Skip to main content

Watching old BB seasons: Then VS Now

fancypants

I've been watching a few older episodes and I realised how differently I view the series versus how I see it now. Which I understand is common sense, but I underestimated how significant this difference would from my perspective.

For example:
Back in 2004-2008 when I was around 11-15 years old I saw some of the hms as intelligent, well spoken, mature beings. I used to think hms like Gina, Kate (05), Michelle (05) etc. All looked so much older. I now see them as peers, except some (eg gina) with really bad sun-damage thus making them look significantly older than their years.

Now re-watching some episodes...I can't even. It's just really bizarre to think about how I viewed them back when I was younger versus now. Some housemates how I viewed as being quite mature and articulate...aren't at all. Why the hell did I think Glenn was funny? :s

Share your stories on how you see the ex hms now compared to how you saw them back in the day. Has it changed much for you? If so, why? :tongue: Edit: had a brain-fart moment and posted this in the wrong thread, I'm so sorry. :oops:

I've been watching a few older episodes and I realised how differently I view the series versus how I see it now. Which I understand is common sense, but I underestimated how significant this difference would be for myself.

For example:
Back in 2004-2008 when I was around 11-15 years old I saw some of the hms as intelligent, well spoken, mature beings. I used to think hms like Gina, Kate (05), Michelle (05) etc. All looked so much older. I now see them as peers, except some (eg gina) with really bad sun-damage thus making them look significantly older than their years.

Now re-watching some episodes...I can't even. It's just really bizarre to think about how I viewed them back when I was younger versus now. Some housemates how I viewed as being quite mature and articulate...aren't at all. Why the hell did I think Glenn was funny? :s

Share your stories on how you see the ex hms now compared to how you saw them back in the day. Has it changed much for you? If so, why? :tongue: Edit: had a brain-fart moment and posted this in the wrong thread, I'm so sorry. :oops:

Where do you watch older episodes from?

Where do you watch older episodes from?
Youtube :)
For example: Big Brother AU Launch Night

Kate seemed so articulate and intelligent to me back then...Now I'm not so sure watching her introduction video. I also viewed her as being more attractive back then, but that must have been due to current trends. Now it's all about eyebrows, fake tans, plastic surgery...And seeing bones. She's still really pretty, just remember her being beautiful.

Kate seemed so articulate and intelligent to me back then...Now I'm not so sure watching her introduction video. I also viewed her as being more attractive back then, but that must have been due to current trends. Now it's all about eyebrows, fake tans and plastic surgery...And seeing bones. She's still really pretty, just remember her being beautiful.

Thnx. Will be nice to watch some older seasons. I remember thinking Camilla and Chrystal were very beautifull but now I dont find Crrystal attractive at all.

I have watched some earlier series, and the only comparisons I make are due to age.

I've seen the ages of some housemates at the time, and compared myself if I am that age now. Or with some older series, I wonder if some of the more wilder housemates have mellowed, or if they are still the same.

Kate seemed so articulate and intelligent to me back then...Now I'm not so sure watching her introduction video. I also viewed her as being more attractive back then, but that must have been due to current trends. Now it's all about eyebrows, fake tans, plastic surgery...And seeing bones. She's still really pretty, just remember her being beautiful.
she reminded me of laura ingalls

melissa_gilbert121.jpg

Back