provided for these people. I want to see them suffer. Next year I would love the producers to bring back the old classic tasks that cause suffering for the HMs. It seems to me that who ever is coming up with this years tasks need to be fired. Perhaps they should just do old tasks from the ch10 days.
What I do like about this season is how nominations work with the chamber, BB telling the nominees how many points they have received and the swap and save.
But at the end of the day I'm just a loyal fan who has been watching the show from the start. I and no one else here work for the show, So we can open as many threads and write as many posts as we want on how we think BB should be but that probably won't give us what we want.
If the way the show is now is all we have I say enjoy it and be thankful that we have it at all.

I actually voted yes. But I agree with Tim. I guess I was just to scared to admit it

Best outcome for us at home would be if 9 are caught out for the deceptive crap.

Hopefully they may just go too far - and get busted; then BB is given to another station for 2014.

Would love to see 10 or somebody, do a documentary about 10 BB/RTV and how 9 used to shaft them all the time in ACA.

Terms and Conditions of Big Brother Voting are in themselves illustrative the shady things that can happen behind the scenes:

38. Southern Star reserve the right at its sole discretion to invalidate, discount or disqualify any
Votes (or individuals casting Votes):
d. That Southern Star or the Voting Service Provider consider to be manipulative,
unrepresentative, disproportionate, obscene or offensive.

^ just how exactly they are going to determine all this from a text msg with a name in it is beyond me

I know it's a legal document that's meant to cover any and all bases but it reads like they can basically decide who they want to win and use this as a get out of jail free card.

This is all fair enough. But the current format is still rating! 950k last night and consistently high in the demos all season.

That's because we have a whole generation that believes The Hills and The Only Way is Essex et al are actually reality shows :p

Return it if they can give us some form of uplate back on regularly. I really thought that was going to be a condition of it returning this year but we've been getting less access to bb than we did last year.

Yes, obviously, but I've gone off it this year so many changes need to happen. Less of these pretty actors and more real people, especially older ones!!

Re. the voting conditions: I agree the wording is a bit stupid, but in essence it just allows them to void power-voting blocs - if too many people vote for the same person several times in a very small area of the country, the excessive votes trigger a spam blocker.

The Big Brother we have now is no where near as good in comparison to the old one, but it's Big Brothere nonetheless. Prefer this to nothing as I love the idea and would love a chance to audition which would be next year!

I voted yes because shitty BB is better than no BB but in it's current form, I am really struggling to tune in each night. I am praying some miracle occurs and it returns to Channel 10 next year with a live stream and Uplate show. I just hate how Alex M tells all these lies. He says they are looking for every day Australians/people you would look at and say "there is zero chance they will be selected" and yet every year half the housemates have a acting/modelling background. I also hate how Alex says he would love nothing more than for the show to go back to its pure form but it just would not rate. I honestly don't think he would. I think he loves the current gimmicky shit that airs every night.

He says "he would love for the show to return to its pure form but he needs to make both sides happy, the die hard fans and the fans who just want the gimmicky side". He does not make both sides happy though. He caters for the 12 year olds who love shows like confidential and ignores the die hard fans. Watching old episodes on Channel 10 just makes me dislike this version of the show even more and remind me just how good the old days were and just how shit the Channel 9 show is. I am really struggling to maintain my interest in the show at the moment because the reason I love BB is because it is like no other show however since it has moved to Channel 9, the show is no different to Home and Away and Neighbours.

Live streaming that is all I want. I want to see more of what happens in the house. I want to see maybe 30 minutes non stop filming. I don't mind if it is not interesting, I just want the story to continue, not bits of it.

Well, considering this is a Big Brother forum I'm thinking majority of people will say yes... it's not exactly an unbiased sample.

I dunno, a lot of people here don't seem to like the show.

I'd like to see no fauxmances or bromances next year.

i voted no. the editing this year, the force-fed lovestory narratives, the event-centric shows, the crap hosting, the gimmicky marketing... it's all added up to just be too much.

the one major improvement over the past is the casting. i actually think this had the potential to be the most interesting cast ever. and while there have been stand out moments, and tim will go down as one of the best HMs ever, I think the production sapped the life from them.

i don't see myself watching it next year if alex/ch 9 do more of the same. as I said elsewhere, I'm not falling for marketing "most <blah> ever". i need the proof of change that only a proper live feed can provide - anything else I will believe to be merely lip service and salesmanship

the one major improvement over the past is the casting. i actually think this had the potential to be the most interesting cast ever. and while there have been stand out moments, and tim will go down as one of the best HMs ever, I think the production sapped the life from them.

AMEN, this would have been the best BB by far if the production was like its earlier years

Back