Skip to main content

What is lacking?

darknstormy

It feels something is lacking in this series of Big Brother.
I must admit i missed 2 seasons 2008 and 2012. The last big Brother i watched fully was 2007 when Aleisha won.
I really miss the live aspect of the show.
Little things like Sunday night Evictions, FNL, and even Gretel replaced by Sonia.
Does anyone else feel something is lacking...

I remember way back in 2002 when i was at uni i was glued to live stream, In 2003 i loved Uplate, before that Uncut in 2001 the first ever episode i think was an eye opener for everyone.

Yeah, we're missing quite a bit of live content and just limited access. The fact we miss out on so much of the weekend doesn't help things either.

last few weeks have been boring for me, all the tasks have been FUN tasks housemates love since the wall went down, most get along, most are taken on the outside, most of the focus has been on a whinger (Tully) and a silly b*tch (Heidi) ... Tim being the only positive showing.

All i see are people laying on sunbeds or couches every 5 minutes. Step it up, this is ment to be different from the outside! Make it a real social experiment and play games. Split groups up, gag orders on housemates, a snap eviction on a random evening, an opposite of the presidential suite for whoever comes last in a challenge, handcuff housemates in 2's with people they dont spend time with or dont get along with! Tim +Tully handcuffed would be classic!

So much just feels so...contrived to me this year. Obviously every year (excluding Live Feed) we're just shown the bits they want us to see, but it feels so much more edited and set up. For example, the fact that the only open discussion we get is on LNF - and even then it is a contrived scenario of one night (and especially felt so set up yesterday re: what topics they should discuss and when Tully suggested playing games mid-conversation, like they were on a schedule). Lots of people have brought up the fact it would be so much better to have a collection of adult conversations from across the week, rather than some from a set up party.)

I guess just with the limited content we're shown and their skewed and often biased version of a live-feed it's Big Brother: The Editorial Edition rather than a genuine look at these people.

this is a great big brother...plenty of housemates to hate or love, lots of fun, they brought back the booze, no one needs to see gratuitous nudity because it's degrading and maybe inhibits behaviour, big brother removed the stick from his arse and instead of watching butt loads of "you aren't wearing your mike" or "you said a naughty word" ...BORING ... we get to see more of the housemates...bad seeds and all. Lurrrrve it.

The only thing that bothers me is the censorship. BB without 24/7 feeds is just... stupid. I have so many questions about the Tim vs Tahan/Caleb/Heidi altercation that happened last weekend that left Mikkayla in tears, but BB won't share the footage bar a two-minute clip online. It's stupid. If you're not going to give us live feeds and you're not going to show the footage in the daily show, at least put it on the official site so we can see what happened.

I'm also really not happy with how they've scheduled the show so that Friday/Saturday/Sunday and even Monday get hardly any airtime. It means when shit goes down, we don't get to see it.

I can't find a favourites hm. It did like drew but the tully thing has turned me off him. Tim is funny I guess. There is no one I particularly want to win yet. I am normally a big voter but have had no reason to pick up a phone this year. If it was vote to evict I am sure I would have voted tully out last week. At this stage i really don't care who wins, besides Heidi or tully, as I don't feel that connected to any of them. Maybe an intruder to win this year. More footage would be good, not of all the parties or tasks, just normal footage of their every day lives, it would be good to get to know them better naturally rather than via the contrived questions in the diary room. There have been too many parties, deprive them a bit so they appreciate the treats when they get them.

Yes, there's no sense of immediacy anymore. With half the week without shows, the removal of time indicators, nothing longer than a couple of minutes of anything being given to us, no live footage at all, you simply don't ever get to see what is going on directly with your own eyes.

So much just feels so...contrived to me this year. Obviously every year (excluding Live Feed) we're just shown the bits they want us to see, but it feels so much more edited and set up. For example, the fact that the only open discussion we get is on LNF - and even then it is a contrived scenario of one night (and especially felt so set up yesterday re: what topics they should discuss and when Tully suggested playing games mid-conversation, like they were on a schedule). Lots of people have brought up the fact it would be so much better to have a collection of adult conversations from across the week, rather than some from a set up party.)

I guess just with the limited content we're shown and their skewed and often biased version of a live-feed it's Big Brother: The Editorial Edition rather than a genuine look at these people.

I've been thinking about this off and on today and I really think the reason the Late Night Feast is structured like it is is because the HMs aren't providing that sort of content on their own. Single people: Ed, Katie, Jade, Drew, Tully lol and Ben. No action is happening other than Drully and the sporadic Jade/Ed so that's it for potential hookups. And even when the guys are alone for example the most scandalous aspect of their conversations is the talk about them piecing together their perfect girl and who they'd do which we've heard two weeks in a row. As for the girls, I just can't see them getting into much adult chat at all. I'm pretty convinced if the producers didn't completely contrive the Friday night party that they wouldn't have enough content to fill a 30 min late night show. I much prefer learning more about the HMs but I think I'm in the minority so to appease those constantly asking for nudity and partying, this is all they've got.

I wonder how many people would be interested in having a 48-hour delayed live stream? Perhaps turned off on the weekend and they find some way to stream those days on-demand, or perhaps they make it a payed for service where you stream on-demand each day 48 hours after. This would allow the producers to keep things in the shows a surprise, certainly they could censor things to within an inch of it's life if it was necessary but we would get to see what else is happening.

Clearly if the producers want to make their own story lines with editing though and purposely don't want to show the other bits then they aren't going to want to do this.

I wonder how many people would be interested in having a 48-hour delayed live stream? Perhaps turned off on the weekend and they find some way to stream those days on-demand, or perhaps they make it a payed for service where you stream on-demand each day 48 hours after. This would allow the producers to keep things in the shows a surprise, certainly they could censor things to within an inch of it's life if it was necessary but we would get to see what else is happening.

Clearly if the producers want to make their own story lines with editing though and purposely don't want to show the other bits then they aren't going to want to do this.

No sorry, that's ridiculous. What's the point of a 2 day delayed "live" stream? We might as well just continue with the live updates if that's the case. No1 would even watch it because the public would know what's going to happen!

Back