Skip to main content

What TWIST???

machete

Does anyone else feel this whole twist thing has been a massive fail? Split House Oooooo Never seen that in BB history, Two siblings as one housemate Ooooooo Shock! and a fake marriage wow - IS THIS IT?? Are these the BIG reason's we had to watch the build up ad's for weeks boasting that this is BB history and we would never guess the "Twist"??

Does anyone else feel this whole twist thing has been a massive fail? Split House Oooooo Never seen that in BB history, Two siblings as one housemate Ooooooo Shock! and a fake marriage wow - IS THIS IT?? Are these the BIG reason's we had to watch the build up ad's for weeks boasting that this is BB history and we would never guess the "Twist"??

You had to watch the build up ads? Have you got some sort of captivity situation going on over at your place?

You had to watch the build up ads? Have you got some sort of captivity situation going on over at your place?

Oh Sorry I was made like I had too! All I had to do is watch any channel 9 show to see it 20 times!

The twist is that it's all shit.

OMFG! I KNOW, RIGHT?! So shocked...

It's not that bad, we're getting more of the BB we asked for.
And in terms of the "Twist" you have to look at the audience they're marketing to, they're not marketing to "Us", the super fan hardcore traditionalists, they're marketing to teenagers and kids basically and I think for them, this stuff is probably all cool and new and they're probably done a decent job at wowing their intended audience so far.
We on the other hand appear to never be pleased with anything.

I think the idea of having so many people in a separate house on an ongoing basis is rather different to other BBAU shows. I don't watch the international shows so I'm not commenting on that.

I like the way they are separated with transparent bars/sheets. I reckon that's a interesting way to have the groups separate.

I found all the halves in the half way house interesting.

Anyone who gets stuck being nominated for eviction for weeks at a time would be hugely affected I think.

It was interesting to see how much it stirred things up when we have only had a week of the show so far. The conflicts have been about different issues to normal for this stage.

I thought the idea was to keep going with this split throughout the season. If they quickly change it then that will be same old same old - but if not, then it should continue to have a real impact and skew the way the house works.

i completely disagree, person who only joined this month.

we, the die-hard fans, believe it or not, are NOT the target audience.

the other million people who watch the show, wouldnt have the slightest clue of what goes on in other countries BBs, and would consider the splitting of the house to be a huge deal.

And it is!

AU hasnt done it before. and if it goes the whole season then (i believe) it would be the first anywhere in the world to do it. you can seriously see a huge effect being had on the HWHM, its messing with their heads enormously!

we're getting exactly what we wanted, a seriously messed up house that would f#%^ with the HMs minds and emotions, voiding them of luxuries, torturing them, a more diverse cast than ever.
WE GOT ALL OF IT!

stop being ungrateful f$^*#.
it could be SO much worse!

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who is actually quite impressed with the divided house?

The halfway house is awesome, it punishes the shitty housemates,makes them all stuck together in captivity, sleeping on horrible beds, food restrictions, etc etc, which will only make them grumpier and more prone to arguments, and arguments = good TV.

I am really happy with the twist this year.

The sisters and fake marriage weren't really that great, but the halfway house is gnarly.

I just hope they continue with the twists throughout the season, such as-
Revealing Ben is in fact an actor
Swapping out Matt with his twin brother for tasks
Separating the two fake twin girls (sending just one to the halfway house)
More tasks involving surley, mainly to mess with housemates heads
More fear, for example, being dropped in with eels in the water bucket..I'd like every Saturday showdown to include at least something somewhat unpleasant to push the housemates ..
Eating somewhat disgusting things, interacting with reptiles or bugs, or pain tests, like what you would see on solitary, for instance, making all the housemates sit on a tiny stool for as long as possible, until their ass aches, last man standing is the winner.
I want to see PAIN AND HUMILIATION.

we, the die-hard fans, believe it or not, are NOT the target audience.

the other million people who watch the show, wouldnt have the slightest clue of what goes on in other countries BBs, and would consider the splitting of the house to be a huge deal.

And it is!

AU hasnt done it before. and if it goes the whole season then (i believe) it would be the first anywhere in the world to do it. you can seriously see a huge effect being had on the HWHM, its messing with their heads enormously!

we're getting exactly what we wanted, a seriously messed up house that would f#%^ with the HMs minds and emotions, voiding them of luxuries, torturing them, a more diverse cast than ever.
WE GOT ALL OF IT!

stop being ungrateful f$^*#.
it could be SO much worse!

I have to disagree with you when you say that WE are not the target audience. Twists aside, if you read the comments on the BB facebook page (just everyday people) they are saying exactly the same things we are in all aspects of the show. We're not the only ones who are complaining ;)

people are far more likely to complain than to praise.
always have, always will.
look at the majority of product review sites.

even if it was the best season of bb ever, people would still complain.
cant please everyone.

and please explain how we are the target audience, and not the general public.

I think the rich/poor divide is really good, actually, although I feel like that should have been it in terms of twists. That would've been enough if it was given more focus. There was no need for the added fake marriage (although Jade and Drew should be in there I think), or the sisters and Rohan. And now with this extra nominations twist of saving and replacing, it all just gets confusing, especially with how choppy the editing is.

And we here aren't necessarily the target audience, but I think our opinions are still important. Also, most people I've spoken to who are in the target audience are finding it difficult to watch. It's not just us.

LOL Ok settle petal Gee I apologise for "just joining" and having my own opinion... I thought forums are here to discuss how WE feel...
and settle down person who only joined last year!

Back