Skip to main content

Worth Watching?

Ezminus

shakespearean tragedy
Hi, so I was on a little watching spree, as you can obviously tell Big Brother AU is on a hiatus, I'd like to ask which BB should I start watching? I've been around UK seasons, and rewatched the AU seasons. Don't know how I really feel about watching the USA's seasons as I'm not into their format. So I was just wondering which season you'd recommend to watch? What were some of your favourite seasons?

I enjoyed BB Canada. Even though the formula is like the US one, it seemed fresher.

Currently watching BB UK series 11... Davina really was the queen of BB. Willis doesn't even come close. This series really does feel like the end of the original UK BB. After it went to Ch5, it seemed more about fame wannabes, actors, glamour models etc. Dunno if it is... but it feels that way. Sure there were the odd ones in the Davina days, but seems 90% of them in the house are these days.

I'll still watch it and as long as this forum is here... i'll continue to moan about it.
I would have said the same until recently but it's official: my BB days are over. AU, UK or otherwise.

I enjoyed BB Canada. Even though the formula is like the US one, it seemed fresher.

Currently watching BB UK series 11... Davina really was the queen of BB. Willis doesn't even come close. This series really does feel like the end of the original UK BB. After it went to Ch5, it seemed more about fame wannabes, actors, glamour models etc. Dunno if it is... but it feels that way. Sure there were the odd ones in the Davina days, but seems 90% of them in the house are these days.
BB11 really set the template for the direction the show should have gone in if it survived beyond the axe, but C5 just simply forgot about it and pick up the show as if there was nothing wrong with it in the first place, when clearly there was much that needed reworking. It says everything that the problems the show had back then are still evident now, even though C5 have also created bigger problems to further damage the show.

try BB Canada :)

It's about the only version worth watching at the moment.
I absolutely hate the US version, but I really do enjoy the Canadian version. :)

They just seem to do it better. I can actually connect with the Housemates where in the US one I can't. :(

I've always seen the Canadian version as a subtle hybrid between the US and Australia. :D

BB11 really set the template for the direction the show should have gone in if it survived beyond the axe, but C5 just simply forgot about it and pick up the show as if there was nothing wrong with it in the first place, when clearly there was much that needed reworking. It says everything that the problems the show had back then are still evident now, even though C5 have also created bigger problems to further damage the show.

Agree with everything you said. Such a shame. I can't believe i'm saying this... but I think a break would be good. Give it a bit of a rest. People are fed up with the current format. Well I am, and i'm a massive BB fan. It's just same old, same old. Some reflection on where has it gone wrong & how can they go forward with a fresher approach might be what they need before they rinse it so much that even the die hard fans lose interest.

I absolutely hate the US version, but I really do enjoy the Canadian version. :)

They just seem to do it better. I can actually connect with the Housemates where in the US one I can't. :(

I've always seen the Canadian version as a subtle hybrid between the US and Australia. :D

I two hate the U.S. format. I can never watch more then a few episodes. It is hardly Big Brother at all. It's basically survivor. It's horrible it's boring and I don't find it enjoyable at all.

I started to watch BBUK 2006 again for the 3rd time, I absolutely love that year. It's my 2nd favorite after BBAU 2004

It really is one of the best of BBUK. I just recently watched it again for the zillionth time. Susie though.. urghh.. I have no idea why she went in there. All she did was say no & moan about everything. Glyn was a bloody legend!

It really is one of the best of BBUK. I just recently watched it again for the zillionth time. Susie though.. urghh.. I have no idea why she went in there. All she did was say no & moan about everything. Glyn was a bloody legend!
And a decade on Glyn will be standing for election to the Welsh Assembly next year in Cardiff. Also standing in the same seat is conservative scum bag Joel from the latest C5 monstrosity.

Last edited:
And a decade on Glyn will be standing for election to the Welsh Assembly next year in Cardiff. Also standing in the same seat is conservative scum bag Joel from the latest C5 monstrosity.

Glyn FTW! Wasn't a fan of Joel. However, he did have politician written all over him. Maybe that's why I wasn't keen?

Glyn FTW! Wasn't a fan of Joel. However, he did have politician written all over him. Maybe that's why I wasn't keen?
Exactly. Always been of the view that anyone wanting a career in politics, especially at such a young age, should probably not be in politics.

Back