Skip to main content

Would you have taken the money?/ reasons

Would you haven taken the money? Why or why not?

• Yes - because 10 grand would be very useful

Votes: 49 74.2%
  • Yes - (other reason)

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • No - I'd feel too guilty

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • No - I couldn't have handled going without food for that long

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • I would've taken the 1,000

Votes: 2 3.0%

• Total voters
Yes! Considering Jade, who came second got that amount, definitely yes! Considering last years was edited to perceive hms in a certain way and therefore some will be subjected to humiliation when they leave the house- Yes! I most certainly would have taken the money. I want to be there for the social aspect, but nothing wrong with benefitting from the experience too.

I like food and I NEED food - I'm on a special diet. I need iron, calcium, protein and such.

I guess if I was obese I would've chosen the money. Shakes would be good for these kind of people...

Of course, guaranteed $10,000 in a game of uncertainty! and knowing the others are fit and healthy enough, and Big Brother having a duty of care for anyone who has dietary requirements/needs would have to be looked after, of course, yeah the other housemates will be hangry but its a week, I would of taken it without a second thought

The odds suggest that you will NOT win Big Brother when you are one of sixteen unknown housemates. Guaranteeing yourself and your initial partner $10,000 each = YOU BOTH WIN NO MATTER WHAT ( when compared to the other 13 housemates who win sweet FA ),,,Share the wealth,,,,,If they could, when 5 left, u just know that they would take $50,000 each on a deal. Log gone are the days of $1,000,000 prizemoney or CARS & holidays etc ......$250,000 to ONE random? Nope,,,,,,take the 10k girls, everyday of the week. And lose a few kilos of those asses on health shakes... another win!!

Yes! Pretty much what @Sweetgeek said. You'd have to be a fool to turn down 10k when it's (literally) handed to you on a platter. There is no guarantee that you would survive the first week anyway, let alone make it to the final, better to come away with something than nothing. Also the whole dynamic the week without food would bring up. It wouldn't bother me, sustagen is my friend as it is, but it would be so interesting observing those dynamics.

I don't think either of them were not taking the money, so the drama created with the apparent uncertainy didn't seem real to me. And the other two choices seemed a bit pointless. The main interest really is the aftermath of it with the others. Priya's reasoning about using some reverse psychology seemed disingenious as well, I really hope BB aren't about to try and build her up as some 'mastermind', I've had enough of that kind of edit on the US version. Both of them seem like they could be good HMs but I hope it keeps real.

I would say take their food away regardless of money and see which one cracks first and quits ... my odds just got better.

Throw $10,000 in and its a no-brainer

ANNNNDDD
If BB is handing over 8% of the prize money on the first night then I would be thinking sure as hell by day 80 that $250,000 is going to be A LOT LESS
(might as well get what you can now)

Last edited:
Yes, I would take it without a second thought. Even the $250k prizemoney (or whatever it is these days) is hardly enough to set you up for life, and chances of winning all or part of that near the end are slim anyway.

Pryia and Katie have no way of knowing what the public think, so they will have to suffer the housemates complaints, however as a watcher most opinions I've heard over the last few says suggest a higher percentage of people would have taken it - naturally the other HM's will put them up for nomination in the first round, but unless Katie and Pryia do something to piss off viewers between now and nominations, the voting public might try to save them from eviction as they may sympathise with their situation.

There will be complaints from other HM's about the lack of food, sure, but the HM's may also be grown up enough to realise that it is a game show, they will be set tasks, and many of them are probably thinking how they would have done the same thing.

Katie is obviously more concerned with what people will think of her, but Pryia obviously there to play the game.

Yes definitely. The other choices were bullshit, a grand for three days or go an extra four days and get ten grand? Yeah ok.. I was with Priya, I'd have made the decision right there, no need to sleep on it. Ten grand pocketed, you've become a part of a storyline so more airtime for you, and you might stir up some shit with other housemates fighting if they start getting angry.

To be honest, my first answer was no!
But I believe if I had Priya by my side she would of tempted me to have it...
Obviously 10k is great, and I don't know why I would say no... I guess it's because of my 'image'
Katie got manipulated and ended up with 10k, Priya is good!

Looking on from outside - I'd take the $10K for numerous reasons, but mostly cause it creates drama and makes good TV.

In reality? I dunno. It would depend on how I judged my chances, how much I cared about my fellow HMs etc.

I would not have taken the 10 grand.

I think it puts a target on you and others will hold a grudge leading to nomination right at the front and potentially subsequent weeks.

Myself, I know if I was in there I'd probably get a bit lost in the edit, not stand out early on with all the big personalities early on in the series. So why people may like me, they would probably be less inclined to vote to save me as they haven't got a chance to get to know me and how wonderful, funny and entertaining I actually am :) So I would try and avoid getting nominated as my prime strategy early on.

Taking the money puts a target on you early on for being nominated and people may hold a grudge. It will piss people off and they will see me as someone in it for themselves. It potentially could drive a barrier between myself and other housemates while they are bonding and friendships and groups are forming.

In this situation, we don't know how the voting will work, I assume people are nominated as a pair but voted out individually. So Katie has a strong chance of going if she is up against Priya. So in this situation I'd be considering how it'll affect nominations.

Secondly I would be in big brother not to win, not to get money but for the experience. So looking as, 'oh what can I get' would not be my main goal. 10 grand would be nice but it's not going to be life changing and besides student loans I don't have any debts. Although under this government I may be in a quicker need to pay them off than currently, but we'll leave that aside for now.

I would want to stay in the house as long as I could, so there is also a trade off off, yeah it's 10grand and more over all, but the longer I stay the more money I get. So yeah 10 grand now, but I may still get 5 grands and two months more of the experience, so that'd lessen the impact of, oooh 10 grand.

Even though a lot of people tended to disagree with Priya's methods of persuading Katie to take the 10k, I think her reasoning was pretty spot on - anyone else would have done the exact same thing had they been in their position. Had I been in their position, I would have taken it, if not just for the controversy it caused and the spotlight it shown on me as a housemate; Priya will be the main storyline of today's daily show and she'll gain a lot of followers from her moves.

Absolutely yes. This is a game, not real life. You'd be starting out on the wrong foot not to play it, IMO. Take it and give it to charity if that helps with the guilt. ;)

I would've taken it because I'm sure living in that house gets mundane after day one or two.
Creating drama is one way of spicing things up.

100% yes,
given a chance to walk away with money is perfect, even more so if you don't last that long during the season.

I wouldn't take it lol not even if it was just me involved
You only get one chance to live that experience and I've tried living off shakes for 4 days and took weeks to get rid of the resulting headache I was in bed for days

How much did Jade get for finishing second last year? Based on what hms in the past Ch 9 (bunch of tight arses) series have got I think it was a wise choice

Back