Skip to main content

Weekend content

Ayr

Awesome site donor
I dunno; the whole "nothing on Channel 9 because our weekend schedule is too busy" thing isn't washing. This isn't "GTV9 - "Still the One" days. This is multimedia, many channels, much love" days.

And we still get ... a daily show. And nada Saturday or Sunday? Even "Hey Hey It's Saturday" worked on weekends; for a while. You know; 20 years. But this is a show that's on for three months, ish; across Nine, Go, and whatever the other one is called; we can't use the website to promote cross-channel terrestrial broadcasting? Content can't be worse than re-runs of the Flying Nun; or well, any other Sally Field comedy.

"Channel 9" has multiple points of interaction. But nah; reruns of Bewitched will do it. Get innovative. I watch religiously; but not "live"; I'm asleep. I'm watching online - mostly via the official site; but, the ads? Yep; I listen, but don't watch - tabbed browsing wins.

Sell to youtube; not the ads, but your content. I've worked in advertising; and media (ie, radio, tv); sell minimal, get creative. The whole Ambi-pur thing. /upchuck. I'd rather reek of smoke than smell like Layla's "blog". Er... oops... Bog.

Count to 1. Evict the thread. Just peeved that there's about 4 days of non-interaction; and well, one half-hour show of actual interaction before eviction.

I want to know if Cakeb's bodypress against Sugar 2 hit the mark; I want to know if ... oh forget it, Tully fkn cried. I want to know if Ed locked knees with Jade. And I want to know if, in any three day period including a weekend somewhere near Australia's Sunshine Coast; Drew took his fucking shirt off.

And I'll have to wait until Wednesday. Maybe.

GG.

Really wish they would have something...it's so weird to have Friday+Saturday+Sunday content +nominations on Monday...weekends are when they get drunk and are up to shenanigans....

My thing is that we don't find out who's up for eviction till Thursday night then there's only half an hour show between then and eviction night. Don't they realise how much more money they'd make from votes if people actually saw content besides little out of context snippets on the non-live 'live feed' before the eviction?

I guess it's cos of footy finals they want everyone watching that maybe. I'm surprised BB isn't on every single night with a channel like GO! at their disposal.

"next Saturday" = after the footy commitment ends? Well, good. But, I hope that 9 doesn't pin its 12 month results onto Hawthorn vs the doggies; next year, after 80% of the rabid fans of both subjugate to the AFL behemoth.

why do we need a new thread about this every week? :confused:

look, i'd love to see more shows, but its just not a good idea.
you see, people dont watch the show on multi channels, and that was proven last year. (i'll go through the numbers in a sec)

It fails mainly because its not in the normal schedule (7pm on ch9), and when people miss a show, they lose the story line, and will lose interest in the show because they dont understand it (surely its happened to you at some point), and thus the show will lose viewers.
just look at what happened this year with showdown (Saturday for first time EVER, and 6:30pm), there was a huge loss in viewers, and would be even worse on a multichannel.

Now lets look at what happened last year... :cool:
in the start, there was a sunday daily show broadcast on GO! right before the first secrets revealed show on 9.

233,000 people watched the GO! daily show. (thats a pathetic number, and remember at that point the show was consistently over 1M)
1,365,000 people watched the eviction straight after it on nine.
thats a difference of 1,132,000 people! thats huge! and its the lowest rating daily show BB has EVER seen!
every single one of those 1,132,000 people wouldnt have been able to follow the story line. (i even remember having to explain things to my sister that night)
if they did it both days, how many people would be missing what was going on and losing interest?
9 doesnt want to force the show to fail, and nor should you.
consistency is always better ;)

see also:
Are we missing out?
Bring back Sunday nite evictions & Mon nite noms!
BB 2013 Initial Scheduling on Nine/GO!
Australia's got Talent repeat instead of BB??

Last edited:
why do we need a new thread about this every week? :confused:

look, i'd love to see more shows, but its just not a good idea.
you see, people dont watch the show on multi channels, and that was proven last year. (i'll go through the numbers in a sec)

It fails mainly because its not in the normal schedule (7pm on ch9), and when people miss a show, they lose the story line, and will lose interest in the show because they dont understand it (surely its happened to you at some point), and thus the show will lose viewers.
just look at what happened this year with showdown (Saturday for first time EVER, and 6:30pm), there was a huge loss in viewers, and would be even worse on a multichannel.

Now lets look at what happened last year... :cool:
in the start, there was a sunday daily show broadcast on GO! right before the first secrets revealed show on 9.

233,000 people watched the GO! daily show. (thats a pathetic number, and remember at that point the show was consistently over 1M)
1,365,000 people watched the eviction straight after it on nine.
thats a difference of 1,132,000 people! thats huge! and its the lowest rating daily show BB has EVER seen!
every single one of those 1,132,000 people wouldnt have been able to follow the story line. (i even remember having to explain things to my sister that night)
if they did it both days, how many people would be missing what was going on and losing interest?
9 doesnt want to force the show to fail, and nor should you.
consistency is always better ;)

see also:
Are we missing out?
Bring back Sunday nite evictions & Mon nite noms!
BB 2013 Initial Scheduling on Nine/GO!
Australia's got Talent repeat instead of BB??

233,000 is actually pretty good for a multichannel. Unless its sport, a movie or Big Bang Theory, nothing rates above 300k on multichannels. Also last year Nine didnt promote at all that the daily show was going to be on Go!.

true, it is! and it was the top rating program of the multichannels for the night, but it was so far off what BB had been rating that point, and this is where the importance of following the storyline comes in so yes, great for GO!, but crap for BB and keeping an audience.

and true, it wasnt well advertised, nine is crap at advertising (in general), not much more i can say on that haha!

Anal retentive much ? ^^

because i use facts to back up an argument?
yeah alright, fuck off :)

Back