Skip to main content

Would anyone else like Sonia Kruger replaced?

Sheep

Awesome site donor
Sorry if she is an aussie icon... I had no idea who she was until last year but I really don't think she is cut out for a Big Brother enviroment. She finds it pretty hard to roll with the punches and she doesn't seem to connect with the crowd very well, thinking on her feet isn't her strongest suit.

It all just seems a bit off... I would like to see her replaced with someone who can actually adlib and make sense while she is doing it. Even her smile seems a bit fake - very very put on. She is super attractive though.

I really hope I haven't offended the entirety of Australia here! I liked Gretel, she was much more natural.

yeh i wouldn't mind her replaced but then i do like seeing what she wears every week ;)

i don't know if it's a channel 9 thing but Gretel kept up with the show a hell of a lot more than sonia

Yes!

I love her on Mornings. But I just find her so stale on Big Brother. She needs to loosen up and not be so afraid to go off script.

I could not stand Sonia last year but I feel as though she is becoming more comfortable in her role as host. Yes she is not so good with thinking on her feet it seems. I know she co-hosted DWTS but I've never seen that show. But people on here have said she was a better host on DWTS than BB.

If Sonia were to go and from all the people on Channel 9 that could replace her I can't think of any that I would like to see as a host.

I know this is a little off topic but if Australia were to ever get another version of Survivor I would love to see Matt Doran host (he does the news on Channel Ten). he gives me a younge Jeff Probst vibe and I have a little crush on him.

yeh i wouldn't mind her replaced but then i do like seeing what she wears every week ;)

i don't know if it's a channel 9 thing but Gretel kept up with the show a hell of a lot more than sonia

Gretel had a lot more opportunities to express her own opinions than Sonia currently does.

Gretel had a lot more opportunities to express her own opinions than Sonia currently does.

Maybe that is why they picked Sonia - she doesn't go off script or have a personal opinion ie. easier to control.

I know this is a little off topic but if Australia were to ever get another version of Survivor I would love to see Matt Doran host (he does the news on Channel Ten). he gives me a younge Jeff Probst vibe and I have a little crush on him.

gosh i love him so much i wouldn't care if he couldn't string a sentence together

Sonia was soooo great on dancing with the stars! she was home there and so funny
I love her but I don't really like her on mornings - the other host is a dud too

Gretel was all we knew for so many years so it's always hard to replace someone. But i never warmed to Gretel, the show wasn't about her but she seemed to think it was. She did ask the tough questions but i don't think that was as much to do with her as it was to do with production (she came across as rude imo). And who the fuck use to dress her, thank goodness Sonia's 'dresser' doesn't hate her like Gretels must have. I like Sonia, she is just fulfilling a role as host and doubt anything that comes out of her mouth wasn't written for her by someone else. She always looks pretty and i think that's why she is there, but if they let her loose i think she would be great, i think she's got great wit and smarts if she was only given the green light she might shine.

I disliked Gretel because she was a bit of a witch but at least she was invasive when asking HMs about their time in the house. I really miss that. It was so entertaining. Sonia is far more lovable but cringeworthy at times and just far too family friendly. I wouldn't object to replacing Sonia if it was with someone who quizzed the evictees a little more.

When I first started watching, I wasn't that keen on her as a host, but the more and more I see her hosting big brother, the more comfortable she seems to be. I also believe that if we did replace her, we'd end up hating the new host more and begging to have Sonia back. (I remember when everybody hated Gretel and now they prefer her to Sonia). The grass is always greener on the other side.

Maybe that is why they picked Sonia - she doesn't go off script or have a personal opinion ie. easier to control.

I think the difference is Gretel got to script her own interviews, and they reflected her personal opinions. That was both a strength and a weakness, especially later on when she seemed to treat every guy like scum and every girl like a heroine. Sonia largely conforms to the show's narrative, so I assume it's not her personal take on the housemates. But she can certainly improvise, if you've seen her other shows.

sonia is very stiff in her hosting bb shes out of her comfort zone i feel
Gretel was more natural in hosting bb
part of the problem is sonia's interviewing the hm's after eviction she seems lost
at what to ask them also the very sterile stage setting isn't helping last year was worse
at least she had chairs this year alex must of felt generous lol
sonia is a huge improvement on kyle & jackie o them were terrible hosting BB in 2008

I didn't like her at all last year, but I've warmed to her this year. I'd be disappointed if she left, I think she's finally getting the swing of it.

Sonia is fine. Look, she can read off an autocue without it sounding like she is doing so, which is more than I can say about a lot of other hosts. She seems nice enough, but the thing is she doesn't really bring any of herself to the show, imo. If she were sick and someone else replaced her then I don't think the vibe of the show would change much. Whereas if Gretel had ever called in sick then no one would be able to replace her efficiently. I loved Gretel's hosting style.. she was so smart and so warm, and she was totally fearless. I loved her flirting with just about every male HM and every brother, father or male friend of a HM. If Sonia's beloved autocue failed she would panic (as would most) whereas Gretel would probably laugh, make some quip about it and then improvise. I suspect she ad-libbed a fair bit, something I highly doubt Sonia did.

I like Sonia overall though.

Back