Skip to main content

Ways to improve this year's Big Brother

Not too fussed but the biggest thing that was lacking last season was the TASKS! BBUK tasks are the highlight of the week, and the tasks tend to be long and actually have a purpose. Very fun to watch. Seriously...I would love to know who sits in a room and goes 'Oh, watching someone MISS a ball over and over (the cricket task) will be so challenging and so thrilling to watch..ratings for sure'!

And i keep comparing but a BBOTS panel show would be great for a nightly show. Even if it were just apart of a web series or something...discussing Housemate personalities and going deeper into the different natural 'storylines' developing within the group. Can bring in former Housemates, family etc etc. I think something like this would mature the show more as well and offer not adult content..but some intellectual conversations from the outside. Oh if there is going to be a twist...friggen go hard with it and actually make it worthwhile.

The tasks are fucking boring and in many cases pointless. They need more tasks like the Santa's Workshop task (the only task I liked last year) where they are doing something worthwhile and for a good cause, not some pointless activity for the sake of it like making ice creams for the production crew, washing cars that were deliberately driven through the mud by production crew, etc.

The tasks are fucking boring and in many cases pointless. They need more tasks like the Santa's Workshop task (the only task I liked last year) where they are doing something worthwhile and for a good cause, not some pointless activity for the sake of it like making ice creams for the production crew, washing cars that were deliberately driven through the mud by production crew, etc.

To be fair when have the task ever meant anything? Besides the Santa one. 2005 they learned to tango and did a conveyor belt task just to destroy shit.

To be fair when have the task ever meant anything? Besides the Santa one. 2005 they learned to tango and did a conveyor belt task just to destroy shit.

Agreed. Tasks have never really had a point, other than the weekly shopping budget. But the last two years, the tasks last a day and a half, rather than the tasks lasting a week and keeping them busy and interacting on the basis of who isn't 'pulling their weight'.

The last two years seem more focused on asking the HMs direct questions rather than US watching them interact.

Don't let them sit around sunbathing FFS. Get them doing chores, tasks etc.

Be honest, didn't Fitzy make that show what it was? You needed someone as likable, witty and funny to make that show work. I couldn't get through even one full episode of the feature showdown program. Hosts made me instantly turn it off. Anyway, the sort of guy you need is in short supply. At this point that sort of gig is beneath Fitzy, so I think it is a big gamble to try and make it work again.
Yes u are right about Fitzy however i also believe they need to work on the original essence of the show as well. Showdown was unbearable! Way too pressed both by the hosts and the activities (mainly hosts)

I would really like Sonia to be more engaged with the show on both conceptual and practical levels and hopefully as a result be less patronising towards the HMs and fans, and less focused on obvious and uninteresting story lines. I don't think she gets it. I think she barely watches it. She is generally fun and smart but as a BB host has never shown anything like Gretel's acumen.

I would really like Sonia to be more engaged with the show on both conceptual and practical levels and hopefully as a result be less patronising towards the HMs and fans, and less focused on obvious and uninteresting story lines. I don't think she gets it. I think she barely watches it. She is generally fun and smart but as a BB host has never shown anything like Gretel's acumen.
Her fashion line has folded so she may have more time this year.

Gretel seemed more invested and in the know when it came to the housemates. That probably helped, despite the fact it usually resulted in her disgust and disdain.

Bring back Ginger Ninja!!

Seriously though, I think what I want back is just repeating everyone else - Proper Live feed, Adult's Only, Uplate. None of which will happen unfortunately. I'm hoping that they will at least be keeping Late Night Feast since they won't bring back Uplate or Adult's Only.

It would be good if they could take Showdown back to how it was when it was FNL - it was more entertaining back then.

My comprehensive list of ways to improve Big Brother:

1. Cancel it.

why the fuck are you even on here?

+1 to what everyone else has said, but i think the most important thing might be for ch9 to loosen the leash on alex a bit, let him do what he wants, i genuinely believe he wants to do a good season and that he knows how, but its mostly 9 screwing it up and making shit decisions.

Re: Sonia. If she did go is there a potential replacement waiting in the wings who'd be any good. Mike Goldman would be terrible, while I thought last year Channel 9 might be testing the waters with that woman from The Block who hosted Showdown but as she went within weeks I doubt she'd be a candidate.

I think Sonia has the same problem Davina had in the later stages of BBUK - the hosting role is reduced to just linking to highlights and reading phone numbers, and hence they've not got much to do and don't get utilised to their full potential. I'm sure if Sonia had more of a show to present she'd come across much better - at the very least ditch Goldman from the eviction shows and get the friends and family up on stage for Sonia to talk to.

why the fuck are you even on here?

ahahaha you're too easy*. I've been here since maybe 2003. Why do you think?

But to be honest the way Nine has recreated BBAU for 8yo's is really sad. I almost wish they would put it down because they sure as hell aren't going to fix it.

And Brekkie (above), if they did make Shelly Craft the host I would set fire to my TV and throw it off the balcony.
*obvious troll is obvious.

ahahaha you're too easy*. I've been here since maybe 2003. Why do you think?

But to be honest the way Nine has recreated BBAU for 8yo's is really sad. I almost wish they would put it down because they sure as hell aren't going to fix it.

And Brekkie (above), if they did make Shelly Craft the host I would set fire to my TV and throw it off the balcony.
*obvious troll is obvious.
I would set fire to the house.

Back