Skip to main content

Why Travis Should Win

YoungTune

I tried this thread earlier but shit went 0 to 100 real quick and got heated so it was locked. So discuss Travis eligibility to win here.

I basically said he deserves to win for his genuine approach and the way he has treated his housemates whilst maintaining an entertaining and fun image.

He has been very supportive to a lot of the HMs, he actually has given some great advice. He always seems happy, having fun n up for a joke. He has cracked me up so much with his use of big words, his ability to laugh at himself and be the butt of jokes, he says what he thinks and he seems to be genuinely himself. Hope he wins....he has been the star for me this year.

I also agree with your summation except that I'm a badass. I do not agree with that. Cheers. Travis or Ryan for the win.

I honestly think it's 50/50 chance between him and Ryan, of course anything can happen but they must be the strongest this week

I would be very pleased with a Travis win. Travis to me seems very affable and has a real kind energy about him. I remember reading somewhere that Jason said something like he wasnt sure how a real blokey bloke like Travis would be with him and to Jason's total shock Travis wasnt just nice in conversation but also very physically affectionate towards him and would even gun to get into bed with him every morning to greet him. Just made me think he seems a very kind and not worried what others think, he just is how he is. Remember that dance task and he was grinding over some other guy and was going wild at it not only was it hilarious, it really showed that hes just about having a good time with whoever else is up for a good time. He doesn't seem obsessed with plotting against anyone else moreso just enjoying the time he has in there. Plus he loves to take the piss out of himself and others. Thats not a bad reason to win at all, he brings a really good energy to that house IMO.

I kinda like Travis but I always remember the time he insulted Ryan by saying something untoward about his sister. The look on his face at the time was pretty nasty too.

Travis is the opposite to Priya for me in that I started out opposed to him and have come to hope that he is the one who wins it.

As I posted in one of the Priya threads I jot down points for and against - most memorable positive moments and most memorable negative moments (in my opinion). Travis has been shown in a very positive light by the show this year. Even the vast majority of his flaws - his boganisms - have had a lot of positives. When Travis is the focus of a segment on the show it's generally always been something that has brought a smile to my face. Good television abounds when he's on the screen. You're in for a laugh.

Out of all of the housemates this year I believe it'd be Travis that I'd most like to have a beer or a chin wag with. At the end of the day approachability is MASSIVE!

I kinda like Travis but I always remember the time he insulted Ryan by saying something untoward about his sister. The look on his face at the time was pretty nasty too.

I think anyone nice or not can react that way when someone (Ryan) insults your family. So of course you insult their family back. From what was said after it seems ryan had been baiting Travis all night. I think it takes a real man to come to the person afterwards and apologise which is what Travis did. What I find lacking in Ryan is that he put all of the blame on Travis and never apologised for his wrong doing.

I would be very pleased with a Travis win. Travis to me seems very affable and has a real kind energy about him. I remember reading somewhere that Jason said something like he wasnt sure how a real blokey bloke like Travis would be with him and to Jason's total shock Travis wasnt just nice in conversation but also very physically affectionate towards him and would even gun to get into bed with him every morning to greet him. Just made me think he seems a very kind and not worried what others think, he just is how he is. Remember that dance task and he was grinding over some other guy and was going wild at it not only was it hilarious, it really showed that hes just about having a good time with whoever else is up for a good time. He doesn't seem obsessed with plotting against anyone else moreso just enjoying the time he has in there. Plus he loves to take the piss out of himself and others. Thats not a bad reason to win at all, he brings a really good energy to that house IMO.

^ This x 1 million!

IF a guy is meant to win this season (again, grrrr...) then yeah I guess I want Travis to take it home over Ryan. Gamewise, he's certainly not the kinda of players who's just sitting there relying on his popularity (although to be fair, objectively speaking, popularity is all it takes to win). Plus, YES, he's genuinely a NICE GUY, not gentleman-nice ala Ryan, but people-nice. That's kinda rare you know, especially in a guy. Travis is that cool neighbour that your kids love to hang out with. He's the guy you would love to have as your bartender, or hangs out with at a bar, drinking beer. As for Ryan, I just think I would not be able to get along with him since I can't even afford a bottle of beer on the place he hangs. He would have nothing to do with me and neither would I. I am not asking no nothing anyway.

Travis is the kinda person you're friends with. While Ryan is the kinda person you would love take you out on a date (I am not even talking from the "money" perspective I just think he's quite a gentleman). I would never risk going out with Travis and possibly losing a friendship near the future but I would with Ryan. If it goes well then good, if not then take care :)

I didn't like him at all at the start, but he has changed my mind. I also like his ability to laugh at himself and not take things too seriously, while still being involved. Definitely has a good attitude to life and to other people.

Whilst he's never been my favourite housemate, I wouldn't be disappointed if he won.

Unlike his biggest competitor who has an elitist "I'm above everyone" mindset, Travis seems absolutely cool with everyone. I'd go as far as saying that he's been the most genuine housemate this season.

travis will be an amazing winner! and deserves it, his ability to light up peoples faces when they are around him is great to watch. if travis wins big brother 2014 it will be masssssiv

I didn't like him at all at the start, but he has changed my mind.

This. I HATED watching him at the start, but now wouldn't mind if he won. In saying that, I don't know if he's toned down his behaviour from the full-on, look-at-me, attention-seeking, loudest-voice-in-the-room, loves-the-sound-of-his-own-voice, arrogant twat he was in the beginning...or if he's still like that and we aren't being shown. I'm hoping it's the former and not the latter.

Unlike his biggest competitor who has an elitist "I'm above everyone" mindset, Travis seems absolutely cool with everyone.

Yep. Travis doesn't judge, while I get the impression that Ryan looks down his nose at people who aren't "cool" enough.

This is my main issue with Ryan, I think he does look down his nose at people and can be quite condescending. I remember his convo with Lisa I think it was about the cool kids leaving and what were they going to do. That put me off him from the start. I really couldn't bear Travis when he first went in and did wonder why people saved him! But now I see someone who isn't cool, doesn't have an issue with that and is happy in his skin. He seems to want to get on with all and seems a genunely decent bloke. I'd be fine with him winning.

Back