Skip to main content

What happened to eviction prizes?

astr1d

Prisus Walks
I honestly miss prizes for all the contestants, the traditional 10 Big Brother questions and the charity item.

Actually, in general I just miss Gretel being a part of Big Brother.

~nostalgia~

Sonia wanted a pay rise. That's where all the prize budget went.

I miss the charity items you could purchase. The money went to charity.

It got ridiculous with them getting cars and bikes just for showing up. A few small prizes would be ok, so long as they keep them small eg a hamper of Ambi-pur products. The other thing you have to consider is the time it could take out of the eviction interview, given the interviews are shorter now. That goes for the 10 questions too, it would be at the expense of more in-depth questions.

Bear in mind, they DO get paid while they're in the house. The money pays their rent etc while they're away fom home... but I dunno how much it is. Definitely more than minimum wage though.

Bear in mind, they DO get paid while they're in the house. The money pays their rent etc while they're away fom home... but I dunno how much it is. Definitely more than minimum wage though.
I always wondered how much they were paid too!

I would say a grand a week. Once they get out they do the media rounds and nightclub appearances so they get paid pretty well for that despite an agent taking most of it

Apparently last year it was around $800/week - so a grand could well be correct. The first BB they got $500/week.

still wouldn't hurt them to give them a small parting gift ... maybe even something corny like a Housemates of 2013 Certificate/Photo
in a frame ... that way they could talk to Ben each night before they went to bed ... <ducking for cover>

They have no sponsors, so no consolation prizes.

Remember when it started they only got a phone or playstation something didn't they?Or nothing?

They only built up to the real goodies as the show gathered sponsors.

A few years ago I auditioned for a reality show on channel nine and I asked this question. They said we would recieve around $500 a week if selected to be on the show. I thought it was quite low at the time. Lower than minimum wage. That's just what I remember though.

anyone notice theres been no evicted HM goodbye messages in the video section either! Channel 9 blows!

They are playing for $250k.

When you play a game, do they give prizes for everyone that enters? I say NO.

They don't need to be given prizes.

Back