Skip to main content

Ways to improve this year's Big Brother

I still think a Behind Big Brother Show will be a good idea, hosted by yours truly.

GOON.

Who's with me ??

I gave up on last season...it fell apart too much for me when there were too many housemates to start off with. And the favouritism...don't get me started.

Things I'd like to see happen:

. Steady Schedule (as already noted)
. Nominations in the diary room and live (make an event for it! It's a chance for everyone to be themselves and express their true feelings without feeling watched)
. No nomination super-power
. A BB that cracks the whip every now and then...and doesn't put words into HMs mouths.
. No gimmicks (as in Surly-esque type things)
. If there is going to be a twist, implement it after a week if it affects the whole house, if its a secret type thing for one or two people then I think its fine to introduce on opening. (like a mole for example)
. Make the housemates work for their food and privileges...it's too easy for them.

I have probably got plenty more but am too tired to think of anymore.
I would love for them to try the mole twist again. It was my favourite BBAU twist.

I wouldn't mind this personally, however nine want this to be a family friendly show. That would be too late in the two largest markets.

If it was a one hour show that didn't go way overtime, it would run until just after 9pm. That couldn't be too late, as the eviction shows from last year often ran close to 9pm.

I want them to drop having 3 HM on final night, it makes the final go so long.
And we don't get enough time with the winner

No stupid fish, real or fake. It makes the Hm look like fools, talking to a fish.

BB needs to stick to his guns, and keep the housemates in line. No breaking of rules, moms talk, making contact with the outside world.

Make the tasks a bigger part of the weekly viewing, last year it seemed like they only lasted for three days.

Make Noms live again, and no stupid chamber. I'm sure they can hear what's being said, or are reading lips.
And don't make the super power a big deal, when it isn't really. Half of the time, they don't use the power to its full advantage

I like having 3 housemates at the end. It adds more excitement to it. The problem is that they have so much filler, so it ends up running overtime.

Like last year, we could have done without the Ben and Layla parts, the biggest fan and the Channel Nine cross promotion.

I agree with previous posters' ideas (more Live shows, evicted HMs on Nomination show, Uplate, Streaming Live Feed, longer Weekly Tasks, intruders to stay much longer, more consistent schedule etc), and add the following;

By the time you factor in commercial breaks, "Coming Up" segments and opening credits, the 30 minute shows were roughly 15 minutes of actual footage. Please, do something about Friday's show to lengthen it. - near impossible I know.

I can't believe that we're usually a day behind in what's going on in the house. This has ramifications on several levels. The (ahem) "Weekly Task" needs to finish too early in the week to slot it into a Thursday show or even the 15 minutes on Friday. I realize this is probably what NINE wants since they want to vet the show early on the day it will air, but it's not appropriate for this show IMHO.

Next, stop trying to bluff the audience into thinking that footage aired during a "Live Audience" show is 'what they're up to now' - it's total BS and insulting.

As much as I like to see Sonia during Eviction & Nomination shows (only if LIVE), she DOES NOT need to be there for ANY other show. It simply wastes time that could be spent showing us footage from the house. If programmers believe that the audience is dumb and needs an explanation, let Mikey do it as a voice over - as previous years did.

Finally, please stop with the endless 'HM in the diary room talking to camera' - we really need to see HMs interacting and speaking candidly with EACH-OTHER, NOT with a BB director. If you can't get them to open up to each-other then you're casting the wrong HMs.

The show as it stands feels like a packaged version of BB of old. I don't watch other 'reality' shows for that reason.

I wonder what pet the house will get this year, I am so over it being a bloody dog!

What about a monkey? Would that be allowed? or do you need to have like a specially trained person to look after it.

What animals are you guys hoping they have this year?

No surly. No pet.

Less filler on nominations/eviction shows. Showing more footage. More than 30 minutes on Friday (min. 1 hour of full content everyday - minus Sat)

No dance opening on launch night.

More challenging and interesting weekly tasks.

Most has been said, but to re-enforce:

1) Diary room noms
2) No divide first week
3) More everyday people, not looking for a high profile career but just being themselves to see how they go.
4) Time stamped clips during daily shows/every show preferably in order.
5) Uncontrived late show with clips of Adult content (flesh and convos!) from the previous week.
6) If there has to be individual tasks let us know how that person was selected...hate it when everyone screams "favouratism!"
7) 30sec delay "live" streaming.....the delay gives them time to pull the plug but we still get an unedited look in to the house, people will pay!!!!!!!!

Really good OP.

The Sunday eviction is a big one, it simply has to be brought back IMO. Definitely lost some of the magic with it being thrown around last year. Wednesday night evictions ... like come on.

Also do think the live stream should be back, but we all know that probably isn't going to happen.

Really good OP.

The Sunday eviction is a big one, it simply has to be brought back IMO. Definitely lost some of the magic with it being thrown around last year. Wednesday night evictions ... like come on.

Also do think the live stream should be back, but we all know that probably isn't going to happen.
I think as long as the scheduled stays the same for the entire series I'll be happy. So for me Monday night evictions are fine as long as we get a Saturday or Sunday night daily show.

If they are going to try a full length Showdown show again, they need a charming host to make it interesting. Ryan Fitzgerald must have been 95% of the reason that the old one worked at all.

Some sort of uncut or adults seems so obvious.

Bring Friday Night Live Back!! That was the best part of Bb, and bring the real activities back. Remeber the eating challenges, where housemates were made to eat disgusting foods and put their hands in a tub full of cockroaches. And make the prizes worthy of foghting for. In addition, the show just needs to be a tad more controversial, Sonia should ask the housemates more controversial topics and not just, how was ur time in the house??

Bring Friday Night Live Back!! That was the best part of Bb, and bring the real activities back. Remeber the eating challenges, where housemates were made to eat disgusting foods and put their hands in a tub full of cockroaches. And make the prizes worthy of foghting for. In addition, the show just needs to be a tad more controversial, Sonia should ask the housemates more controversial topics and not just, how was ur time in the house??

I'm really not of the same school but a proper spin off show I believe could be put to good use...

My comprehensive list of ways to improve Big Brother:

1. Cancel it.

tumblr_lqeauyAExd1ql687d.gif

I agree I miss the traditional Sunday Night eviction/Monday nominations. I rarely watched it live last year cos I always work at night (rarely on a Sunday night).
Don't bring back Surly. Never liked that idea.
Maybe bring back Uplate? (Wishful thinking)

Be honest, didn't Fitzy make that show what it was? You needed someone as likable, witty and funny to make that show work. I couldn't get through even one full episode of the feature showdown program. Hosts made me instantly turn it off. Anyway, the sort of guy you need is in short supply. At this point that sort of gig is beneath Fitzy, so I think it is a big gamble to try and make it work again.

Back