Skip to main content

Why not have the entire show on GO?

As I have already explained, if the show GO!, it would be lucky to get 250k viewers. Nothing on the multichannels gets good ratings or high demos. Big Brother is not a cheap show to produce, so it needs to get decent figures in order to be profitable. If it aired on GO!, it would attract very low numbers. Therefore: If Nine put it on GO!, Big Brother would be unprofitable. That's why multichannels are mostly filled with repeats and movies, as those are cheap to buy. Repeats of TBBT and movie repeats hardly cost anything, so they can attract low ratings and still turn a profit. That's why GO! Is filled with Big Bang repeats and movie repeats. The Australian FTA networks would NEVER spend a large amount of money on a show for a digital channel. Big Brother is an expensive show. So if it's not on the main channel, then it's not on.

It's really not that hard to programme your television to have all the networks together (as in, channel 90, 91, 99). Like, seriously. I don't see what other explanation there could be for Go!/Gem not attracting enough viwers.

It's really not that hard to programme your television to have all the networks together (as in, channel 90, 91, 99). Like, seriously. I don't see what other explanation there could be for Go!/Gem not attracting enough viwers.

Big Bang Theory repeats often get over 1million viewers on Nine at 7:30pm. On Go, they struggle to stay above 300k in the same timeslot.

When The Simpsons repeats were airing at 6pm weeknights on Eleven, they were getting around 130k. When they moved to 6pm weeknights on Ten, the ratings went above 300k.

When Neighbours moved from Ten to Eleven, it lost half its audience. Same with Glee.

Big Brother usually gets between 550,000 and 700,000 most nights on Nine. If you look at the ratings for the episode on GO!, I doubt they will be anywhere near that number.

Some people just don't watch the digital channels.

I find it quicker to enter the channel number especially as memorisation comes into it, instead of scrolling but I do see your point.

It seems most Aussies are too dumb to change a TV channel.

I hate GO anyway, the picture quality is terrible, much worse than normal channel 9.

I'd rather it was on Gem, at least then it would be hd'ish.

Last edited:
Interesting format channel 9 are running with here: Nominations on a Thursday, no shows for three days ergo no watching people chew their nails whilst worrying about being the next to go (apart from a 5 minute highlight package - lol, I said package) and then Monday night evictions? It would beggar belief that this was considered common sense but then we're talking about the same network who thinks Karl Stefafuckwic is personable and boyishly charming.

Back