Votes: 114 78.1%
  • NO

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • undecided

Votes: 18 12.3%

• Total voters

timboland

REMEMBER BIG BROTHER IS ALWAYS WATCHING
would you like to see big brother return in 2014 and what would you like to see change or do different

Well, considering this is a Big Brother forum I'm thinking majority of people will say yes... it's not exactly an unbiased sample.

But of course my answer is yes. Crappy Big Brother is ultimately better than none, although the magic of the show seems to have disappeared.

It would be great if TPTB would respond to fan requests, namely live feed, or at least a more live feel to the show.

As much as it shits me sometimes, I am addicted to it and look forward to it each year.

Well, considering this is a Big Brother forum I'm thinking majority of people will say yes... it's not exactly an unbiased sample.

But of course my answer is yes. Crappy Big Brother is ultimately better than none, although the magic of the show seems to have disappeared.

It would be great if TPTB would respond to fan requests, namely live feed, or at least a more live feel to the show.

yeah i kinda thought of that after i did it lol :p

I'm going to get in trouble for this.

No.

I don't think BB should come back next year.

It's been milked to the end of its life in Australia.

It's morphed too far from the original format.

And Alex shows no intention of bringing it back to its glory days. He's had two years to prove it but yet we're still watching his trashy kindergarten soap opera.

I would like live streaming next year. They should utilise the internet more.

i was thinking that if they really wanted to get more ratings which is what they want look at the technology that is out there they could have made a live feed and made it a low cost people would pay to see it 24/7 and what about an app 65% of australians have smart phones there is lots of things they could have done different that i would have liked to see

No.

And Alex shows no intention of bringing it back to its glory days. He's had two years to prove it but yet we're still watching his trashy kindergarten soap opera.

I agree about Alex. No one is interested in the media spin/production of this series. It's such a shame. It's taken all the authenticity out of the concept and by continually putting famewhores/wannabes in the cast, takes all the reality out of "reality". I love the show and the concept but bring it back to the glory days of just watching people living in a house together. Uncut, Uplate - all access. Not just the highly edited and manipulated version that gets pumped out at the whim of the producers.

Yep, completely agree.

No.

so true i remember my parents always let me watch up late and i would always make sure my homework was done so they i could watch it but big brother will never be the same.

Yes, but with little twists and less choppy editing.

Oh, and no useless intruders, like Nathan/Justynn - I mean, come on...they add them in and friggin' evict one the next week (so unfair)!? No wonder one will feel 'left out' and stuff. So add an intruder or two, and keep them in until their official eviction (through nomination). Oh, add the intruders in like day 30, not day 50-ish.

It's a waste adding 2 intruders and then removing one a week later. Waste of housemates and their credibility (Justynn and Nathan seemed more like 'guests' now, without having the ability to nominate others).

A star now filter. Every applicant who doesn't state their (main, previous or otherwise) occupation to be a model / actor and has a star now profile gets rejected. Sick of housemates hiding the fact that they want to be professionals in these fields and are (probably) only on BB to make their career grow.

On the topic of technology I have *zero* confidence in there being any sort of live internet or television feed ever again. Channel Nine and Alex have made it very clear they are very comfortable just flogging the pre-edited daily show format.

They are also very worried about unscripted events happening - just look at how they handled Nathan walking (by cutting the text feeds completely). They won't consider any type of truly live format.

A star now filter. Every applicant who doesn't state their (main, previous or otherwise) occupation to be a model / actor and has a star now profile gets rejected. Sick of housemates hiding the fact that they want to be professionals in these fields and are (probably) only on BB to make their career grow.

Love this!

Yes but with a very different arrangement to the one they have now to get the ratings.

Not unless there's a complete clearing-out of the current producers. It's true Alex is the 'face' of the producers, but ultimately nothing will change unless we get rid of all of them and start fresh.

I miss the old format and live streaming, we have to make judgements on Housemates based entirely on their editing and who they are promoting to win the show or so they can make money with the voting.
I voted to end Big Brother. I wont miss it if it didnt come back next year.

I do want it to return... but not in it's current format, which pretty much means not on Ch 9.

The lack of excitement has got nothing to do with the choice of housemates. I'm sure there is no end of things going on in the house this year that we would all be interested in. Fact is, we're just not going to see them. I actually think it has been very well cast this year... don't let the editing fool you. They're not boring housemates. Anything they do that is shocking, or interesting, or controversial... is going to be too shocking, interesting, and controversial for Ch 9. It would all be going on though.

Channel 10 pushed the envelope just a little too far, which was constantly putting the show at risk. It's gone from an almost R-Rated version of BB, to this Mary Poppins version. If it could come back closer to the way it was on Ch 10, but just taken down one notch from anything that's going to make the Prime Minister say "get this stupid programme off the air"... then we'd have a good show again.

a star now filter. Every applicant who doesn't state their (main, previous or otherwise) occupation to be a model / actor and has a star now profile gets rejected. Sick of housemates hiding the fact that they want to be professionals in these fields and are (probably) only on bb to make their career grow.
^this

Back