Skip to main content

Why does entertainment need to be negative?

darknstormy

Often people state they like watching conflict, and enjoy it like a train wreck.

But really you need balance!, Look at last night at the very end of the show, Ben was attacked by pillows by the boys in the dark, That was fun! Watching Drew and Tully is not fun, its boring as.

Even Tim one of the most entertaining does not continously provide negativity!

Really as the series goes further the conflict types get boring, Often those under the radar simply are that way as the focus will be on the negative personalities.

Does anyone think getting rid of the train wreck types can allow the others to shine a little.

BB should be fun to watch also.

Often people state they like watching conflict, and enjoy it like a train wreck.

But really you need balance!, Look at last night at the very end of the show, Ben was attacked by pillows by the boys in the dark, That was fun! Watching Drew and Tully is not fun, its boring as.

Really as the series goes further the conflict types get boring, Often those under the radar simply are that way as the focus will be on the negative personalities.

Does anyone think getting rid of the train wreck types can allow the others to shine a little.

You said you need balance but then you made it sound like you wanted to get rid of all the conflict. If there was no conflict, I'd get bored and probably stop watching. Train wrecks are the best!

I agree. I get sick of seeing all the negative conflict and would rather let some of the others have air time.

Yup I agree, I love when they end the show on a clip with the housemates having fun together, rather than bitching or fighting. I don't want to watch a house of rainbows and unicorns but evicting a few of the train wrecks would be good :eek:

Conflict is fine if it's not just pure negativity or nastiness ie discussing different opinions. I can't stand watching people bitch behind someone's back or set out to deliberately undermine/isolate another. It seems all reality TV shows think they need to have some uncomfortable to watch conflict happening in the name of ratings, it's so pervasive and blatant you can pick in advance where the points of contention will be and with who.

I much prefer the fun moments that are spontaneous than the conflict. But its normal in that environment to have issues and some of the best moments in BB history have been when there has been fights.
Its the the fake romances I dont like . So boring and many contestants have moved through the whole 3 months using someone else as a prop to help them cope. Layla last year and Tully this year.

It's the same for soap operas and dramas. Why do people enjoy watching conflict and dilemmas in those type of shows? In everything we watch there is a dilemma to be solved. If there is no dilemma, there is no story, therefore nothing actually happens. As television viewers, being entertained by conflict is in our veins. People love watching fights unravel on BB because they want to see the aftermath, do they become friends again? Or do they hold a grudge until one of them is evicted. No one tunes in to BB to see people sit and talk.

HOWEVER! In saying that, people lounging about, gossiping, whinging and making fun of other people is NOT CONFLICT. Tim and Heidi's argument earlier this week? That's conflict. There also needs to be a mix of fun and conflict though, other wise viewers just get stressed out.

Yeah, I loved last night with the boys and Ben 'ah.. Something's happening.. The insulation is falling!' Then them all frightening each other. Heaps of lolz!

agree with the OP. Conflict is ok now and then but not continuous negativity. Drama is good but not 'set up' or 'fake' drama. Tim is the perfect HM and yes that scene with the pillow fights was way more interesting than 'drainers'.

It's always been seen in past BB's that if the housemates who don't cause as much conflict and aren't as loud are there until the end, they start to come out of their shells. I honestly hate watching a house full of conflict and bitchiness. It's much better when the focus is on other things.

I do not believe that most people are interested in only conflict.Too much of anything can be boring. BBUS#15 has been nothing but conflict and bashing each other behind the others back. Not only did you want to take a shower after watching the feeds but after awhile it became so boring it was not even worth it to watch. Many have stopped, myself included. It will go down as the most hated season everrrr.

Almost every great story revolves around conflict and resolution. Good v. evil, man v. nature, etc. Almost every great story also offers comic releif, a break from the tension of the story. While BB is a game it needs to have some type of narrative to keep it interesting.

So far, and this is my first year, I think BBAU does a good balance between the fun and conflict. I do wish that they would show a little more context of the conflicts and a little less showmance.

Back