Skip to main content

Who are the 3 central housemates?

insider06

As most of you probably know, ALex has stated several times in the past that the main tactic the producers use in casting for the show is selecting 3 central housemates and selecting the rest around them to maximise story lines. In 2012 the 3 central housemates were Michae, Ben, and Bradley. I am fairly sure the 3 central housemates in 2013 were Tim, Ben, and Tahan.

It is hard to tell at this early stage but if you had to guess who would you say the central housemates are this year?

I think Jason, Skye, Priya, Jake, and Gemma all have potential to be a central character. Out of the newbies I would say Sam and Aisha have potential as well.

Edit: I just saw Pawlini's post in a different thread:

"I still believe the whole thing about Alex choosing 3 main HMs to work the show around. this year its 4 and they are the ones I mentioned Jake, Gemma, Dion & Jason.
Last year it was Tim, Ben & Tully"

Well I think whoever has the power at the time would obviously be a central housemate.
but if I had to choose 3 I would say Priya, Skye and Jason.

Priya certainly. Sam maybe as the hero. I feel like they held Gemma back a year for a reason too.

Well I think whoever has the power at the time would obviously be a central housemate.
but if I had to choose 3 I would say Priya, Skye and Jason.
I don't think Skye is going to be a diverse enough character to hold a central role. I think she's more filler. Attempted funny, flirty filler.

I think maybe Priya, Lawson and ... I don't know. I'm not very good at this. I think it's the girls year. I think maybe Sandra has potenial. Maybe Gemma as well. I'd like to see how this pans out.

EDIT

Easy. Jason, Skye and Priya.

I actually did/do like Jason. And then I realized just how much the producers were pushing him on us, so now I'm not so sure.

Ok well maybe I don't see the Skye aspect. I'm ready to be proved wrong though.

I agree about Jason too. Word for word with what you said :D I didn't chose him as a central role because I didn't think that they would chose a gay guy as a central role so many years in a row.

Ugh, I'd mentally blocked out the Jason laughing cues we'd been given over the past couple of days.

Priya, Gemma/Skye, Aisha and Jake. Still early days and as the next couple of weeks go on we'll see who's getting most screen time and most interesting housemate. It'll be interesting to see tonight's show and the edit given to Aisha whether they'll make her out to be a hard nut or not.
I think last years was probably Tim, Ben and Tahan... I think Tully may have been a surprise packet for the producer's in terms of story lines and interest with her.

It's hard to say because who we think are the "central 3" is not the same as who becomes the central 3 in the eyes of the audience.

Tim and Ben were two central characters last year. Not sure about the third being Tully. I think both Tully and Mikkayla surpassed expectations and came to the centre. When in fact, story-arc wise, Jade is the 3rd central character, which happened the moment she stepped in as one half of the fake couple.

This year? As many mentioned, right now Priya is the definite. With Skye and Jason being likely to round out the three.

Priya, definitely. There was nothing random about her being selected to be the first to enter and hence automatically head of the house. Too early to guess the other two yet.

Can people saying Gemma please clarify why they think that?
I'm just not feeling that she will be a 'central' housemate at all...

Priya, Skye and Ryan. I can see him getting involved in couple drama (or just drama in general) and becoming more central

Priya, Gemma/Skye, Aisha and Jake. Still early days and as the next couple of weeks go on we'll see who's getting most screen time and most interesting housemate. It'll be interesting to see tonight's show and the edit given to Aisha whether they'll make her out to be a hard nut or not.
I think last years was probably Tim, Ben and Tahan... I think Tully may have been a surprise packet for the producer's in terms of story lines and interest with her.
Tully even surprised her partner of 2 years. I'm sure she and Drew surprised the producers.

Remember in 2012 when Alex described how each of the characters related to Michael? Like x was as his mate, y and z were opposition, these girls were put in as love interests for these boys etc.

So, who can this cast be revolving around?

Ryan, Travis, Dion are obvious opposition. Jason is comedy relief, like Ben last year. It could be Jake, I spose. Priya is filling the same niche as Mikkayla last year, the bossy, ambitious Asian teacher.

Need more info on the way they are. I might go watch the live fee........

Back