Skip to main content

What was Tim laughing at Tahan about?

joedingles

During the pageantry, Tahan was asked something like what language would you choose if the world could only speak one. Tahan said English and it cut to Tim who started laughing. Mikkayla may have been laughing at her as well.

What was that about? maybe I wasnt paying enough attention but Tahan's answer seemed fine.

Yeah I didn't get what that was al aabout either. Came across as quite mean though. Also a difficult question to answer if your not very fluent in another language other than English. So of course it would be English considering the most popular.

I think they laughed at her saying English because they took it as her saying she doesn't want to learn another language, so eveyone should speak the one she already speaks lol

I thought the question was something like, which 2 language would she like to speak & she said English.

Because her reasoning was "English is the only language I know." On one level, this is a practical answer - but it also misses the implied point that if the whole world is speaking one language then of course you, being part of the world, would know it too.

This of course begs the question of what a better answer might be. You could say something like "Spanish, because it is the language of romance", or "French, because it sounds so beautiful and elegant", or even "Chinese, because it's spoken by the most people in the world already".

Or, for extra points, you could transcend the question with, "If the whole world spoke one language, it wouldn't matter which one it was, because it would create an enormous opportunity to bring about peace and understanding between people everywhere."

But no, she said "I only know English, so...", which I have to admit is at the very least a bit of a let down for an answer.

Because her reasoning was "English is the only language I know." On one level, this is a practical answer - but it also misses the implied point that if the whole world is speaking one language then of course you, being part of the world, would know it too.

This of course begs the question of what a better answer might be. You could say something like "Spanish, because it is the language of romance", or "French, because it sounds so beautiful and elegant", or even "Chinese, because it's spoken by the most people in the world already".

Or, for extra points, you could transcend the question with, "If the whole world spoke one language, it wouldn't matter which one it was, because it would create an enormous opportunity to bring about peace and understanding between people everywhere."

But no, she said "I only know English, so...", which I have to admit is at the very least a bit of a let down for an answer.

Yup. There was logic to her answer but essentially she missed the point of the question

Ahhh ok. I thought it was a long the line of "if you can speak one language in the world, what would it be or something ", which I thought was a stupid question. I must admit I was doing my assignment while watching though lol

It would of been hilarious if she said Sign language or Braille. That would of given me a reason to vote to save her right there!

I wasn't following it that well but it certainly seemed like the usual edit to make Tahan look stupid or something. Disliked the save montage they did for her as well, quite negative. Whereas the Ben one of course was like he was an angel virtually.

Disliked the save montage they did for her as well, quite negative. Whereas the Ben one of course was like he was an angel virtually.

OMG I'm not the only one who thinks they're trying to paint Tahan in a bad light and make Ben the "loveable" HM that will win.

Back