Skip to main content

Would Tim enjoy new season of "Ja'mie" on ABC1 ?

derspatz

non green multiple site donor
Awesome site donor
Never heard of it ?

See: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/art...ries-after-jamie/story-e6frg8n6-1226744672998

jamie.jpg

AT almost 40, Chris Lilley admits it can be a little "weird" playing a narcissistic schoolgirl, but if the comedian gets his way he'll be pushing the boundaries even further as he enters middle age. - See more at: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/art...y-e6frg8n6-1226744672998#sthash.IGW7yo9z.dpuf

and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ja'mie_King

Ja'mie King
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Not to be confused with Jamie King.
Ja'mie King
Portrayed by Chris Lilley
Created by Chris Lilley
[show]Family

Ja'mie Louise King (/dʒəˈmeɪ/ jə-MAY) is a fictitious character from Australian comedy series We Can Be Heroes: Finding The Australian of the Year, Summer Heights High and Ja'mie: Private School Girl, portrayed by actor Chris Lilley. According to both shows the character of Ja'mie is age 17 and lives in Kirribilli in the North Shore of Sydney, New South Wales,[1] but was born in South Africa. Chris Lilley has performed as this character outside of television, notably on Australian radio's Triple J Today Today show, and has presented an ARIA Award in character.

Lilley portrays Ja'mie as the stunning but atrocious, narcissistic and callous[2] high school girl in Year 12 at Hillford Girls' Grammar School, a fictional private school on Sydney's North Shore. The character was developed by Lilley with the assistance of comedian Ryan Shelton.[3] Lilley developed the characters mannerisms by using recorded interviews with private schoolgirls and also eavesdropping.[3][4] Lilley states that he didn't want teenage girls to watch it and think "that's such an older guy's view of teenagers".[1]

:D

regarDS

OMG I loved the season priemere!

So funny. I knew Ja'mie was rich but not elevator in the house rich!

This is a Ja'mie appreciation thread right?

Sadly I think it's more sinister. I know the first thing that popped in my head when I saw this thread! One closes, sadly another one opens!

South African blood diamonds rich ? ;) :)

regarDS

Sadly I think it's more sinister. I know the first thing that popped in my head when I saw this thread! One closes, sadly another one opens!

OK well in that case this thread is hereby rechristened...

.THE JA'MIE KING
tumblr_liad29BbY71qcz72no1_500.gif

...APPRECIATION THREAD

OK well in that case this thread is hereby rechristened...

.THE JA'MIE KING
tumblr_liad29BbY71qcz72no1_500.gif

...APPRECIATION THREAD

AMEN!!!! I liked it but I didn't love it. My favourite part for some reason was scene where the girls walk to the lounge room and "Mandy" the assistant is massaging daddy's shoulders - is she really JUST an assistant?

AMEN!!!! I liked it but I didn't love it. My favourite part for some reason was scene where the girls walk to the lounge room and "Mandy" the assistant is massaging daddy's shoulders - is she really JUST an assistant?

The assistant is definitely more quiche than the mum that's for sure.

Possibly. Do you think Dad is sleeping with the his PA?!

Well, apparently he's not his "daughter's" slave/servant, but perhaps that doesn't apply re: the PA.

A bit too obvious though ... but I guess there is no need for subtly given the presumed target audience.

What with my missus being a teacher at a private school, far too much of the show (created from interviews and "eavesdropping", apparently) is confirmed as true, mind you.

A pity about all the swearing and disrespecting of parents/adults, yes ?

regarDS

Well, apparently he's not his "daughter's" slave/servant, but perhaps that doesn't apply re: the PA.

What with my missus being a teacher at a private school, far too much of the show (created from interviews and "eavesdropping", apparently) is confirmed as true.

A pity about all the swearing and disrespecting of parents/adults, yes ?

regarDS

Oh it's true. I was reminded of my own school days with Ja'mie's attack on the boarders. No one like boarders.

This doesn't start in the US until November. I can't wait. I loved Summer Heights High. Jonah was the shit. lol

Got great ratings! - 924,000 & #1 in 18-49 demographics & 18-49 demographics and #3 in 25-54 demographics

This doesn't start in the US until November. I can't wait. I loved Summer Heights High. Jonah was the shit. lol

I adored Jonah. That was a truly wonderful show and demonstrated Lilley's comic genius at full force.

Unfortch I don't think Ja'mie quite hit the spot last night but I'll keep watching it.

Back